National Forum

Kerry v Dublin, All Ireland final 2015

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Up the Dubs,,,!

PJ (None) - Posts: 2288 - 20/09/2015 10:10:58    1789430

Link

I've heard a lot of loose talk about Kerry throwing curve balls but I'm expecting Dublin to throw a few of their own. I expect Dublin to hammer the hammer and attack Kerry at midfield and I'm tipping Brain Fenton to be man of the match. Dublin's whole season has been primed towards peaking today and when you consider they really weren't that gung-ho for the league this year and still won it in a canter they are a magnificently side.

Enjoy the game everyone and best of luck to both sides!

JamesH (Mayo) - Posts: 465 - 20/09/2015 11:48:13    1789456

Link

I agree with Joe Brolly that this final is boring and predictable for the other 30 counties. Dream final my anus indeed (not to offend any one!)

thelongridge (Offaly) - Posts: 1741 - 20/09/2015 13:05:26    1789479

Link

Congrats to Dublin on winning all Ireland, i said from day 1 it was predictable, and once they got over mayo 2nd best team Imo i guess result was all ways going to be another dubs win. Best wishes and enjoy the celebration

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 20/09/2015 17:20:01    1789590

Link

Terrible conditions and a very one-sided contest really, actually much more one-sided than even I thought it would be. I did expect Dublin to run over Kerry and ultimately win pulling up and so it came to pass.

Therefore, the only surprise for me is the scoreboard because let's be honest Dublin hammered Kerry in general play and should have won by 10 points + and that is not an exaggeration. Instead, it was a hammering by 3 points and make no mistake, it was a hammering by Dublin. The Kerry goal really was absolutely blessed today.

I hope those who boasted that Kerry had the better side and better players now admit they were wrong and have some class and acknowledge exactly who is the better team with the better players.

Congratulations to Dublin, the best side in country with the best footballers! No questions, no arguments. Only a real curmudgeon or spoofer could deny Dublin's greatness now. This Dublin team are truly a great side and the team of the decade. By the way, this Dublin side are not done, I'd be surprised if Dublin do not win another 2-3 All Irelands in this decade.

Well done Dublin! Enjoy it lads.

JamesH (Mayo) - Posts: 465 - 20/09/2015 18:08:39    1789638

Link

Well done Dublin, best team by far, Kerry seemed very flat. Some were predicting a close game, others said Dublin would hammer Kerry and others said Kerry would win easy, the truth is Dublin learned a lot from the 2 Mayo games, firstly they played the whole 70 odd mins, didn't lose concentration, didn't allow Kerry to get back into the game and most importantly contested and won majority of kickouts in midfield. The use of Paul Flynn for kickouts worked a treat, some were wondering should he be dropped for the game but you can't drop a player of his quality. I had said 2 weeks ago that if Dublin didn't sort out their problems that showed up v Mayo Kerry would win easy, Dublin done just that, they sorted out their problems, used Flynn as a target for kickouts, kept the concentration, contested midfield, kept Connolly on the pitch, told Philly McMahon to attack at all times and keep Gooch in the Kerry defence instead of up in forwards where he was needed. Dublin showed in the 2 Mayo games how to snuff out the target man in front of goals so it was stupid of Kerry to use that tactic, the Dublin defence had a great game and when Donaghy cane on they held him out, well done to them. Dublin and Jim Gavin got it spot on, the only complaint I would have is putting Kevin Mac in too early, he is an impact sub and should have come on during the 2nd half and get the crowd roaring instead of halftime where nobody barely noticed. Again well done to Dublin All Ireland Champions 2015

riverboys (Mayo) - Posts: 1389 - 20/09/2015 20:51:10    1789786

Link

come on you boys in blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
delighted to be all ireland champions for 2015
its been a great year
o byrne cup, national league, lenister and all ireland champions
a clean sweep, some achievement
conditions on sunday were unreal with the heavy rain
but was some brilliant effort and hard work and conetration that done it for us
in truth we could have won by a bit more but dont matter now
thaught fenton was outstanding, had faith in him since he came on in the league and has progressed all year.
fair play to cian o sullivan some effort to last 60 minutes
and jack mccafrey who was sick before and after the game.
thaught paul flynn had a big game too, done a lot of work and kicked two vital points
philly mcmahon was vital all year helping out getting forward and made the gooch have to track him all day.
sunday was history and scores settled for a lot of reasons
we had never beaten kerry three times in a row in championship games
last years semi final defeat to donegal brought about a lot of unneccessary reaction and slating
and players responded best way possible,
its always been said dublin need goals to win big games we put that one to bed too
and the last one to overcome was winning a big championship game on a wet day
its been a while since we got a day like that and they adapted brilliantly.
5 leinster titles, 3 national leagues and 3 all irelands in the 5 years is unbelivable
great days for dublin gaa
long may it continue
up the dubs!

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 22/09/2015 13:04:34    1790665

Link

20/09/2015 11:48:13
JamesH
County: Mayo

1789456 I've heard a lot of loose talk about Kerry throwing curve balls but I'm expecting Dublin to throw a few of their own. I expect Dublin to hammer the hammer and attack Kerry at midfield and I'm tipping Brain Fenton to be man of the match. Dublin's whole season has been primed towards peaking today and when you consider they really weren't that gung-ho for the league this year and still won it in a canter they are a magnificently side.

Enjoy the game everyone and best of luck to both sides!

Good call James H. Did you put any money on MOTM?

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 22/09/2015 14:32:06    1790748

Link

Gael85
County: Dublin

----------------------
Thanks! I sure did!

JamesH (Mayo) - Posts: 465 - 22/09/2015 18:14:52    1790939

Link