National Forum

Popular Posts from GeniusGerry

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Lee Keegan throwing GPS at Rock? - 13 Like(s)
I saw it on TSG now, just something coming at him as he was kicking it. Didn't realise it was Keegan throwing his tracker. Absolutely scandalous behaviour if true

GeniusGerry (National) - 17/09/2017 23:15:55

Dublin Vs Kerry Replay - 13 Like(s)
Fair play Dublin. No doubt the better team. Enjoy the celebrations.

GeniusGerry (National) - 14/09/2019 21:42:08

David Gough To Referee The Final - 13 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "Gerry, the Stephen O'Brien incident was outside the box. Cooper put his hand on Clifford's shoulder for the penalty. If that happened up the field would you expect a free? No. O'Sullivan took his man down. It was probably a black not yellow. No complaints though. I'm sure the calls will even themselves out over the two games."
There were two fouls on Steven, one outside, one inside. Either would have done fine in a game where scores were hard got. Cooper did a lot more that put a hand on Cliffords shoulder, he had a hold of his jersey and took him out of the play allowing Cluxton a clean catch. Penalty all day long, the rules are clear, albeit it's one that you'd get away with quite a bit. Most defenders would be a lot more cute / subtle in that scenario but I think he had lost the head a bit as he was in all sorts of bother from the throw in. Small dived for that incident with O'Sullivan, it's clear as day in the replay. Tom has a hand in but Small threw himself up in the air as if he'd been shot. It would have been a very harsh yellow imo and they explained why he wasn't booked on TSG.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/09/2019 10:57:31

The Dubs, The Monies & The Prejudices - 13 Like(s)

Replying To moc.dna:  "Unbelievable that John Horan is out again defending the inequitable funding which has been proven beyond a doubt. Surely this is the role of the Dublin County Board CEO John Costello & not that of the Uachtaran of the Association who is elected to represent all ! Any comparisons between individual counties is only whitewashing, it must be looked at a nationwide basis. The problem is no one is willing to challenge them or stand up as most elected officials are too busy worrying about their own political ambitions & funding within the Association. If they want analysis let them have independent auditors appointed from Sport Ireland, not from within that they can influence. A certain western seaboard county had a GAA appointed investigation into gate money & credit card mismanagement, the details or actions or consequences to individuals never made public. Let's hope that he doesn't appoint the officials from both Croke Park & Cork County Board involved in the PUC story, to this or he will come up with two different figures, just a couple of Million in the difference. Outcome will be GAA appointed investigation, finds no major difference in funding no matter what way it's played, all the sports journalists were wrong, time to move on, lift the carpet, now where's that brush !"
Horan, when discussing Dublin in his supposedly neutral capacity as GAA president refers to them as 'us'. That will tell you all you need to know about his agenda.

GeniusGerry (National) - 03/07/2019 13:11:44

Keeping The Gaa Amateur And Sensible Commitment Levels - 13 Like(s)
Ireland is too small to support a professional indigenous sport, and GAA has limited commercial appeal to other markets. Going semi-pro through a version of the existing player grants scheme might be possible but I can't see fully professional players in GAA in the foreseeable future. There is certainly an argument that the training schedules and overall demands on players are now unsustainable. The problem is that it only takes one or two counties to implement near professional levels of preparation and that sets the bar for everyone. If you don't follow suit you get left behind and won't be able to compete.

GeniusGerry (National) - 21/12/2019 20:33:49

Kerry V Donegal - 12 Like(s)
I must say I find Donegal fans to be cagey about this game, most of the people on here saying Donegal will win are not from Donegal. I've friends up there from college and they are reluctant to call it either way. It was the same in 2014. Donegal were supposedly only travelling to collect the Sam Maguire but all the bluster and hype was coming from anti Kerry people who were dying to see us beaten. Donegal fans are very level headed and passionate about their team in my experience.

GeniusGerry (National) - 18/07/2019 10:42:33

Kerry V Dublin - 12 Like(s)
Draw was the correct result and they go again. Both sides will feel they should have won it. I was sure Rock would nail that free at the end. Credit to Dublin who refused to give in when down to fourteen men. I'd expect no less, but they actually looked the more likely to win in the end. Kerry left a lot of scores out there before that and will be disappointed they didn't finish the job. The obvious conclusion is that with 15 for the full game Dublin will murder Kerry the next time but I'm hoping this game will bring our lads on another bit. Well done to both sets of players today on a fantastically entertaining game. Was lucky to be there.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/09/2019 02:23:04

No More Cheap Shots from Dublin And Kerry - 12 Like(s)
Happy new year to all posters on here League starting soon so at least we will have football to talk about again. I'd agree the Kerry v Dublin silliness is getting extremely tedious at this stage. Hopefully we can all get along better in 2020.

GeniusGerry (National) - 04/01/2020 12:25:46

Gooch In A World Of His Own - 12 Like(s)

Replying To CornAghais91:  "Yerra a magician no doubt. The greatest do it on the biggest days. AI final 2015...Cooper the magician disappeared that day. Yes he was a great player, no doubt. GOAT? No chance."
He showed up plenty of big days. He was long past his best really after that bad injury in 2014, never the same when he got back. I don't think he is the greatest ever either but picking one bad game late in his career to prove the point is really disingenuous.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/08/2019 21:17:57

Gough Speaks Out Against Shamefull Slurs - 12 Like(s)

Replying To Dubh_linn:  "Wow! You sound very like somebody else who hides behind a different username. No wonder this persona is often more balanced. Sometimes you just can't keep it in. The mask slips."
I assure you I have only one account and have never posted as anything or anyone else. Oddly this seems to be the standard thing to throw at a poster now when you don't like what they are saying.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/12/2019 19:26:42

David Gough To Referee The Final - 12 Like(s)

Replying To culmore:  "Gough made a few mistakes yesterday, Copper was correct call , penalty should have been retaken as Clouxton came off his line, O Sullivan should have got second yellow for that foul and thus a red , and Barry should have got a Red for striking a Dublin player with closed fist in the ribs ."
Under what rule should O'Sullivan have been sent off? The offence is listed as a free and tick in the rules as far as I can see. Someone said that 'ticks' or 'notes' are just something that refs have come up with themselves. I hope they are not a referee.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/09/2019 11:30:05

David Gough To Referee The Final - 11 Like(s)

Replying To mhunicean_abu:  "Have to agree about O Sullivan. The rule seems to be that when you get a ticking the next offence is yellow and a subsequent offence is red. Mc Stay on the radio this morning said if people don't agree with Cooper's sending off they don't know the ules around "ticking". How then could O Sullivan get a ticking (which he clearly did) after being yellow carded? Sauce for the goose"
Nothing in the rules to say you can't get a tick after a yellow. Ref also has discretion if he deems a foul to be accidental, i.e. a genuine attempt to tackle and dispossess the opponent.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/09/2019 12:18:20

Dublin Vs Kerry Replay - 11 Like(s)

Replying To catch22:  "Ye should have a word with your own Tadhg Kennelly so. Ye Kerry lads are yer own worst enemies and ye"d do anything for a few quid. Encouraging lads to leave the GAA and you boys as usual looking to blame anyone else you can. Blarney as usual is all your at."
Tadhg left his role as the AFL international recruiter over two years ago

GeniusGerry (National) - 21/09/2019 00:10:40

Likely Football Allstars 2019... - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Tarismelting22:  "I dont understand how people can have clifford in ahead of the likes of mannion he prob shouldnt have got one last year and i definately dont think he should get one this year. Dont get me wrong he will finish up with 5 or 6 of them because he is a brillant forward but by no means the finished article"
Clifford scored a couple of points the last day, got fouled for a penalty and a free, got his man sent off and set up a very scorable goal chance that was unfortunately missed. I don't know how much more the lad could do given how the game panned our. Of course he cant dominate like he did at minor level but a bit of perspective please. He has played a huge part in getting Kerry to where they are this year.

GeniusGerry (National) - 06/09/2019 20:43:20

David Gough To Referee The Final - 11 Like(s)

Replying To brisbane:  "Conor Lane who lives in kerry will be the standby referee and linesman. I find it strange no one in the kerry media/mafia is questioning his involvement."
He lives in Cork, not Kerry

GeniusGerry (National) - 31/08/2019 21:24:32

Next Dublin Manager - 11 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "Think if Tyrone were more consistent while defending their titles it would have only been one team Kerry prospered when Tyrone were deflated and just nowhere near their top level Kerry have not been capable of beating the very best teams in 00's and 10's"
And yet the shell of that team that was left over in 2011 was a great team when it suits you in order to big up Dublin's All Ireland win.

GeniusGerry (National) - 17/12/2019 17:41:23

Conor Cox Kerry Mistake - 11 Like(s)

Replying To summerof09:  "Too many passengers lad and not near good enough to win the All Ireland. That can be hard to take for any Kerry man. Back to the thread, Conor Cox should be on the Kerry team."
I'd say what you know about Kerry football could be documented on the back of a postage stamp tbh. Can you name one likely starter for Kerry in 2019 that could be labelled a passenger?

GeniusGerry (National) - 27/05/2019 12:15:32

2019 State Aid Free Championship - 11 Like(s)

Replying To legendzxix:  "In the 2019 State Aid Free Championship we are being treated to some good football. Ulster was described as the new Munster Hurling Championship! Roscommon shocked Mayo and then Galway. Limerick claimed Tipperary's scalp against the odds. Clare made a battle of it against Kerry while others were watching the Champions League final! Cork and Kerry was an open and attacking provincial final. There have been some great games in the qualifiers in recent weeks. Football in the State Aid Free Championship has been good and entertaining. State Aid Free have to meet State Aid at some stage. This is where things will change. The Super 8 State Aid Free Group looks like anyone will get out of the group. The State Aid group should see an interesting game in Dr. Hyde Park."
Ha ha ha excellent keep them coming!

GeniusGerry (National) - 03/07/2019 15:51:40

Not So Super 8S.. - 11 Like(s)
It's inevitable in any group format that there will be dead rubbers. There isn't 8 teams in the country at an equal level to make all the games competitive. I don't like the format either and I think Croke Park is a total disaster as a venue in this round. The games should be moved to neutral venues agreeable to both teams if the Super 8's are to be retained going forward.

GeniusGerry (National) - 20/07/2019 21:11:33

Gough Speaks Out Against Shamefull Slurs - 11 Like(s)

Replying To yew_tree:  "I'll put it this way..would a referee living in Castlebar get a final involving Mayo..? Or a ref living in Killarney get a final involving Kerry? Has a Connacht referee ever referred a final involving a Connacht county?"
No chance it would happen, ever. And yes, simple solution to ensure that you never have this type of controversy again is not to select refereees who have ties to participating counties. I would however dispute that he had a bad game. I think people's view of his performance was coloured by the embarrassing analysis in the RTE studio by Brolly and Whelan. It was the most biased and unprofessional piece of sports broadcasting I have ever seen, I was actually cringing watching the recording they made such fools of themselves.

GeniusGerry (National) - 02/12/2019 09:41:12