National Forum

All Ireland Club Final, Kilmacud V Glen (Derry)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Even though Glen withdrew their appeal, the offence still happened and was not punished on the field and still Croke Park are refusing to impose any of the only actions open to them. Fools, they are making a rod for their own back. Later this year when they want to act on an unpunished offence they will be accused of bias.

IsMise (Tyrone) - Posts: 119 - 04/02/2023 19:33:53    2456433

Link

Replying To IsMise:  "Even though Glen withdrew their appeal, the offence still happened and was not punished on the field and still Croke Park are refusing to impose any of the only actions open to them. Fools, they are making a rod for their own back. Later this year when they want to act on an unpunished offence they will be accused of bias."
"and still Croke Park are refusing to impose any of the only actions open to them."
Give them a chance, Glen didn't announce they that they were withdrawing until last night.

Cockney_Cat (UK) - Posts: 2067 - 04/02/2023 20:26:11    2456450

Link

Replying To IsMise:  "Even though Glen withdrew their appeal, the offence still happened and was not punished on the field and still Croke Park are refusing to impose any of the only actions open to them. Fools, they are making a rod for their own back. Later this year when they want to act on an unpunished offence they will be accused of bias."
"The Central Competitions Control Committee decided on Tuesday morning to replay the game after it was agreed Crokes breached a rule by having more than 15 players on the field in second-half stoppage time."

I cannot understand what has happened. An appeal was lodged and acted upon by CCCC. From my experience an appeal/objection can be withdrawn by a club any time up until the decision is reached but not afterwards. The CCCC's decision should stand but this is a loophole to avoid enforcing a rule and will be welcomed by the hierarchy, Any straw.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 697 - 04/02/2023 20:33:07    2456455

Link

Replying To Jack L:  "The GAA did show leadership. They did not interfere (as they could not in any case). There is a process for dealing with these issues. The CCCC could not initiate the inquiry. An objection had to be raised to initiate process.

As i have said previously there are procedures in place for dealing with these incidents.

Matches are won and lost on the pitch and not in the boardroom. Congrats to KC on thrir success. Record books will show that they are All Ireland champions for the 2022/23 season. Glen gave it a good shout and will no doubt be back.

There was no need for this sorry saga over the past few weeks. Its over now TG.

Let's enjoy the season ahead"
Yes Kilmacud are AI champions and there will always be the AH BUT about that win, I dont agree matches are won or lost on the pitch, in this case a massive cock up was made by officals, but can i say Hard luck to Glen who carried themselves very well throughout Ulster and All iteland semi and final

germac (Down) - Posts: 446 - 04/02/2023 20:51:15    2456459

Link

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  ""and still Croke Park are refusing to impose any of the only actions open to them."
Give them a chance, Glen didn't announce they that they were withdrawing until last night."
"Give them a chance" ? The incident happened 2 weeks ago. The Glen decision to withdraw has no impact on the nature or timing of the Croke Park's decision.

Of course this decision will never be made.

IsMise (Tyrone) - Posts: 119 - 05/02/2023 08:48:41    2456487

Link