Fermanagh Forum

Popular Posts from gaalltheway

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

New Fermanagh Manager - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Molaise:  "The idea of Dom taking over makes no sense whats so ever!!! I'm told however that he not the number one choice of the players. They are reported to have handed a list of three men to the county chairman and Dom their third choice!"
Sorry sir or madam you are talking rubbish. No such instructions were either given or would they be followed by the county board. The recruitment process doesn't work that way as it has to follow GAA protocol guidance. It was disappointing that Pete McGrath has chosen to use his privileged position to reveal details of private discussions in respect the concerns of the majority of our county players. I hope his decision will not come back to haunt him as it may make any prospective county board or club wary of him given his insensitive reaction. At this stage, not one of the Fermanagh players have broken rank and I have great admiration for their reserved position. Media outlets may use the crisis to feed the thirst of their followers but the Fermanagh people are much more resilient and will rise about this current cheap publicity. The Fermanagh team should be cherished and respected and into the future under a new manager they will move on and hopefully achieve greater success and maybe a much sought after Ulster Championship title.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - 19/07/2017 10:31:46

New Fermanagh Manager - 4 Like(s)
Pete McGrath reveals his reasons for shock Fermanagh departure: > Player unrest reached a level where he simply could not continue as manager > He didn't allow players to stay in a comfort zone > At different times players weren't allowing management to stay in a comfort zone > The issues that were mentioned to him were not major issues, and in fact in his view in some cases they were non-issues > He felt there was great trust The problem with Pete was he was out of touch with the players and if he had been in touch, then he wouldn't be in the embarrassing position of doing a U turn. Time to move on and look for someone, maybe Dom Corrigan or his like, to take charge.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - 16/07/2017 23:09:01

Dr Mckenna Cup 2020 - 1 Like(s)
Not a good start for Fermanagh with no sense of enthusiasm from the players. Front line needs to improve if they are to make headway in the league to avoid a relegation path. Early days yet. I would guess macca999 will be gloating as he was sceptical of the new management suggesting the county get only what they pay for but hopefully he will be proved wrong again!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - 29/12/2019 18:05:40

JP Mcmanus Donates - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Allaboutclub:  "Fermanagh's 22 clubs will benefit the most, receiving €4545 each"
My calculation based on conversion to sterling means that each of the Fermanagh 22 clubs will receive £4,055.58. Although. beneficial it is a small contribution in terms of running costs of clubs such as Enniskillen Gaels. Maybe the likes of Knocks and Lisbellaw hurling clubs would gain the most from such a donation. Aughdrumsee Belcoo Belnaleck Brookeboro Coa Derrygonnelly Derrylin Devenish Donagh Ederney Enniskillen Erne Gaels Irvinestown Kinawley Knocks Lisbellaw Lisnaskea Maguiresbridge Newtownbutler Roslea Teemore Tempo

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - 26/09/2018 13:08:41

Fermanagh Club Championship 2018 - 1 Like(s)
Point one - Ederney were weak in defence in the SFC semi final's 2nd half otherwise a trailing Belleek wouldn't have penetrated such a defence to level up the game. Facts speak for themselves, not spin! Point two - On the matter of indiscipline on the field, have the GAA officials a legal requirement to do more to control the situation rather than be observers? It would be interesting to see if legally tested how the GAA manage such incidents.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - 18/09/2018 10:43:11