National Forum

Westmeath Intermediate Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To mintyfresh:  "Rochfortbridge to beat Miltownpass for me. They are on a better run and Miltownpass have been too inconsistent.

I have a sneaky feeling Milltown might have a performance in them against Castledaly and will sneak it."
Milltown looked to be on their way at half time last night . The introduction of Paddy Holloway just before half time to to a serious looking injury to no. 5 proved to be the difference . Castledaly when they got going in 2nd half looked a different class , outscoring milltown 2.09 to 1.02 . When Castledaly got their fast possesion /running game going , milltown had no answer . They meet Tang next in semi in good form and maybe slight favourites .

yellowboy (Westmeath) - Posts: 71 - 16/10/2021 12:45:10    2385821

Link

Replying To yellowboy:  "Milltown looked to be on their way at half time last night . The introduction of Paddy Holloway just before half time to to a serious looking injury to no. 5 proved to be the difference . Castledaly when they got going in 2nd half looked a different class , outscoring milltown 2.09 to 1.02 . When Castledaly got their fast possesion /running game going , milltown had no answer . They meet Tang next in semi in good form and maybe slight favourites ."
The result last night just confirms to me that the teams in the top group are to good for the teams in the lower group. The intermediate was always going to be between the top 4 teams, Tang Castledaly Malachys and Milltownpass. The local Derby factor will mean Milltownpass v Rochfortbridge will be tighter than it should be but I'd expect Milltownpass to have to much scoring power . I can see a Castledaly v Milltownpass final

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 137 - 16/10/2021 18:09:41    2385852

Link

Replying To yellowboy:  "Milltown looked to be on their way at half time last night . The introduction of Paddy Holloway just before half time to to a serious looking injury to no. 5 proved to be the difference . Castledaly when they got going in 2nd half looked a different class , outscoring milltown 2.09 to 1.02 . When Castledaly got their fast possesion /running game going , milltown had no answer . They meet Tang next in semi in good form and maybe slight favourites ."
Holloway was a huge addition when he came on. Milltown were impressive in the first half and were very good defensively, won a lot of the ball at midfield and got in for some good scores. The two goal chances they had in the first half in quick succession would have been huge for them if they went in but not to be. Castledaly will be worried about the first half performance but their big players stepped up when needed and that experience is key. Lorcan Dolan got on a lot of ball out the field to get moves going and Alan Stone was very commanding. That game will stand to them going into the semi final and you're right about them being slight favourites going in against Tang. It will be interesting how the four week break affects them in the semi final.

mintyfresh (Westmeath) - Posts: 91 - 17/10/2021 09:11:25    2385883

Link

Absorbing second quarter final earlier today. Milltownpass recovery from 7 points down after five mins will definitely benefit them when they face St. Malachy's in a fortnight. Huge crowd in attendance and it was a great local derby. Ian Keelan very impressive for the Bridge and they led from the opening minute until deep in injury time. Credit to Milltownpass who never panicked and Brandon Kelly's goal was crucial. The veteran Andy Devine was coolness personified in firing the winner. Finbarr Coyne, Gavin Glennon and Michael McCormack also excelled for the Pass. Interesting to see the top four teams in section A in both Senior and Intermediate in the semi finals.

Claretandblue (Westmeath) - Posts: 345 - 17/10/2021 19:03:04    2385946

Link

4 weeks is a long time without games for tang and malachys, this could be a big advantage for Castledaly and miltownpass. Castledalys first half would worry me I don't know if there squad is as strong as others either.
It's wide open, very difficult to call always were the top 4 teams and I think people called milltown the bridge, tubberclaier just in the next group.

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 44 - 17/10/2021 22:03:42    2385986

Link

Malachys vs Milltownpass
Tang vs Castledaly

Castleday Mpas final for me and Mpas to lose another final.

JohnyDuncan (UK) - Posts: 108 - 18/10/2021 11:07:58    2386030

Link