National Forum

Armagh Vs Galway

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Dessie_Cross:  "The most surprising part of the incident was Morgan was jostled and goaded but he walked away from Comer. Everyone was expecting a reaction. Nope he walked away and the first man who would have got vilified and a 6 month suspension was clever enough to save himself.
The GAA then had a massive problem, how to penalize a few from Armagh but also someone from Galway to make it look half even.... but also leave the instigator Comer fit to play in semi. I'm guessing they made a scapegoat from one of the subs."
Morgan and clever should never appear in the same sentence…. as for been goading I'd say he would know all about that…

ForeverBlue2 (Cavan) - Posts: 754 - 01/07/2022 19:28:28    2429096

Link

Replying To Dessie_Cross:  "The most surprising part of the incident was Morgan was jostled and goaded but he walked away from Comer. Everyone was expecting a reaction. Nope he walked away and the first man who would have got vilified and a 6 month suspension was clever enough to save himself.
The GAA then had a massive problem, how to penalize a few from Armagh but also someone from Galway to make it look half even.... but also leave the instigator Comer fit to play in semi. I'm guessing they made a scapegoat from one of the subs."
The "goading" must have been Comer telling Morgan he should already be gone on a second yellow!

Seriously, there were two of them in it there, it wasn't started but just comer or Morgan, it was both of them.

To me it looked like Morgan scampered off in fear of picking up a second yellow, and Forker continued the good work of riling up Comer.

systematic (Galway) - Posts: 50 - 02/07/2022 09:22:46    2429121

Link

This is controversial stuff; it appears as if the case has asked more questions than it has answered.

the outside looking in I can safely say neither Galway nor Armagh went into that game to bring the game into disrepute and / or cause personal injury to another player from the opposing team, however an incident happened, it should have been dealt with separately and fairly but apparently not.

A couple of pointers, to single out the two captains and flash them with a red card each is to say the least questionable, will that prevent a reoccurrence?.

A 10,000 euros fine per county, will that prevent a reoccurrence?

A 24 week suspension, no game suspension not even one, will that prevent a reoccurrence?

A suspension that carried a number of games from one up, instead of a number of weeks was issued to the player in question. Would that prevent a reoccurrence, possibly not, but it would certainly make a player think twice before getting involved.

There is no deterrent to stop a reoccurrence, it's often said without a level of controversy the game would be dead in the water, full stop.

On the balance of fair play It appears as if Galway were a little hard done by with an all Ireland semi just days away, where as Armagh can abide their time over the coming months.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 2597 - 02/07/2022 10:39:25    2429126

Link

Just wondering if a spectator comes on the field ( as he was the last day ) and gouges a player eye what Is the punishment,,

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 609 - 02/07/2022 11:06:25    2429140

Link

Replying To Kickitout:  "Just wondering if a spectator comes on the field ( as he was the last day ) and gouges a player eye what Is the punishment,,"
Squad player. Leave the lad be and stop sensationalising it.

ardmhacha (Armagh) - Posts: 108 - 02/07/2022 14:21:35    2429197

Link

Replying To ardmhacha:  "Squad player. Leave the lad be and stop sensationalising it."
Whats done is done and it was wrong Sin é.
The important thing is Galway won and can look forward too getting the opportunity to play in the All Ireland Football Final should We beat Derry.
With just one week left to get mentally tuned in for the clash v Derry....I think that should be the focus now.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 1611 - 02/07/2022 15:31:30    2429223

Link