Eoin Mulligans 2005 Goal Re -Visited.
(Oldest Posts First)
You need to Login to Post
|
Just looked at a reply of this. wonderful goal again. I slowed down the tape to half speed and counted the number of steps Mullian took -I am almost certain he took at least 11 steps from the time he gathered the ball in front of Christie until his solo. He ran forward , turned quickly and took out Paddy Christie before soloing. I still think it's the greatest goal ever scored in Croke Park but if we were to apply the rules rigorously it may not have counted. https://yo[url=]linkutu.be/O3G1bwD0ao0
avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 2090 - 02/07/2020 23:01:07
2282813
Link
4
|
|
Replying To avonali: "Just looked at a reply of this. wonderful goal again. I slowed down the tape to half speed and counted the number of steps Mullian took -I am almost certain he took at least 11 steps from the time he gathered the ball in front of Christie until his solo. He ran forward , turned quickly and took out Paddy Christie before soloing. I still think it's the greatest goal ever scored in Croke Park but if we were to apply the rules rigorously it may not have counted. https://yoAgreed.Mulligan did take alot of steps and maybe fouled but alot of the important scores down through the years could ve been dissallowed in hindsight but thats life.
CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 4243 - 03/07/2020 09:49:46
2282837
Link
0
|
|
The greatest goal ever hullaled
Oldyellar (Carlow) - Posts: 42 - 03/07/2020 10:04:01
2282838
Link
0
|
|
Great goal, I wouldn't be counting the steps at all.
It was pure magic, even at the time as a Dub all you could do was applaud what you'd seen.
There was certainly a feeling in the ground that we'd just been witness to a moment that we'd see again, and again and again.
MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13850 - 03/07/2020 11:22:00
2282854
Link
2
|
|
Great goal...one of those moments you can remember exactly where u were when he scored it.
yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 12282 - 03/07/2020 14:06:41
2282896
Link
2
|
|
Great Goal - roasted Paddy Christie
Glenman (Donegal) - Posts: 183 - 03/07/2020 15:46:21
2282926
Link
2
|
|
Replying To avonali: "Just looked at a reply of this. wonderful goal again. I slowed down the tape to half speed and counted the number of steps Mullian took -I am almost certain he took at least 11 steps from the time he gathered the ball in front of Christie until his solo. He ran forward , turned quickly and took out Paddy Christie before soloing. I still think it's the greatest goal ever scored in Croke Park but if we were to apply the rules rigorously it may not have counted. https://yoYou'll be handing back the 2011 all Ireland then. .
cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts: 5333 - 03/07/2020 21:21:47
2282963
Link
2
|
|
Replying To cavanman47: " Replying To avonali: "Just looked at a reply of this. wonderful goal again. I slowed down the tape to half speed and counted the number of steps Mullian took -I am almost certain he took at least 11 steps from the time he gathered the ball in front of Christie until his solo. He ran forward , turned quickly and took out Paddy Christie before soloing. I still think it's the greatest goal ever scored in Croke Park but if we were to apply the rules rigorously it may not have counted. https://yoYou'll be handing back the 2011 all Ireland then. ." WEll, why start at 2011?? plenty of goals in crucial All-Ireland Finals wouldn't have counted if the streps rule had been rigorously implemented.
avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 2090 - 03/07/2020 22:53:36
2282976
Link
2
|