National Forum

Popular Posts from yew_tree

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Case Study: Longford Football To Connaught? - 21 Like(s)
I'd be more worried about Kerry's easy route through Munster...what a bloody joke that is.

yew_tree (National) - 29/07/2019 08:08:40

"Why Should Anybody Have The God-Given Right To See All Games On Television?" - 16 Like(s)
Just because something was not available years ago, doesent mean we should be happy to go back to the system. I have a family member in hospital and had to listen to the Mayo v Donegal game on radio, many people in the ward would liked to have seen that game but hospitals don't have sky naturally enough when they don't even have enough beds... Fact is quarter finals used to be always free to air and now aren't.

yew_tree (National) - 06/08/2019 15:21:56

2019 Attendances - 16 Like(s)

Replying To kiloughter:  "Absolutely. And it does not matter who Dublin play be it Kerry, Mayo or whoever. Winning becomes routine. Sat night would have that type of crowd whoever Dub would be playing."
Would have been at least double there if Mayo were playing Dublin sat night mate and you know it.

yew_tree (National) - 04/02/2019 11:32:23

Who Are Dublins Challenger Now? - 14 Like(s)
Poor aul Kerry...you'd swear they were in the doldrums the way their fans are going on

yew_tree (National) - 18/06/2019 12:38:53

GAA Keeping Rural Ireland Alive - 14 Like(s)
As I write this, the new Leinster club champions Mullinalaghta have just appeared on the late late show and well done to them. They have given hope to clubs up and down the country. It was interesting to listen to their captain speak about the post office gone, shop, one pub closed and one left etc....however the GAA club is the ever constant. My club wouldn't be much bigger and I'd imagine it's a case in every county where most clubs are rural, with services and people disappearing. So for all the giving out we do just be thankful that we are all part of a fantastic organization, far from flawless and at times extremely frustrating but it's ours all the same and it's keeping communities alive.

yew_tree (National) - 14/12/2018 21:55:14

It Will Be 21 Years Since Meath Won Sam - 14 Like(s)
Ah sure that's nothing....try 68 years and counting....

yew_tree (National) - 03/09/2019 18:34:15

Dublin Stars Pocketing €6,000 For Promotional Gigs - 13 Like(s)
Ireland is a nation of begruders

yew_tree (National) - 08/06/2019 22:47:06

Kerry V Dublin - 12 Like(s)

Replying To Belclare:  "They put it up to Dublin all day, Dublin very lucky to get the draw. If Dublin didn't have an absolute rarity in Jack Mc Caffrey the best scoring wing back ever seen on All Ireland final day they would be finished. Fenton lorded it in the semi against poorer players but David Moran is a colosses.. Some replay in store.."
Fenton has already proved it over da years. Are players not allowed an off day. People jump da gun after one performance....it's the clueless mob mentality

yew_tree (National) - 01/09/2019 21:44:03

Gough Speaks Out Against Shamefull Slurs - 12 Like(s)
I'll put it this way..would a referee living in Castlebar get a final involving Mayo..? Or a ref living in Killarney get a final involving Kerry? Has a Connacht referee ever referred a final involving a Connacht county?

yew_tree (National) - 01/12/2019 22:34:59

2019 Attendances - 12 Like(s)

Replying To OpenStand:  "Only tickets for lower levels on sale at present ? Doesn't indicate a massive crowd been expected to travel to Dublin from the regions . Still reckon moving the fixture from Thurles to Dublin will have halved the amount from Limerick and Waterford in attendance . Also Kerry in particular will not travel for a league final to Dublin despite the fact Kerry could get 12,000 in Tralee or Killarney for a home league game ."
Don't really know why limerick and Waterford fans are complaining...ye both have a motorway all the way to Croker...ye also don't make many finals. Limerick are all Ireland champs so should bring a big crowd. Mayo fans will be left again to save the attendance

yew_tree (National) - 27/03/2019 13:48:17

Dublin V Tyrone All Ireland Final 2018 - 12 Like(s)
Congrats on the 4 in a row. Some team. Hope we can be back next year and throw a spanner in the works but for now ye look good for the five.

yew_tree (Dublin) - 04/09/2018 18:10:41

GAA Clubs Had It Tough In The North During The Troubles - 12 Like(s)
In my club we suffer with emigration but so do most rural clubs north and south. It's a struggle to keep heads above eater but we do it and it's down to great people giving up their free time right down to folk buying club lotto tickets weekly. However what I've heard clubs in the north experienced during the trouble pales into anything most clubs go through today...burning of clubhouses, destroying pitches, British army breaking hurls at checkpoints, intimidation etc....it was disgusting. I've great admiration for those in the north who kept the game going through those hard times.

yew_tree (National) - 29/01/2019 14:39:49

NFL Division 1 - 12 Like(s)

Replying To StopTheLights:  "Mayo are nothing if not consistent, I'll give you that. Mayo and Dublin are the two teams who give us exactly what we expect year in year out. Not the type of consistency I'd be drawing attention to."
Well Dublin's consistency is that of winning and winning in style, playing the game the right way. Mayo have a loosing final streak that is not pretty but more importantly a consistency of getting back up and keeping at it...never throwing in the towel. So your comment that it's a consistency you would not be drawing attention to is wrong. You haven't a clue.

yew_tree (National) - 26/02/2020 14:31:15

Club Championships - 12 Like(s)
Well done Corofin...a real footballing side. Pearce's very dirty. Hope Corofin go on and complete the 3 in a row.

yew_tree (National) - 24/11/2019 16:00:00

Brian Carthy - 12 Like(s)
RTE going down the tubes....bland and sterile. I don't agree with Brolly but like Dunphy you need someone to disagree with on tv. Brian Carty is an excellent commentator...sad to see him being axed. My guess is a new female commentator will be coming in down the line for "balance"

yew_tree (National) - 18/01/2020 16:17:49

Mayo V Galway - 12 Like(s)

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "'No one likes us and we don't care' you sound like the English soccer fans now Gleebo, you might ask yourself why no likes you? truth is the super 8's will be better with Mayo there, it's like the world cup finals in soccer, you want england there for the entertainment and hype but you don't want them to ever win it. imagine the bs we'd hear if they ever did? it's bad enough as it is,they are still talking about 1966, 1951 in Mayo's case."
Comparing us to England now...lord above you really are a bitter little person. Your very welcome to Castlebar by the way for the final super 8s game. and don't be afraid you won't be set upon or attacked by hooligans either.

yew_tree (National) - 07/07/2019 10:53:48

Mayo V Kerry - 12 Like(s)

Replying To westkerry:  "Big test for our young team. Hopefully we get a strong ref with eyes in the back of his head to deal with Keegan and OConnors antics."
Ye should put in a call for Cormac Reilly...or whoever reffed the 09 final when ye took out the Cork player...

yew_tree (National) - 07/07/2019 11:28:12

Kennelly Salutes Egoless Dubs - 12 Like(s)
I don't doubt Dublin are egoless, driven but also extremely talented. As Brian Coady said recently, who and self interest infects a dressing room and destroys it....but and I've seen this raised by commentators and fans said countless times....I'd hazard a guess most county teams (successful) ones are egoless...we all hear how great dublin players are with the homeless, the sick, visiting people in hospital and nursing homes.... It's great and they are a credit to themselves and their families BUT other county teams and players also do all of this. Brolly in his recent interview with Dion Fanning also touched on Dublin but also took a swipe at Mayo in this subject....I don't know why they feel the need to keep repeating this.

yew_tree (National) - 18/10/2019 16:50:32

Successful Teams In The Future - 12 Like(s)

Replying To Greenfield:  "That would have something to do with it. The 2018 v 2017 figures for Mayo would back that up. As far as I can find it was 1,542,647 spend in 2017, against 1,194,510 in 2018 when there was no All Ireland series involvement. However the Mayo 2018 spend was still way above others. For example, Cavan had a good league campaign in 2018 and exited the qualifiers at the same stage as Mayo, but their spend was only 688,140."
We also had an u20 team in an all Ireland final last year. A minor team in a semi final this year. All these expenses, travel, accommodation, food, all adds up. There are plenty of wealthy Cavan men, even Leitrim have wealthy ex pats in the US with deep pockets and fans who could donate. Counties need to organize instead of just blaming the dubs all the time.

yew_tree (National) - 03/09/2019 18:53:59

David Brady On Kerry And Fitzmaurice - 12 Like(s)
Look Brady is hard listen too...but I had too laugh at Eamonn Fitz complaining about dark arts..Kerry the masters for years. Fact is all the top teams live on and often cross that edge... Mayo were ridiculed for years as being soft and nice boys..."They are the type of fellas you'd live to see your daughter come home with"...was it Pat Spillane or Joe Brolly that said that? Kerry boys used to love us cause we used to roll over for them...them days are thankfully gone.

yew_tree (National) - 02/07/2019 22:09:24