National Forum

Kildare GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To St.Conleth:  "Well done Naas. Deserving winners and great for the county to have different winner. Was at their last county final win as well , didn't expect them to wait so long :)
Might see a couple of new players on the kildare panel after today."
Congratulations to Naas - very well deserved. Kildare football needs a strong Naas team. They seemed to get a little bit jittery towards the end but came through it well and were much deserved winners.

There's a good profile in the team with experienced county men ably supported by excellent young players. I hope they can enjoy the celebrations but then knuckle down for a decent tilt at Leinster. I believe this year's Naas team is among the best club teams we've seen in Kildare.

brianb (Kildare) - Posts: 114 - 08/11/2021 14:01:14    2388769

Link

Replying To brianb:  "Congratulations to Naas - very well deserved. Kildare football needs a strong Naas team. They seemed to get a little bit jittery towards the end but came through it well and were much deserved winners.

There's a good profile in the team with experienced county men ably supported by excellent young players. I hope they can enjoy the celebrations but then knuckle down for a decent tilt at Leinster. I believe this year's Naas team is among the best club teams we've seen in Kildare."
well done to Naas, next up Rhode or Tullamore, interestining

naasmanxrhode (Offaly) - Posts: 41 - 08/11/2021 16:47:57    2388795

Link

Replying To naasmanxrhode:  "well done to Naas, next up Rhode or Tullamore, interestining"
I didn't make it to the game but by all accounts Naas were very lucky to come through and setup an interesting clash against Blessington. Its almost a derby game!

brianb (Kildare) - Posts: 114 - 22/11/2021 10:08:00    2390271

Link

Replying To brianb:  "I didn't make it to the game but by all accounts Naas were very lucky to come through and setup an interesting clash against Blessington. Its almost a derby game!"
You could say they were lucky but yet deserved the win. I was at it and thought it was a good game. Naas had about 5 goal chances and scored two. I thought they had about 60% possession. I really like the attacking play of Naas and hope they keep going to the final. I know absolutely nothing about Blessington but they certainly won't be easy at this stage. Looking forward to the next round

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1676 - 22/11/2021 18:19:12    2390373

Link