Louth Forum

Popular Posts from Ollie2

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Irish History/GAA/General Knowledge - 12 Like(s)
Bobby Sands 39th anniversary was on last Tuesday week 5th of May. Not many people realise that Bobby was an Aston Villa supporter. On Saturday 2nd of May 1981 Aston Villa despite losing 2-0 at away to Arsenal clinched the league title on the last day of the season. It was their first league title in 71 years. Ironically 3 days later Bobby Sands died after being on Hunger Strike for 66 days.

Ollie2 (National) - 13/05/2020 20:04:42

Irish History/GAA/General Knowledge - 6 Like(s)

Replying To catch22:  "Change your name and change your hair. Sounds like a midlife job. Did ya buy the sports car or are ya broke now ?"
No my name is still the same. Did not buy a sports car but I bagged myself a nice little busty blonde that's in her twenties.

Ollie2 (National) - 14/05/2020 20:38:35

Irish History/GAA/General Knowledge - 5 Like(s)

Replying To catch22:  "Have you had a personality transplant since you lost your password ?"
No but I had a hair transplant if that helps you Catch 22.

Ollie2 (National) - 13/05/2020 22:43:48

Sean Boylan Vs Jim Gavin - Who Is The Greatest? - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Well Dr Zhivago, il address a couple of the points you made here, Number 1 in nearly every sport in the world you will see the team that's travelling to play another team on their home patch adapt a defensive setup ( to try and quiten the home fans and get in the heads of the opposition) and then they play a counter attacking game, you would know this if ye ever had to go and play a meaningful game outside of Croker (and I don't mean a 1st round leinster or dead rubber super 8 game) how easy was it for Jim gavin knowing this and being able to plan accordingly. Number 2 you say there hasn't been a more creative or attacking team then dublin, well you've shown yourself up there with that comment typical of a fan who only started following the game in 2011, all dublins games look the very same they all melt into 1. You yourself didn't remember jonny Cooper and Kilkenny being on the dublin team in in 2012 you said that yourself only a page back and you had to be correct by a couple of your own posters I was scarlett for you."
KingdomBoy I bet you were not complaining that the Dubs were playing their matches in Croker when they won One All Ireland between 1984 and 2010.

Ollie2 (National) - 22/05/2020 21:31:47

Irish History/GAA/General Knowledge - 4 Like(s)

Replying To lionofludesch:  "I bet you're regretting that now. There's some bad haircuts around these days."
Not at all Lionofludesch. I never felt better.

Ollie2 (National) - 14/05/2020 14:12:25

When Your Team Is Out Who Do You Most Root For? - 3 Like(s)
I always have a soft spot for Kildare. After that any of the Ulster counties especially Monaghan, Armagh and Down.

Ollie2 (National) - 19/07/2020 21:14:31

Should The Rebel Flag Be Banned At Cork Matches? - 3 Like(s)
I'm up for banning the butchers apron alright. It's a horrible site anywhere especially on Irish soil.

Ollie2 (National) - 14/06/2020 12:09:39

A Nice Chat About Fans/Flags Etc - 3 Like(s)
2008 All Ireland Football Final. Kerry were going for a three in a row. Tyrone fans had a flag which said Ulster says no to a three in a row.

Ollie2 (National) - 14/06/2020 12:11:33

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Fionn:  "Sorry, Ollie... The ref was so bloody wrong that day.... Didnt even ask the umpires for their view - just told him to raise the green flag... 10yrs on and the hurt is still there for Louth fans and players. Definitely not a Leinster title I would still be going on about and celebrating, if I was a Meath fan... ;o) It was the aftermath of this game, I think, that was the end of fans allowed onto the pitch to celebrate a victory. I am sure to be corrected if I am wrong on that."
Fionn even though it was ten years ago it is still a bitter pill to swallow. What that win would of doing for the whole county of Louth would of been unreal.

Ollie2 (National) - 16/11/2020 19:44:30

Speedy Recovery Graham Geraghty - 3 Like(s)
Best wishes to Graham Geraghty. A warrior on the pitch. An even bigger one off it.

Ollie2 (National) - 29/10/2020 21:52:48

Championship Predictions - 2 Like(s)
Dubs, Kerry, Galway, Donegal and Kerry to win Sam.

Ollie2 (National) - 02/07/2020 19:40:33

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 2 Like(s)
If Meath have any any chance today they need to recall back Throw Sherdian to the squad to score a few tries. All jokes aside hopefully Meath can put it up to the Dubs and we have a decent game of football. RIP to the 14 innocent souls who were murdered on this day 100 years ago by the forces of the crown.

Ollie2 (National) - 21/11/2020 13:08:23

Sunday Game Football Team - 2 Like(s)

Replying To mick2007:  "yes I stand by what I said rooney was totally over hyped and over rated when compared to the rue greats of the game..the English media tried to make people believe that rooney was one of the best strikers ever to play the game.. did he ever even score a goal at a world cup or a euro championship.. at 31 man utd let him go and he went to play in the retirement home of the MLS in America.. at 31 he should have still been in his prime.. im sure a lot of people would agree with me on this one"
You can stand by what you said. It does not mean you are right. Rooney scored at Euro 2004 and 2016 and the World Cup in 2014.

Ollie2 (National) - 22/05/2020 14:16:21

Irish History/GAA/General Knowledge - 2 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Back home in Derry is a brilliant song Ollie we always sing it in sing songs down the local during lockins. But I heard the tune is borrowed from another song I think it's called the wreck of the Edmund fitzgerald but not 100%,"
You will find that with a lot of Irish tunes KingdomBoy that they are borrowed from another tune. It's a great tune alright.

Ollie2 (National) - 17/05/2020 15:31:41

Sean Boyan Documentary Thursday 6Th August At 10.10Pm On RTÉ One - 2 Like(s)
I really enjoyed the documentary and what a man Sean Boylan is. He truly is a legend and a gentleman.

Ollie2 (Meath) - 09/08/2020 11:31:47

Replying To Young_gael:  "Ok Ollie, lets have it your way so. I did expressly point out that I tend to like your posts and I find them insightful, but on this occasion I did not. I essentially told you that I wasn't going on a rant but if you're looking to roll in the gutter with people who apply a critical opinion to your posts, then there's no way I can stop you or tell you that you're misguided for taking that tone. Go ahead and join the reams of folks on this forum who are like that. Its not a case of different strokes for different folks* either, for example a lot of people have admiration for Abraham Lincoln, but by your logic that means that we all should care that he supported, for argument's sake, Accrington Stanley, who won such and such a game the day he died! Wow, what coincidence! It isn't a case of different strokes for different folks, its nonsensical that in a forum based around the culture and ideas of the GAA that such a fact should be consequential. Bobby will not be remembered for supporting simultaneously supporting Aston Villa whilst being a republican champion to thousands, millions even. That was my meaning of irony. Perhaps it was lost on you and you just wanted the row."
Young_Gael you are the one that had a go at me. I would never start a row. It's not in me. My whole point is that not a lot of people knew that Bobby Sands was an Aston Villa. And after 71 years when they finally win the league, he dies 3 days later. I think it's lost on your good self.

Ollie2 (National) - 15/05/2020 19:03:29

Most Tactical Sport: Football Or Hurling Or Rugby? - 2 Like(s)

Replying To lionofludesch:  "Not a sport."
Once you sink the pink it's a sport to me Lionofludesch.

Ollie2 (National) - 20/05/2020 14:18:48

Best Game Ever? - 2 Like(s)
1957 All Ireland Final.

Ollie2 (National) - 19/04/2020 17:50:02

El Clasico 2020 Monaghan Vs Cavan - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Young_gael:  "I have to take exception. A bad day for Monaghan and unfortunate that it spoilt your birthday. I cant imagine many will join you in wishing Banty to stay on. But why some people can't or won't get behind the national rugby team I'll never understand. I have my suspicions, but ill keep them to myself."
Young_Gael I don't mind rugby myself but I can see why a lot of people don't like it. Rugby was always associated with the upper class especially around Dublin 4 area. It became really popular during the Celtic times especially at the provinces matches. Also that Irelands Call is a piece of crap.

Ollie2 (National) - 31/10/2020 17:34:43

There is a great picture of Tom Barry's wedding photo with guest's such as Michael Collins, Eamon De Valera, Harry Bolland, Emmet Dalton and Countess Markieviez in the photo. Michael Collins head is lowered in it as he suspects the photographer was an informer. The date that this was taking was on the 22nd of August 1921. What is so significant about this date that exactly a year later to the day, Michael Collins was assassinated at Beal na Blath.

Ollie2 (National) - 01/06/2020 19:04:49