National Forum

Popular Posts from Jack_Goff

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Dublin's Success Not Down To Money - GAA President - 13 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "I'd also add allowing us to develop our own ground, with premium and corporate seating, that where the real money is for us."
Nothing stopping you. The money generated by Dublin is a fraction of what it once was in terms of ticket sales. This will only further decrease. The increase in hurling is making up for it somewhat at least. I'd be happy with a GAA that was played between actual counties. Not a province with the funds of a province. It's just pointless at this stage and the gap will widen. Nobody would miss the Dubs if they were removed. It would bring that magic feeling back to the matches that sadly only the hurling fans get now.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 22:29:13

Supermac's Call For Investigation Into Galway GAA Sponsorship Spending - 13 Like(s)

Replying To moc.dna:  "Nonsense, there are very few AIG type sponsors out there & obviously you never went looking for sponsorship from any major companies, it's a fantasy to think you will match Dublin's AIG sponsor. In fact trying to get any sponsor now to align their professional reputation & hard earned cash with Galway GAA is going to be very difficult even with changes. There is a toxic culture there & nobody wants to be identified with that. If you think it's raining sponsors who will top Supermacs input especially in the lean years as they did, come back & let us know."
Supermacs are quite generous and yet 5 years from them barely matches 1 year from AIG for Dublin. The rest have no chance of competing in this regard. Cork would be the next closest but still miles behind.

Jack_Goff (National) - 02/10/2019 22:05:51

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 13 Like(s)
I think I justified not attending. Most meath fans stayed away too. I presume the GAA will provide meath with 1.5m a year in funding now. We need it more then Dublin.

Jack_Goff (National) - 23/06/2019 17:35:16

All Ireland - Leinster Championship Draw 2020 - 13 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Yeah it's a open draw after the quarter finals are done. Keeps teams interested is the idea behind it. Can't see us not reaching the semis. And then? Well who knows we could be after a great league, would we fear Laois or Kildare? No I think we would beat either. Also dubs? If we have a good game v them in league it will stand to us. I still think we one of the few teams who can put it up to them, apart from our inability to put the bloody ball over the bar this year we matched them in most other areas over 60 mins. So bring them on. Imo we will play them no matter what, be it semifinals or final."
How many more hammerings from Dublin until you finally realise it's pros vs amateurs?

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 08/10/2019 21:36:46

2019 Attendances - 12 Like(s)
36,000 the attendance between the 4 teams. Tragic. Our football has become the Scottish league only worse.

Jack_Goff (National) - 20/07/2019 19:58:59

Intermediate Football Championship 2017 - 12 Like(s)
Well done to the ha. Great achievement going from junior to senior. I wonder will certain lads be looking to transfer back to them now? Wouldn't it be funny if they relegated someone like Skyrne next year! Hopefully they can go on a run in Leinster now.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 26/10/2017 07:20:35

Successful Teams In The Future - 12 Like(s)

Replying To witnof:  "Meath or Kildare don't get Home games as their grounds are a kip that need doing over which seems to be going to happen. As long as people make excuses for why we keep winning rather than some actual analysis of the changes this Dublin team made we will keep winning."
If Meath or Kildare were lucky enough to be the capital then we'd have a state of the art 82k stadium too.

Jack_Goff (National) - 07/09/2019 13:08:53

Dublin's Success Not Down To Money - GAA President - 12 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "Yeah that's because Dublin had the floor wiped with then in the two previous years. Big Joe Kernan had invented and mastered the blanket when at the helm of Armagh before Gilroy. McGuinness brought it to an incredible level in 2011. I don't know where Meath were during all of this, rowing over managerial appointments probably."
You are now on record defending Dublin playing puke football when it was necessary. So please don't take digs at any county that tries this tactic against Dublin in future. Or any minnow in general.

Jack_Goff (National) - 15/06/2019 19:46:53

Replying To jimbodub:  "Sources Jack? :)"
link At the very top download and look at that PDF. End of 2016 Dublin GAA had 6.3m sitting in the bank. 500k more then the previous year. I'd hazard a guess that due to winning 2 all ireland's since the revenue coming in is even higher. I'd guess that today there's probably over 7.5m sitting in your bank. It really is a disgrace that such a wealthy county gets so much more then everyone else. Maybe after you do the 10 in a row you'll finally accept it and call for change.

Jack_Goff (National) - 16/06/2019 23:55:04

The Death Of The Long Range Point - 12 Like(s)
There was a stat today that the last Dublin player to attempt a shot from open play outside the 45 was diarmuid connolly back in 2016. His attempt last Sunday was right on the line. Players are being coached not to attempt a long range shot. To me this is a bigger issue then the decline in high fielding. As a young lad I was more inspired by long range point efforts then anything else. Nothing better then a point stroked over from 50 yards from play.

Jack_Goff (National) - 04/09/2019 15:26:13

Replying To BeJasus:  "Of course it is . Damage has been done already , so i dont understand all the moaning and denial from both sides of the argument .. Dublin funding needs to stop right now , and for that money to be and spread around the country over a 10 year phase which allows teams a to close the gap. Dublin dont need anymore funding..its so blatantly obvious."
Dublin have an annual turnover of about 7m and a big surplus too. The GAA should remove the funding the surplus can cover as they clearly don't need it.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 20:41:29

Dublin Vs Kerry Replay - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "How many steps did Killian Spillane take for his goal in the drawn game? 8. I don't remember you on here whinging about it though."
Why are you not out celebrating? Are you so bored at this stage you'd rather post online? I can only imagine the six in a row.

Jack_Goff (National) - 14/09/2019 23:57:50

Meath v Donegal - 11 Like(s)
If we had the meath team of the nineties now they wouldn't beat Dublin today. They are too fit and strong while also great footballers with a huge panel. We need to athletically match them, match them for strength and match them for subs. When these 3 standards are met we might beat them when the next golden crop of footballers arrive. What needs to happen is millions invested annually into underage in meath. This is how Dublin achieved it plus they had the funds to train their senior team like professionals. Unless we get this investment like Dublin did we will not compete again. While it's frustrating our own county slept on their laurels in the naughties the real reason for their dominance is the funding and resources both financially and player wise they have. Kildare did us a big favour. We would have been embarrassed in croker today.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 16/07/2017 18:30:05

Tactics if Meath play Dublin next year? - 11 Like(s)
If lads are considering travelling next year I'd like to think they will stick around for the league before departing. The league is what really matters. That's when we need them. If they want to travel while we either get beaten by Longford or hammered out the gates then I'd encourage that. And yes if they were dubs they'd probably not be leaving. It's a completely different ball game across the border.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 21/10/2017 06:08:36

Meath juniors - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Blackspot09:  "Also I know it's only kilkenny and I expect our lads to win and win well and I understand the Gaa are probably trying to promote football in kilkenny and give them a leg up on the footballing side of things but imo no team in an All Ireland semi final regardless if it's junior or senior should have home advantage. I still expect meath to win but that's my 2 cents worth. Should be neutral venue all the way"
Dublin get home advantage nearly all the time, kerry often up until munster final day too, tipperary as far as the all Ireland quarters get home advantage regularly aswell. It's no big deal.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 16/07/2017 18:34:45

2019 Attendances - 11 Like(s)
Meath vs kerry 9300 Biggest turn out of meath fans this year. Fantastic to see. The league attendances for Meath next year should be good especially if we remain in contention for the final. Bring it on, can't wait.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 22:31:46

Taking Dublin away - I was right! - 11 Like(s)
I was banging the drum for a long time saying it's a joke Dublin get to play all their championship matches in their de facto home croke Park and that if they'd played their fair share away for the last 10 years they might not have won some of the leinsters they did. Last year against laois and this year carlow has proved the idea right. Both matches a lot more exciting then they would have been in a boring half empty croker. We were told nowhere could accommodate the Dublin fans. But last year and this year they came nowhere near to selling out the venues. They can be easily accommodated for the lesser matches. Another argument was they should maximise revenue by playing it in croker. If that was the case they'd have meath playing all their early matches in navan because we get a bigger crowd in navan then we get travelling to croker, tullamore carlow, portlaoise etc. Anyway glad to see one of my ideas proved correct. If the ref didn't gift Dublin everything as usual then this would have been a close contest right to the end rather then for 40mins.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/06/2017 20:22:19

Meath V Clare - 11 Like(s)

Replying To seadog54:  "https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/it-hurts-to-be-called-a-thug-dubs-legend-duff-on-journey-from-public-enemy-number-one-to-devoted-family-man-37908223.html A very good article in todays Indo about K Duff where he talks about the battles/wars he had with Meath players over the years. But also has high praise for these same lads who stood behind him through very tough times. "You know it's all these Meath guys that you battled against, these were the main guys that rowed in behind me," says Duff."
Graham Geraghty was public enemy number one as well in his time and got some horrible abuse from the media. Far worse and more personal then what Diarmuid Connolly has gotten. Never seen Geraghty get too much sympathy for it either. It's almost as if it never happened.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 14/03/2019 13:49:52

GAA Coaching / Game Development Grants By County 2007-2018 - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "These are development grants. Of course they should be proportionate to the population. So if Leitrim had more clubs than Kerry you'd be in favour of Leitrim receiving more funding than Kerry to develop and promote the game amongst a fraction of the Kerry population? Eh I don't think so but sure any excuse to have a crack at the 4 in a row champs."
The point is they are not proportionate. Why can't most Dubs like yourselves not acknowledge this fact? 15 times higher then cork yet your population is 1.3m and corks is 0.5m. There's absolutely nothing fair about these grants under any metric. Then you use the excuse of competing with soccer and Rugby. Well by that logic Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Derry and any of the big towns in Wicklow, Meath, Louth and Kildare should be getting huge funding also. I'm looking forward to the day when Dublin posters acknowledge the imbalance. You want other counties to pull their socks up and make Leinster competitive again yet you are happy with funding staying the same.

Jack_Goff (National) - 17/02/2019 13:55:38

The Death Of The Long Range Point - 11 Like(s)

Replying To lionofludesch:  "On the other hand, there's a school of thought that the sliotar's too light these days and folk are scoring from too far out. Maybe we all just like to complain."
Isn't that trend changing now in hurling with teams working it through the lines?

Jack_Goff (National) - 13/09/2019 14:11:40