National Forum

2024 NFL Division 4 Discussion thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

@Viking - nah, I'm sure the County Boards were sent a copy of the competition regulations before it started, in the same way that Wexford County Board would send clubs the regulations for our All County Leagues and club championships. They're just not online for ordinary folks like you or me of the couple of Leitrim lads here to find.

I know a few people who I'm sure would know, so will ask the next time I'm talking to one of them.

Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 2146 - 27/02/2024 09:18:57    2528544

Link

Replying To Pikeman96:  "@Viking - nah, I'm sure the County Boards were sent a copy of the competition regulations before it started, in the same way that Wexford County Board would send clubs the regulations for our All County Leagues and club championships. They're just not online for ordinary folks like you or me of the couple of Leitrim lads here to find.

I know a few people who I'm sure would know, so will ask the next time I'm talking to one of them."
CNO meeting tonight in the Park might try find out there if I think of it!

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 11211 - 27/02/2024 09:38:30    2528545

Link

I will say fair play to them for tidying up their rulebook and all and trying to modernise it a bit. And in this online day and age where information is key and can and should be available at the tap of a screen, it's hugely important. But particularly in this online day and age where information etc etc, you'd think those regulations would be sitting out somewhere for ordinary folks like us to look at and know what's happening and be able to get stuck into a proper discussion about the what-ifs of the rest of the campaign with full knowledge of just what the ins and outs of those what-ifs are.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 997 - 27/02/2024 20:51:51    2528731

Link

@Solo_Run - don't shoot the messenger, but your research was in vain, as that Wikipedia article is quoting from an old version of the Rule Book.

Not at all !!! Did say my quote was Wiki - far from definitive, but when you cant find on gaa.ie its hard to know what you can do

I was just figuring out what the rules are - agree with others, its ridiculous its still a mystery.

Solo_Run (Leitrim) - Posts: 202 - 27/02/2024 21:37:03    2528737

Link