National Forum

New Jerseys

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Ban:  "Yea - I think its banana's that new jerseys are not realised before Christmas. Maybe highlights the difference between business minded County Boards and non-business minded.
Over the last few years Counties like Limerick, Tipp footballers and Cork have realised special once off jerseys with an historic reference.. The reality is they were done for financial gain and they were successful..
Jerseys are a massive market. Kids love the gear"
I know in Meath we had a special edition ladies jersey to commemorate their All Ireland and it flew off the shelves in the run up to Christmas. Even got my better half from Cavan one seeing as she cried the day they won it..... When i got it they said they couldn't keep the jersey on the shelves and everyone wanted it

But delighted that Masita who are based here in Meath are getting a nice little bump in Revenue from it and hopefully our girls got a few bob for their troubles into a holiday fund or something.

brian (Meath) - Posts: 1426 - 12/01/2022 17:27:29    2394661

Link

The Roscommon jersey with the map of the clubs on the back was a lovely jersey. A bit of thinking went into that. The front of it looks good too. Selling new jerseys after Christmas is surely cos people will buy the old and the new. Up to those that buy but a few quid more should trickle down to the County Board?

link

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 6311 - 12/01/2022 20:59:35    2394679

Link

Teams could definitely do more with retro jerseys etc.

Cavan had a lovely 1947 replica made by retrogaa back in 2012/13. Not available to buy anymore tho.
It's 75 years this year since the famous Polo Grounds win. Would be an ideal time to release another one.

We might even draw from the communion money if it was particularly lovely.

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts: 4562 - 12/01/2022 21:19:16    2394682

Link

Replying To cavanman47:  "Teams could definitely do more with retro jerseys etc.

Cavan had a lovely 1947 replica made by retrogaa back in 2012/13. Not available to buy anymore tho.
It's 75 years this year since the famous Polo Grounds win. Would be an ideal time to release another one.

We might even draw from the communion money if it was particularly lovely."
I would love to be able to buy a retro jersey that is the same as the jersey they are based on. Any special edition retro jerseys I have seen onsale always seem to be a bit different to the actual jersey they are supposed to be a retro of. For me I would love to be able to buy a jersey identical to Meaths 87 jersey.

bdbuddah (Meath) - Posts: 1007 - 18/01/2022 19:19:44    2395501

Link