National Forum

Popular Posts from ziggy32001

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

County players not lining out for their clubs - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Their wingback would be their main free taker."
ha any corner back who gets 7 points wouldn't be playing corner back. :)

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 01/05/2017 11:21:57

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "[quote=Ibbecek:  "Hope all those knockers of Mick O'Dowd now realize what we have bought. Remember after four moths last year Miicko had secured our Division 2 status and won the O'Byrne Cup Andy Mc already behind on that score. Also by April last year Meath County Players had played at least 5 club matches. Some this year haven't played one. Absolutely farcical that A.McEntee allowed dictate like this. County not playing for 6 bloody weeks. Come on."
Behind the score of winning an O'Byrne cup. Will you cop on. Mick O'Dowd we were 6-8 in championship. Wins against Wicklow x2, Wexford, Carlow, Kildare and Louth. We lost to Westmeath to the first time ever. Went 0-4 in qualifiers. And ohh yeah we also lost to Dublin 3 times by 7,16 and 10 points. The 16 and 10 point losses being our worst to Dublin since the mid 70s. And yeah we had a few decent league campaigns (9 points in div 2 twice, same as we got in Andy's first year). But his last year was the worst of the 4 leagues. Most importantly only one time in the 4 years MOD was manager (1st half Dubs 2013) did I feel an ounce of pride about the team I was watching and that is sad. So yeah maybe I will be proven wrong about Andy and maybe he won't be as good as I think. But to say he is behind a manager who brought Meath to all time low's because he won a Mickey Mouse cup in January is nonsense and you know well it is. So give Andy a championship and then come back and slander him, don't just push your own agenda. RANT OVER"]in a nutshell..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/04/2017 10:58:51

McEntee's comments re burning hurls - 9 Like(s)
Interesting article from Conall Collier in the Chronicle about McEntee's comments and hurling in the county.I suggest people read it..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 16/09/2015 10:11:44

Some people prefer football and some prefer hurling. I prefer football myself,but I would never discriminate against hurling.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 15/09/2015 10:25:13

Better to read it but this is some of his quotes.. "The challenges facing Meath hurling have not been causes by Gerry McEntee,he outlined his opinion and he answered honestly" "Meath hurling could be much stronger,could have a higher profile inside and outside the county" "Its not Gerry McEntee who is the enemy of Meath hurling,Who is the real enemy? What are hurling people going to do about it? The evidence of the last 30 years or so suggests they will blame someone else" Its a good article overall,but the general theme is for hurling people to stop blaming everyone else and do something about it.He also points to the improvements made in Kerry,despite them been a football mad county..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 16/09/2015 19:05:40

Replying To Barney123:  "What club are you from or can you not say? And it's funny browncows saying that some posters mix up fact with fiction and then he says we came third last year. We had to beat Laois on the last day to avoid relegation if my memory is correct. At the start of the league last year the management were aiming for promotion but by the end of the league they tried to make out our aim was always to maintain our div 2 status."
100% true,also one questions whether we would win that game if laois did not get a player sent off. look were laois are now too..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 29/04/2017 15:18:02

Championship hopes and aspirations - 8 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "It looks like a Meath and Kildare Leinster semi-final appearance but hopefully the Wee County can spoil the party. Louth have only reached one Leinster semi-final since 1998 so the odds are stacked against them."
louth are getting better,be interesting to see how ye get on against tipp this week.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 06/04/2017 08:26:32

Meath V Kerry - 8 Like(s)
well done superb win

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 23/04/2017 16:42:46

County players not lining out for their clubs - 8 Like(s)
http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=269630

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 30/04/2017 22:32:45

Pairc Tailteann - 8 Like(s)

Replying To CastleBravo:  "You're hardly accusing the clubs of going back on something they previously agreed to? That'd never happen ;)"
Was just about to say that!

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 29/10/2017 19:44:32

Meath v Fermanagh - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "I've been a critic of Biggy in the past and he has to take some of the blame for us not closing out the game on Sunday, but he shouldn't be dropped unless he's at risk of burning himself out. Remember, he hasn't had a single break between club and intercounty since 2015. Remember, an average game for him on Sunday still meant he was our top scorer from play. Who would you replace him with."
agree,just needs to be aware of what is around him.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 21/03/2017 11:02:11

SFC 2017 - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Lonetone:  "How many favourites have won the Grand National ?"
true,dunboyne for me,but roughly 6-8 teams may well think they could win it.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/04/2017 14:22:10

Keegan Cup - 7 Like(s)

Replying To BigJoe14:  "No underage success recently and an ageing senior team without the two Brays for a lot of games this season."
yeah as far as i see they don't have any players on the u16/u17 teams and no real u20's either. they need to do better tbh. see mcloughlin got 4-6 for moynalvey in the league and cillian o'sullivan did not score,anyone at that game?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/08/2017 11:46:34

Meath v Laois - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Royalio11:  "Laois are just outside the championship teams. They have been playing the likes of Galway, Offaly and Wexford for the last 3 - 4 years. They have the championship edge that is alien to the Meath side and it was evident yesterday."
yeah thats a fair comment. meath made a lot of progress quickly so yesterdays result wasn't a surprise.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 01/05/2017 17:43:27

Meath V Kerry - 7 Like(s)

Replying To StickFan:  "i feared for them after Kerry got the early goal, responded well from there top the last 10 minutes, the sideline should have reacted better to the situation we founf ourselves in, 13 men behind the ball, wouldnt agree that Kelly was playing out of his skin, you obviously havent seen to much of him if you think hes was that good yesterday cos by hes standards he was very poor."
from what i have seen of the hurlers they just don't panic... is the game against laois saturday or sunday?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 24/04/2017 16:55:23

SFC 2017 - 7 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "I say there is craic around that neck of the woods when Meath play Kildare Royaldunne."
a few kildare players live in enfield too.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 14/04/2017 21:25:42

Keegan Cup - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "That must be exactly it maestro hard to beleive its u21, minor and international rules threads dominating a few days before the county final! But the 2 best teams by far are in the final hopefully its a good game!"
Yeah looking forward to it,fancy Simonstown but it could easily go the other way..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/10/2017 19:26:39

SFC 2017 - 7 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "Meath and Kildare had some great battles down through the years. Who could forget the three match saga in 1997? Remarkable both Meath and Kildare have played 37 times in the Championships and it's even steven with both counties winning 15 matches each and there have been 7 draws. Meath have had the upper hand recently winning the last two Championship matches."
yet kildare's general record of winning things has been far worse than meaths.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 15/04/2017 11:51:53

Hit the nail on the head!! - 7 Like(s)

Replying To thelutch:  "didn't bother ziggy,i just laughed and drove on."
i would encourage more to complain. i have a 5 year old and often bring him to games. one wonders would they have looked to charge there.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 20/05/2017 14:05:07

County players not lining out for their clubs - 7 Like(s)

Replying To bert09:  "Meath bate down 5-13 to 12 points"
strong side.. how did newman look? and who played well generally?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 30/04/2017 20:39:53