National Forum

County Colours And Jersey Designs Now Adays

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Oneills have released retro jerseys for €50.

Bon (Kildare) - Posts: 1064 - 08/04/2021 10:31:26    2336256

Link

Is there a set amount/percent of sale that County boards get for O'Neill's or other merchandise sold by them and other companies like through Elverys or Lifestyle?

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 6002 - 08/04/2021 11:05:44    2336265

Link

Question some people here may know the answer to. In the old days had all GAA jerseys white collars?. Say for example since the time of colour photography the Meath or Longford jerseys I think have always had gold collars to match the gold in the county flags (or if not a collar at least a gold trim around the kneck). But was this the case back in the old days when GAA jerseys had 'rugby' style collars? (it's impossible to tell when looking at black and white photos)?.

bdbuddah (Meath) - Posts: 837 - 10/04/2021 12:16:50    2336710

Link

Bigger clubs in Dublin have their own O'Neills outlets and online stores. None of them sell Dublin Inter-County Apparel. County boards make money from merchandise, clubs same with own brands. It is quite lucrative especially for larger clubs with thousands of members.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4592 - 10/04/2021 13:33:00    2336722

Link

Replying To bdbuddah:  "Question some people here may know the answer to. In the old days had all GAA jerseys white collars?. Say for example since the time of colour photography the Meath or Longford jerseys I think have always had gold collars to match the gold in the county flags (or if not a collar at least a gold trim around the kneck). But was this the case back in the old days when GAA jerseys had 'rugby' style collars? (it's impossible to tell when looking at black and white photos)?."
I dont know the answer to be honest, your question though stoked the memory of teams have unusual coloured numbers on their jerseys...Laois had their traditional two blue hoops top and bottom with a white centre hoop and then a yellow number on the back which was fierce hard to see against the white hoop...Kilkenny had a black square for years with a white number, and when the black square was discontinued they just went with a white number for a few years, again a bit of an eyeful to see against the black and amber stripes...I think Laois might have went with a red number too in fairly recent times...

Fairplayalways (Offaly) - Posts: 593 - 11/04/2021 16:00:11    2336868

Link