Raparees v Clough/Ballacolla Raparees by 3-5
Rynaghs A v Rynaghs B Draw :-)

CasKD (Westmeath) - Posts: 4 - 24/11/2021 15:32:28    2390631

Link

Replying To CasKD:  "Kilmacud v Raharney Kilmacud by 8+
MLR v Ballyhale Ballyhale by 6
Raparees v Clough/Ballacolla Raparees by 3-5
Rynaghs A v Rynaghs B Draw :-)"
Agree on the Crokes and Raharney game. Think the other 2 will be a good bit closer though I'd be agreeing with the results.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3301 - 24/11/2021 16:23:52    2390653

Link

Replying To WanPintWin:  "That's it. Their forward line is incredible for a club team. 4 of the 6 who lined out in the county final were Adrian Mullen, TJ Reid, Colin Fennelly and Eoin Cody, all top class intercounty forwards. The other 2 were Eoin Reid who also hurled with the county and Cuddihy who I believe had played underage for Kilkenny.
To think that this forward line also once included a certain H Shefflin."
Its frightening stuff, I wouldn't like to be a defender!!

Bon (Kildare) - Posts: 1387 - 24/11/2021 17:22:31    2390669

Link

I'm sticking my neck out here, but I think Ballyhale Shamrocks will win Leinster with ease.
This year's Kilkenny Senior Hurling Championship will prove to have been tougher.
I think O'Loughlin Gaels, who lost to BS 3-19 to 3-15 in the KK final, would win this year's Leinster if they replaced BS in it.

Cockney_Cat (UK) - Posts: 1499 - 24/11/2021 17:29:21    2390672

Link

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  "I'm sticking my neck out here, but I think Ballyhale Shamrocks will win Leinster with ease.
This year's Kilkenny Senior Hurling Championship will prove to have been tougher.
I think O'Loughlin Gaels, who lost to BS 3-19 to 3-15 in the KK final, would win this year's Leinster if they replaced BS in it."
Think Ballyhale will win it too. And yes O Loughlin Gaels and another few Kilkenny clubs would be in with a great shout too if they have got out of Kilkenny. Tbh there'd be a couple of Dublin clubs would have at least as good a chance of winning it as Crokes too. Still want an MLR Rapps final though; )

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3301 - 24/11/2021 18:05:37    2390680

Link

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  "I'm sticking my neck out here, but I think Ballyhale Shamrocks will win Leinster with ease.
I think O'Loughlin Gaels, who lost to BS 3-19 to 3-15 in the KK final, would win this year's Leinster if they replaced BS in it."
Ballyhale are 4/9 so it's not exactly Foin Avon!

They most likely will win it with a bit in hand.

BarneyGrant (Dublin) - Posts: 290 - 24/11/2021 18:05:49    2390681

Link

Replying To WanPintWin:  "That's it. Their forward line is incredible for a club team. 4 of the 6 who lined out in the county final were Adrian Mullen, TJ Reid, Colin Fennelly and Eoin Cody, all top class intercounty forwards. The other 2 were Eoin Reid who also hurled with the county and Cuddihy who I believe had played underage for Kilkenny.
To think that this forward line also once included a certain H Shefflin."
3 inter-county. Fennelly is gone and from what I have seen of him his contribution to Ballyhale is no where near what it was. I think I heard he hasnt scored in the last few games and didnt look physically fit in the KK final either. That's not me running him down as a player as he has had some career but in my opinion hes no where near inter county standard these days.
I'm also not sure Ballyhale are as formidable as they were but still deservedly favs for the All Ireland - if that makes any sense! Don't be surprised to see them getting caught in Leinster.

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 3116 - 25/11/2021 15:15:15    2390801

Link

Replying To tiobraid:  "3 inter-county. Fennelly is gone and from what I have seen of him his contribution to Ballyhale is no where near what it was. I think I heard he hasnt scored in the last few games and didnt look physically fit in the KK final either. That's not me running him down as a player as he has had some career but in my opinion hes no where near inter county standard these days.
I'm also not sure Ballyhale are as formidable as they were but still deservedly favs for the All Ireland - if that makes any sense! Don't be surprised to see them getting caught in Leinster."
I for one would be very surprised if Ballyhale get caught in Leinster.

Not only do they have great forwards, they have Joey Holden, Darren Mullen and Evan Shefflin in defence who are all very good club hurlers.

It will take a very very good team to beat them.

Past hurler (None) - Posts: 307 - 26/11/2021 18:50:01    2390934

Link