National Forum

Attendances 2024

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KillingFields:  "Posters in train stations and a radio ad? Is that all you can come up with?"
A bit more substance than your one liners and Pavlov's Dog IRFU defenses :-)

BarneyGrant (Dublin) - Posts: 2414 - 26/02/2024 13:19:15    2528322

Link

Replying To BarneyGrant:  "A bit more substance than your one liners and Pavlov's Dog IRFU defenses :-)"
Pavlovs dog defense?
Do you actually know anything about the experiments pavlov did or his theory or did you just read about pavlov in Physiology 101?
And you cant comment about one liners with some of the nonsense you come up wih

KillingFields (Limerick) - Posts: 3450 - 26/02/2024 13:28:18    2528327

Link

Replying To KillingFields:  "Pavlovs dog defense?
Do you actually know anything about the experiments pavlov did or his theory or did you just read about pavlov in Physiology 101?
And you cant comment about one liners with some of the nonsense you come up wih"
I think it is quite clear who among us is the most erudite.

Your extreme sensitivity to any slight dissing of the rugger is your defining characteristic,

BarneyGrant (Dublin) - Posts: 2414 - 26/02/2024 13:32:50    2528328

Link

Replying To BarneyGrant:  "I think it is quite clear who among us is the most erudite.

Your extreme sensitivity to any slight dissing of the rugger is your defining characteristic,"
Are you gone off the fags Barney?

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 11211 - 26/02/2024 14:05:10    2528341

Link

Replying To KillingFields:  "Theres only 1 of the munster leinster games like that with players missing and it isnt players havign something better to do...
The top players gsme time is managed and they dont play all the games over christmas/new year period as they have irish camps for 6 nations and it isnt 2 2nd string...

What do you propose as altwrnative?"
I am not proposing any alternative. There is no need the IRFU have it sussed. No need to play the top players. The crowd will come anyway.

Both teams were almost always nailed on to qualify for the the quarter/semi finals so little at stake bar some bragging rights. League is more of late since the addition of SA teams alight.

I may have sounded dismissive of the rugby fixture there but I am actually highly complimentary. Sport has become very event orientated. The IRFU have been on to this for years. Munster v SA in Pairc Ui Caoimh, very few front liners again, great night though. Same Vs the Crusaders. Great promotion, get the kids in to see it. The template is there for the GAA.

I remember being at a Dublin Kerry league game in Killarney 20 years ago and the attendance was 3k. It is still just a league game these day, do either team even want to win the league? Probably not. Dublin v Kerry is a big event now despite of the GAA's in action. People are hungry for big name fixtures.

If the GAA had their media partners in RTE big it up with a few highlights of Con and Clifford they could have got 50k to that game.

dahayeser (Cork) - Posts: 329 - 26/02/2024 14:30:44    2528361

Link

Replying To dahayeser:  "I am not proposing any alternative. There is no need the IRFU have it sussed. No need to play the top players. The crowd will come anyway.

Both teams were almost always nailed on to qualify for the the quarter/semi finals so little at stake bar some bragging rights. League is more of late since the addition of SA teams alight.

I may have sounded dismissive of the rugby fixture there but I am actually highly complimentary. Sport has become very event orientated. The IRFU have been on to this for years. Munster v SA in Pairc Ui Caoimh, very few front liners again, great night though. Same Vs the Crusaders. Great promotion, get the kids in to see it. The template is there for the GAA.

I remember being at a Dublin Kerry league game in Killarney 20 years ago and the attendance was 3k. It is still just a league game these day, do either team even want to win the league? Probably not. Dublin v Kerry is a big event now despite of the GAA's in action. People are hungry for big name fixtures.

If the GAA had their media partners in RTE big it up with a few highlights of Con and Clifford they could have got 50k to that game."
Its not enough to have rte or anyone else in media just big up a dublin kerry or any other game.
You have to do more to change teams approaches to the league. Playing league off entirely before champoonship with little effect on championship jntil recently wont help promote it. People all too often still dismiss the league as "just the league"

KillingFields (Limerick) - Posts: 3450 - 26/02/2024 15:26:47    2528372

Link