LiveTracker - Sunday 25 July 2021

Connacht SFC final
Mayo 2-14 Galway 2-8, Croke Park, 1.30pm FT

Munster SFC final
Kerry 4-22 Cork 1-9, Fitzgerald Stadium, 4pm FT


That's all from me for today. Six teams left standing in the 2021 All-Ireland SFC now, with Kerry and Mayo the first two through to the last four. Thanks for reading!


Munster SFC final full time: Kerry 4-22 Cork 1-9

Mike Breen, who has been outstanding today, steals forward to fist Kerry's 21st point and Walsh becomes their twelfth scorer. A landslide victory in the end for the Kingdom (their biggest-ever championship drubbing of Cork), who are Munster champions for the 82nd time. They advance to the All-Ireland semi-finals, where they will take on either Tyrone or Monaghan.


Red card!

Ruairi Deane is sent off in injury time for lashing out at substitute Tommy Walsh, who is yellow-carded. Brian Hurley points a free to cancel out Spillane's second score.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 4-19 Cork 1-8

It's a 20-point game following further Kerry scores from O'Shea (free) and substitute Tadgh Morley - their tenth scorer.



Excellent goal chance for Cork but Maguire mis-kicks his left-footed shot and it bobbles right and wide.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 4-17 Cork 1-8

Steven O'Brien adds to the winning tally following a lung-bursting Gavin White surge.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 4-16 Cork 1-8

Captain Ian Maguire with a point for Cork in the 58th minute - 27 minutes after their last one. David Clifford replies from a 60th-minute free.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 4-15 Cork 1-7

O'Shea's tap-over free leaves 17 between the sides at the second water break. 4-11 to 0-2 the scoreline in between both water breaks. Cork didn't score in the third quarter.


Yellow card!

Brian Hurley and Gavin White get to know one another. The Cork man is booked.


The gap is 16 points with 22 minutes left. David Clifford hasn't raised a flag yet.



Geaney pokes to an empty net from inches out after O'Sullivan air-kicked when he seemed certain to score - 4-14 to 1-7!



Paudie Clifford turns on the afterburners and skins Cian Kiely, handpassing across for O'Shea to flick to the net - 3-14 to 1-7!


Munster SFC final: Kerry 2-14 Cork 1-7

Barry takes his second point to make it double scores and a ten-point game in the 45th minute.


Cork introduce Colm O'Callaghan to replaced the booked Dineen, having lost goalkeeper Martin to injury at the break. After an encouraging start, they have lost their way.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 2-13 Cork 1-7

The elusive Paudie Clifford creates space for himself close to goal and handpasses another Kerry point.



After a dangerous Cork attack breaks down, Kerry work the ball quickly up to Geaney and he calmly rolls his shot between the legs of substitute goalkeeper Mark White to the back of the Rebels' net - 2-12 to 1-7!


That was a dominant second-quarter display from Peter Keane's men. They outscored the Rebels by 1-8 to 0-2 between the first water break and the half-time whistle!


Munster SFC final half time: Kerry 1-12 Cork 1-7

Spillane tacks on an injury-time Kerry point and the gap is four. With tackles non existent, O'Shea closes the first-half scoring. Kerry have fought back from five behind to lead by five at the short whistle.


Unlucky for Cork as O'Rourke again strikes the upright. They win a '45' and play it short before hitting a wide...



Cork pay the price for standing off O Beaglaoich and the Kerry No.2 keeps going and plants his shot to the far, bottom left corner of the net - 1-10 to 1-7 after 33 minutes!


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-10 Cork 1-7

An inspirational Connolly strike off the outside of the right boot on the run through the middle brings the sides level for the second time.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-10 Cork 1-6

O'Shea smacks over the lead point on 30 minutes after the Rebels ran into a cul de sac. Wide for the visitors off the left foot of Mattie Taylor.



O'Shea turns Powter inside and kicks the leveller off his left boot - 0-9 to 1-6 after 28 minutes.



Geaney goes for goal but it's a tame effort and Martin gathers it comfortably. Brian Hurley is fouled by Brian O Beaglaoich and takes the free himself, screwing it off target before John O'Rourke hits an upright!


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-8 Cork 1-6

Barry with the point after good build-up play by the Cliffords and O'Shea. Cork wanted a free-in prior to that but Cassidy shook his head.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-7 Cork 1-6

Wonderful stuff from Paudie Clifford, who runs directly at the Cork defence and whips over a lovely left-footed point. Corner back O'Sullivan also tacks on his second of the day!


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-5 Cork 1-6

Goalscorer Brian Hurley points off his left and David Moran replies within seconds.


Killian Spillane has been introduced to the Kerry team, replacing the injured Diarmuid O'Connor, but is powered out over the end-line by Sean Powter.



Fantastic stuff from ful forward Brian Hurley. He drives past Jason Foley and rolls the ball calmly under Shane Ryan to the Kerry net - 1-5 to 0-3! Paudie Clifford replies with a point and the Rebels lead by double scores at the first water break.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-3 Cork 0-5

Corner back Tom O'Sullivan pops one over off his left foot - far too easy. Cork counter and Hurley misses the target this time.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-2 Cork 0-5

The fifth Cork point arrives off the boot of Brian Hartnett. The Leesiders then clear their lines feverishly and Connolly over-hits his delivery towards Hurley.


No black card

Jack Barry bodychecked Meehan with a late tackle after he released the ball in the build-up to that score and surely should have been black-carded?


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-2 Cork 0-4

Hurley points audaciously from a tight angle.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-2 Cork 0-3

Paul Geaney fists his point as the Cork defence again looks severely stretched. Luke Connolly's pass inside is over-hit at the other end.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-1 Cork 0-3

Daniel Dineen takes his point from an advance mark to stretch the Cork lead. Soft free to Kerry and O'Shea duly opens their account with a kick from his hands.



Martin denies David Clifford from point-blank range when we all expected the net to bulge. Great save - but the Cork defence has been cut open twice in the opening six minutes...


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-0 Cork 0-2

Cork catch the hosts napping from a sideline kick and work the ball up to Hurley, who booms over his second point.



Sean O'Shea kicks his shot straight at Micheal Martin in the Cork goal and then handpasses a centre to one of the Rebel defenders.


Munster SFC final: Kerry 0-0 Cork 0-1

No.26 on his back, Michael Hurley fires over the opening point after 70 seconds. Full back Sean Meehan then repels a Kerry attack.


Game on!

Barry Cassidy gets is started in front of 2,500 spectators. Cork won the toss and have the breeze at their backs.


Team news:

Two eleventh-hour changes to Kerry's starting XV as Paul Murphy and Jack Barry replace Gavin Crowley and Micheal Burns. For Cork, Michael Hurley comes in for Paul Walsh.


Cork (Munster SFC final v Kerry): Mícheal Martin, Kevin O'Donovan, Sean Meehan, Kevin Flahive; Cian Kiely, Sean Powter, Mattie Taylor; Ian Maguire, Paul Walsh; John O’Rourke, Ruairi Deane, Brian Hartnett; Luke Connolly, Brian Hurley, Daniel Dineen.


Kerry (Munster SFC final v Cork): Shane Ryan; Brian O Beaglaoich, Jason Foley, Tom O'Sullivan; Mike Breen, Gavin Crowley, Gavin White; David Moran, Diarmuid O'Connor; Micheal Burns, Sean O'Shea, Stephen O'Brien; David Clifford, Paul Geaney, Paudie Clifford.


So, Mayo are the first team through to the All-Ireland semi-finals, where they will face the Leinster champions (Dublin or Kildare). Next up is Kerry V Cork in the Munster final. Throw-in at Killarney is at 4pm.


Connacht SFC final full time: Mayo 2-14 Galway 2-8

Mayo come from five points down at the break to comfortably retain the Nestor Cup. They outscored Galway by 2-8 to 0-3 in the second half and are Connacht champions for the 48th time. James Horan's men advance to an All-Ireland semi-final. But what happened to Galway?


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 2-14 Galway 2-8

Straight through on goal, substitute James Carr takes his point.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 2-13 Galway 2-8

Tierney strokes over a free in the fourth of eight added minutes. Looks like Galway aren't going to score from play in the second half...


Some turnaround

Mayo have registered 2-7 in the second half; Galway have slotted 2-7 in total (including just two pointed free since the restart).


Red card!

Galway down to 14 men as substitute Michael Farragher is shown a second yellow on 70 minutes. We will have eight minutes of injury time...



Gleeson denies McLaughlin a third Mayo goal with a sensational save with his left boot. Opposing goalkeeper Hennelly thumps over the '45' and the gap is six!



But the second Mayo major does arrive on 66 minutes and this time there is nothing that can be done to rule it out! Ruane powers through the Galway defence and slots the ball low to the net - 2-12 to 2-7!


No goal!

O'Donoghue won the high ball and rolled it delightfully to the Galway net but is harshly deemed to have pushed an opponent to win possession. Cooke wins a soft free at the other end and Tierney taps it over...


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 1-12 Galway 2-6

Galway's first score of the second half accrues from a 62nd-minute Tierney free. Keegan booked for his foul on the Galway midfielder. O'Hora had to depart the fray after receiving lengthy medical treatment.


From five down at the break to four up after 55 minutes, this has been a solid Mayo recovery. Not sure what has happened to Galway, though. They look to be completely gone.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 1-12 Galway 2-5

Galway go long from the kick-out; Mayo win it and work the ball forward to Conroy, who kicks their eleventh point. O'Hora brilliantly dispossess Dylan McHugh at the other end. Loftus lofts over another Mayo point. Make that 1-6 without reply.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 1-10 Galway 2-5

O'Donoghue splits the posts from a free to double the Mayo lead. Two between them at the second water break as Mayo 'win' the third quarter by 1-4 to no score, with Galway threatening to implode.


Contrasting fortunes

That was 15 massive minutes for Mayo, who reeled off 1-3 to move ahead. In contrast, Galway missed four shots and struck the crossbar.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 1-9 Galway 2-5

Kevin McLoughlin kicks Mayo ahead - 1-3 without reply! - moments after Comer fisted a delivery into the Mayo goalmouth off the crossbar! A huge swing in this match!



Molloy and O Laoi win a '45' off Keegan and Tierney fires it wildly to the left and wide. That's four points Galway have left behind them in the first twelve minutes of the second half. At the other end, Ruane equalises - 1-8 to 2-5!


Yellow for Ruane for a high tackle on Mulkerrin. Mayo wanted a free-in that time but again Lane said no.



Johnny Heaney fists right of the posts and wide - Galway's third missed point since the restart. Mayo in contrast have notched 1-1!


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 1-7 Galway 2-5

Conroy lashes a left-footed shot high over the bar; Walsh wanted a free at the other end but Lane waved play on.


Comer drops his shot short into Robert Hennelly's arms. Diarmuid O'Connor crudely half-volleys wide at the Davin End. Tension is mounting here!



O'Donoghue sends Gleeson the wrong way and fires the ball to his left to the back of the Galway net - 1-6 to 2-5! Back to a two-point game.



Mayo go direct in the O'Shea. He picks out Ruane, who is pulled down by Tierney (yellow card).


Wide from Tierney off his left boot, under pressure from the Mayo defence.


The action resumes. Mayo have brought on Eoghan McLaughlin and Kevin McLoughlin for the second half.



There was a clash involving players from both camps in the tunnel as they headed for their respective dressing rooms at half time.


Walsh, Conroy and Comer have been the stand-out players so far. The holders are in trouble unless they get to grips with them and start to impose themselves on their opponents.


Connacht SFC final half time: Mayo 0-6 Galway 2-5

Galway ahead by five at the break thanks to those goals from Walsh and Comer. Mayo have looked fairly rudderless so far.



Aidan O'Shea and Sean Mulkerrin clash heads close to the Galway goal after the Mayo man had won possession dangerously. Both men receive treatment.


Yellow card!

Comer is booked for a late hit on O'Hora.


No point!

Peter Cooke's classy finish from the right wing off his right boot is chalked off by Hawk-Eye. Millimetres in that.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-6 Galway 2-5

Double scores after Padraig Joyce's men move the ball across the field from right to left and Cathal Sweeney fists their fourth point. At the other end, Conor Loftus blazes a goal chance over the bar! But Tierney replies in the second of five additional minutes at the end of the first half.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-5 Galway 2-3

Darren McHale gets the Mayo side of the scoreboard moving again on 33 minutes.


Mayo look rattled. Walsh has been destroying them and they haven't scored in 21 minutes. A double-hop presents the Galway captain with a free, which drops short and Paul Kelly fires the recycled ball left and wide.


Not for the first time, Walsh is on the ground after a tangle off the ball.



A second for the Galway men! Walsh takes on and outstrips the entire Mayo defence on a rapid run down the right and handpasses inside to Comer, who blasts a rasper to the roof of the net - 2-3 to 0-4!



Jack Glynn comes on in place of Galway corner back Sean Kelly, who seems to have pulled his hamstring.



Stephen Coen screws a shot right and wide from an advanced mark in front of the posts. Thirteen minutes since the last Mayo score...



On 19 minutes, Galway captain Walsh blasts a left-footed shot to the back of the net after Conroy's attempt at a point rebounded off the left upright. Walsh reacted quickest and the bullet-like finish was emphatic - 1-3 to 0-4!



Rob Finnerty is replaced by Finnian O Laoi after sustaining a knock when colliding with Padraig O'Hora. Mayo one to the good at the first water break.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-4 Galway 0-3

Galway are struggling with their restarts as Mayo's high press is putting Connor Gleeson under pressure, but they work it out nicely this time and Conroy cuts in along the endline to fist his point from an acute angle to the left of the Davin End goals.


Wides at either end from Lee Keegan, Damien Comer and Tommy Conroy.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-4 Galway 0-2

Left-footed, Conroy swings over the levelling point. But Paddy Durcan exchanges passes with O'Donoghue and bangs over a terrific point off his white right boot. Diarmuid O'Connor is shoved over by Kieran Molloy and O'Donoghue converts the free on ten minutes.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-2 Galway 0-1

A patient Mayo build-up culminates in Michael Plunkett picking out Ryan O'Donoghue, who slots his point from a central position. In the seventh minute, Shane Walsh opens Galway's account by dropping over an excellent solo point.


Connacht SFC final: Mayo 0-1 Galway 0-0

Matthew Ruane opens the scoring with a tidy finish between the Hill 16 posts following some tigerish Mayo defending at the other end.


Paul Conroy is shoved in the back and his midfield foil Matthew Tierney drags the free right and wide...


Game on!

Conor Lane gets us started. It's 23 degrees in the capital.


The head-to-head record between these teams in Connacht finals currently stands at Mayo 22 Galway 21.


Team news:

Mayo and Galway are both going to start the Connacht final as per match programme.


The teams are finishing off their pre-match warm-ups with just over 20 minutes to go until throw-in.


This is the first Connacht final to be staged at HQ in 98 years. That 1923 meeting of Galway and Sligo was shrouded in controversy. Hopefully history won't repeat itself...


Galway (Connacht SFC final v Galway): Connor Gleeson; Sean Kelly, Sean Mulkerrin, Liam Silke; Kieran Molloy, Dylan McHugh, Johnny Heaney; Paul Conroy, Matthew Tierney; Damien Comer, Peter Cooke, Cathal Sweeney; Robert Finnerty, Shane Walsh, Paul Kelly.


Mayo (Connacht SFC final v Galway): Rob Hennelly; Lee Keegan, Padraig O’Hora, Michael Plunkett; Paddy Durcan, Oisin Mullen, Stephen Coen; Matthew Ruane, Conor Loftus; Bryan Walsh, Aidan O’Shea, Diarmuid O’Connor; Tommy Conroy, Darren McHale, Ryan O’Donoghue.


As there are no Qualifiers in football this year, these matches effectively double up as All-Ireland quarter-finals - who will be the first two teams though to the semi-final stage?


Munster SFC final:

And we have an equally high-stakes encounter taking place down south, where Kerry entertain neighbours Cork in a traditional Munster football final at Killarney.


Connacht SFC final

The Connacht final, which is being staged in Croke Park, pits holders Mayo against arch rivals Galway. Throw-in is at 1:30pm.


Today, we turn our attention to the football championship, with provincial finals taking place in Connacht and Munster.

Click here for the latest posts only