National Forum

All Things Galway Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To smallfrank:  "But the manager had also picked him wing back and wing forward I believe and he played centre back and midfield a couple of times under Walsh. I am possibly being harsh but he's 25 this year and a long time on the panel and hadn't at any stage nailed down a jersey. He has had too many injuries and doesn't seem as fit as say Sean Kelly or Heaney which is a surprise based on his time in Oz."
Lads, I just checked and this player has between league and championship started a massive "10" times for Galway. On his "2" championship starts first one in a very young midfield partnership along with Peter Cooke against Mayo, Aiden O'Shea/Donie Vaughan in Limerick and the other as a corner back marking Tommy Conroy. He didn't play for Galway in 2021.
The one year he had relatively free of injuries was in 2020 when he started nearly all of the league games. Hopefully he will stay injury free in 2022 and reach the potential that all of us thought he had/has.

hashtag2017 (Galway) - Posts: 128 - 19/01/2022 10:20:22    2395541

Link

Replying To hashtag2017:  "Lads, I just checked and this player has between league and championship started a massive "10" times for Galway. On his "2" championship starts first one in a very young midfield partnership along with Peter Cooke against Mayo, Aiden O'Shea/Donie Vaughan in Limerick and the other as a corner back marking Tommy Conroy. He didn't play for Galway in 2021.
The one year he had relatively free of injuries was in 2020 when he started nearly all of the league games. Hopefully he will stay injury free in 2022 and reach the potential that all of us thought he had/has."
This doesn't prove anything, I'm going on what I've seen at games.
2019, he was on his hunkers most of the game in Limerick absolutely gassed.
The league game against Dublin in Croker he was excellent but went off injured.
Last Friday he conceded 3 points to his man after 4 minutes gave the ball away a few times and was hooked at half time.

John Daly has started few games and has injury issues but is still very good any day I see him. Cathal Sweeney has started very few games but again came on the last day and scored 2 points.
Up to McDaid now I would say to push on.

smallfrank (Galway) - Posts: 26 - 19/01/2022 10:50:46    2395557

Link