National Forum

Wexford Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Lockerroomboy:  "Good chance after this weekend all wexford Town teams will be in a relegation battle,, could they all be relegated??"
I'd say Vols and Joey's are pretty much screwed after years of mis-management.

Sarsfields may be in trouble if there are two shocks in the prelims this weekend, but will probably do another Houdini act otherwise. I see Richie Lawlor is back playing for their juniors and is a good footballer too.

Of them all, Maudlintown look the most secure. See them beating Rosslare this weekend even without Spot Murphy and aside from Crossabeg, are as good as any of the contenders.

beano (Wexford) - Posts: 890 - 20/10/2021 10:58:14    2386387

Link

Replying To beano:  "I'd say Vols and Joey's are pretty much screwed after years of mis-management.

Sarsfields may be in trouble if there are two shocks in the prelims this weekend, but will probably do another Houdini act otherwise. I see Richie Lawlor is back playing for their juniors and is a good footballer too.

Of them all, Maudlintown look the most secure. See them beating Rosslare this weekend even without Spot Murphy and aside from Crossabeg, are as good as any of the contenders."
I'd see Maudlintown as a good bit better than 3 teams in Intermediate Preliminary QFs, a relegation for them would be a huge shock, in fairness to them they've really progressed as a club since leaving Pairc Garman, look to be a proper community effort. Nip and took for the Sarsfields regards relegation, heard this week they've the 2nd longest spell in Senior of any of the clubs i think after Castletown, I think 9 of the 13 Senior clubs this year have won an Intermediate since 2008. Hear Vols and Joeys are struggling badly for numbers this year.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3620 - 20/10/2021 11:32:04    2386395

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "I'd see Maudlintown as a good bit better than 3 teams in Intermediate Preliminary QFs, a relegation for them would be a huge shock, in fairness to them they've really progressed as a club since leaving Pairc Garman, look to be a proper community effort. Nip and took for the Sarsfields regards relegation, heard this week they've the 2nd longest spell in Senior of any of the clubs i think after Castletown, I think 9 of the 13 Senior clubs this year have won an Intermediate since 2008. Hear Vols and Joeys are struggling badly for numbers this year."
Were Maudlintown not just beaten at the weekend! But yeah they'll prob win Intermediate!

rossytilidie (Wexford) - Posts: 270 - 20/10/2021 15:09:35    2386463

Link

Replying To rossytilidie:  "Were Maudlintown not just beaten at the weekend! But yeah they'll prob win Intermediate!"
Cant see Maudlintown winning Intermediate tbh. Dont think they will be relegated either though.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3210 - 20/10/2021 15:35:24    2386473

Link

Replying To rossytilidie:  "Were Maudlintown not just beaten at the weekend! But yeah they'll prob win Intermediate!"
I never said they'll win Intermediate, I said they won't get relegated, big difference.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3620 - 20/10/2021 15:37:26    2386476

Link