Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I've avoided the main forum for a good bit and rarely post or read on it. I have suggested before to simply "disengage" with these posters that are not genuine or do not want to contribute to a meaningful gaa conversation.

It is an open forum and I honestly like alternative opinions on the lead up to games. I would honestly love to discuss Saturday's game with a like minded Galway supporter, sure isn't that what it's all about.

If you react to every single jibe and wum then it is expected that more will follow ... the fire will quench without oxygen... simply disengage.

But the forum should be open and welcoming to all who adopt the right ethos to the game and subsequent discussions."
That's the thing horse I have no problem with other posters from different counties coming on here and joining in on the conversation and have a bit of craic and I'd say the hermit is the same, I don't go on to other forums and be winding up the posters I don't go on the dublin forum full stop.

I go on to other forums to wish them well and safe travels in their journeys to kerry.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12867 - 13/05/2021 14:33:52    2341486

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Oh ya, jimbo kept the catch22 facade up for a good while and then he forgot himself a couple of days ago, he always slips up eventually just like that tool multiple username.

When you're getting attacked on the main forum it's only 1 or 2 posters with multiple accounts so I wouldn't worry about it and everyone in the country knows what dublins 6 in a row is worth, it's worth nothing nada zilch, for 135 years the Holy grail of the 5 in a row was never achieved and the money started getting pumped into dublin in 2002 and within 17 years the 5 was done and then the 6, the allireland is a total joke now and just a battle between the ameteur teams to see who gets to be the cannon folder for the dubs and the gaa."
What a load of bitter nonsense

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2520 - 13/05/2021 14:51:48    2341493

Link

I welcome any genuine poster Kerry or non-Kerry who wants to come on here. This is first and foremost a Kerry fan page but I'm delighted if posters from elsewhere turn up to talk GAA. I think we've had plenty of such posters in the past and anyone who wants to search back through the pages of threads will see we've always been welcoming and willing to discuss and debate.

I have no tolerance on here though for WUMs, multi-posters and psuedo-Kerry fans only looking to stir it and cause trouble. Yep we should have more sense to engage but it can be hard sometimes when they post non-stop and try and dictate what and what can't be said in our county forum that some of us have been on the best part of a decade.

Moving on, it is a shame we don't see more posters coming on from counties you would be playing these days. I guess posters assume the main forum is the place to do it but given what that place has become I think KYboy you are the only Kerry poster really on there now, stubborn b*stard that you are ;D

I used always take a look at what rival county forums were saying if we were playing them in the days leading up to it, and particularly if it was national league game away I'd post asking for advice about where to park, get a drink etc but with Covid there's not much point in that!

Plus it seems a lot if not most county forums on here are inactive so we should be pleased we've kept our own one ticking along with regular activity.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6101 - 13/05/2021 15:29:37    2341502

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Oh ya, jimbo kept the catch22 facade up for a good while and then he forgot himself a couple of days ago, he always slips up eventually just like that tool multiple username.

When you're getting attacked on the main forum it's only 1 or 2 posters with multiple accounts so I wouldn't worry about it and everyone in the country knows what dublins 6 in a row is worth, it's worth nothing nada zilch, for 135 years the Holy grail of the 5 in a row was never achieved and the money started getting pumped into dublin in 2002 and within 17 years the 5 was done and then the 6, the allireland is a total joke now and just a battle between the ameteur teams to see who gets to be the cannon folder for the dubs and the gaa."
Actually went on the main forum for a gander and saw some of the stuff the yank's been posting too. Even worse than the stuff he puts on here. So I'd implore the genuine Kerry posters on here to ignore him as well from now on.

Horse is right only giving them oxygen. I won't fall into that trap again and thank God we have the season back now so we can actually talk about what's happening on the pitch.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6101 - 13/05/2021 16:00:30    2341515

Link

Great to see some inter county action back at last. Who would have thought we'd see so few games in the space of 18 months or so. It may take a while for players to get up to full speed but we can be grateful to have it back on our tvs after a long wait. Hopefully the extra break will benefit the likes of Geaney and O Donughue.

Unfortunately the Kerry game is on eir sport, not sure if this can be purchased for a one off game. May have to settle for radio kerry.

KY4SAM2015 (Kerry) - Posts: 880 - 13/05/2021 17:33:05    2341549

Link

Replying To KY4SAM2015:  "Great to see some inter county action back at last. Who would have thought we'd see so few games in the space of 18 months or so. It may take a while for players to get up to full speed but we can be grateful to have it back on our tvs after a long wait. Hopefully the extra break will benefit the likes of Geaney and O Donughue.

Unfortunately the Kerry game is on eir sport, not sure if this can be purchased for a one off game. May have to settle for radio kerry."
Welcome back ky4sam, great to have a few games to look forward to allright.

Does the gaago cover the games on eir i wonder? If so you could buy it for a fiver.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12867 - 13/05/2021 19:29:39    2341571

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Actually went on the main forum for a gander and saw some of the stuff the yank's been posting too. Even worse than the stuff he puts on here. So I'd implore the genuine Kerry posters on here to ignore him as well from now on.

Horse is right only giving them oxygen. I won't fall into that trap again and thank God we have the season back now so we can actually talk about what's happening on the pitch."
In the interest of fairness I think you are being a bit harsh on the Yank as you call him.I presume you mean Forever Young.I have seen most of his posts on the main forum and while I might not agree with all his views ,I feel he just gives his honest opinion.Yes he throws in the odd scud towards yourself and Kingdom boy but in all honesty both of you have been very sarcastic and rude towards him in the past.Forever young has a great insight into the gaa for a man so far away and has a deep interest in Kerry football although it might not be all love (but that's ok too).Also to his credit he is upfront all the time and has given both praise and criticism to Kerry and to Dublin Cork etc.Now on Jimbo I doubt very much that he is using catch 22 as a user aswell.catch 22 is very coy about his heritage while Jimbo is not.Jimbo wears his heart on his sleeve and again while I don't agree with all his comments that's life.None of us are perfect and let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.Of course some posters are wum but that's the same as lads in pubs etc.However we are all guilty of rose tinted glasses at times.Now to the matter at hand.Roll on Saturday.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1880 - 13/05/2021 19:53:12    2341576

Link

The yank, like someone else that's now very regular on here, came out of nowhere and started throwing out insults at long term posters on their own county forum just because they were expressing opinions about the Dublin situation that a huge amount of GAA supporters up and down this island share.

So damn right I'll threat anyone who comes on here and acts like that off the bat with the contempt they deserve.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6101 - 13/05/2021 22:13:58    2341604

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "The yank, like someone else that's now very regular on here, came out of nowhere and started throwing out insults at long term posters on their own county forum just because they were expressing opinions about the Dublin situation that a huge amount of GAA supporters up and down this island share.

So damn right I'll threat anyone who comes on here and acts like that off the bat with the contempt they deserve."
Well whatever Yank you're on about, it ain't this one. I comment on the main forum, the Limk site, here, the Tipp site, Carlow, and Clare occasionally. And of course Dublin, just to tell them how wonderful the greatest team of all time is.

I might occasionally post something sarcastic, but nothing ever insulting. It's fact-based matters that I dealt in.

Home advantage, even without the crowds, should be worth a couple of points to Kerry, and that should swing it for ye against Galway. Galway have gone for quite a young n inexperienced starters.

It's good to see Damien Comer start, and touch wood that he steers clear of injury. In full flight he's a pure beast of a player. It'd be great to see him for a full season.

I'd like to comment on the Kerry team, but don't know what it is!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 396 - 14/05/2021 07:12:06    2341627

Link

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "In the interest of fairness I think you are being a bit harsh on the Yank as you call him.I presume you mean Forever Young.I have seen most of his posts on the main forum and while I might not agree with all his views ,I feel he just gives his honest opinion.Yes he throws in the odd scud towards yourself and Kingdom boy but in all honesty both of you have been very sarcastic and rude towards him in the past.Forever young has a great insight into the gaa for a man so far away and has a deep interest in Kerry football although it might not be all love (but that's ok too).Also to his credit he is upfront all the time and has given both praise and criticism to Kerry and to Dublin Cork etc.Now on Jimbo I doubt very much that he is using catch 22 as a user aswell.catch 22 is very coy about his heritage while Jimbo is not.Jimbo wears his heart on his sleeve and again while I don't agree with all his comments that's life.None of us are perfect and let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.Of course some posters are wum but that's the same as lads in pubs etc.However we are all guilty of rose tinted glasses at times.Now to the matter at hand.Roll on Saturday."
Thank you Mick. Your own knowledge and interest is also top class. Anybody who was an interest in Gaelic football just has to know about Kerry, because Kerry is such a huge part of the sport. Kerry has the greatest record of all teams, and has more all-Ireland's than most counties combined, if you remove da Dubs.

However, we have to be fair and objective in our comment. Give credit where it's due, and criticism when it's appropriate. But we can criticize in a civil tongue. We don't need to revert to language such as 'Huns', etc.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 396 - 14/05/2021 07:19:53    2341629

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Welcome back ky4sam, great to have a few games to look forward to allright.

Does the gaago cover the games on eir i wonder? If so you could buy it for a fiver."
Thanks kingdomboy. That could be an option, I'll look into that, cheers.

KY4SAM2015 (Kerry) - Posts: 880 - 14/05/2021 13:09:36    2341678

Link

Replying To KY4SAM2015:  "Thanks kingdomboy. That could be an option, I'll look into that, cheers."
A good interesting read, if somewhat long and nostalgic. It'd be great to see O'Donoghue firing again, injury free!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40288547.html

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 396 - 14/05/2021 14:37:24    2341704

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Thank you Mick. Your own knowledge and interest is also top class. Anybody who was an interest in Gaelic football just has to know about Kerry, because Kerry is such a huge part of the sport. Kerry has the greatest record of all teams, and has more all-Ireland's than most counties combined, if you remove da Dubs.

However, we have to be fair and objective in our comment. Give credit where it's due, and criticism when it's appropriate. But we can criticize in a civil tongue. We don't need to revert to language such as 'Huns', etc."
Thank you Forever and amen to that.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1880 - 14/05/2021 19:46:42    2341749

Link

Hermit, well worth a read: Irish Examinerbody=https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40295645.html

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5271 - 21/05/2021 20:40:26    2344030

Link

at the risk of creating world war III

Hermit/K'boy: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40297937.html

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5271 - 26/05/2021 09:18:19    2345564

Link

Yeah saw that lads, thanks. Actually posted a link to the same story on the other thread.

Great to see but it's a decade too late, horse has already bolted and the All Ireland's won. Splitting them is the only realistic solution now.

Still all these kind of things add to the necessary critical revaluation of Dublin GAA's success and the legacy of their team.

In time I hope it will be seen for what it is and that their place in the pantheon of teams will be judged in the correct light. Reaping what you sow comes to mind...

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6101 - 26/05/2021 09:48:52    2345568

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yeah saw that lads, thanks. Actually posted a link to the same story on the other thread.

Great to see but it's a decade too late, horse has already bolted and the All Ireland's won. Splitting them is the only realistic solution now.

Still all these kind of things add to the necessary critical revaluation of Dublin GAA's success and the legacy of their team.

In time I hope it will be seen for what it is and that their place in the pantheon of teams will be judged in the correct light. Reaping what you sow comes to mind..."
Be careful of what you wish for! Splitting the Dubs might end up with Dublin North vs Dublin South in the AIF every year. That'd leave you in an even weaker position than what you're in at the moment.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 396 - 28/05/2021 10:56:03    2346042

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Be careful of what you wish for! Splitting the Dubs might end up with Dublin North vs Dublin South in the AIF every year. That'd leave you in an even weaker position than what you're in at the moment."
I actually agree, that is a possibility such is the production line of talent in the Capital

Best split them in four just to be sure :)

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 2056 - 28/05/2021 20:56:48    2346154

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "I actually agree, that is a possibility such is the production line of talent in the Capital

Best split them in four just to be sure :)"
Or just propose a .motion at your AGM to have them expelled, 32 counties, you need two thirds do if 22 counties agree with you.. bye bye to the capital

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5271 - 28/05/2021 21:37:44    2346174

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "I actually agree, that is a possibility such is the production line of talent in the Capital

Best split them in four just to be sure :)"
I think their depth is massively overstated. I'd back a Kerry 15 of non panelists to beat a Dublin 15 of non panelists.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 758 - 28/05/2021 22:57:48    2346199

Link