Wicklow Forum

U20 Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I presume its a home draw for Wicklow, considering its a knock out competition.

61123 (Wicklow) - Posts: 110 - 29/11/2019 11:28:50    2252074

Link

As expected the group team Kilavenney won easily yesterday. A poor game. Greystones deserve credit for battling all the way. Some harsh calls on them at big moments in the game too. The pick of 5 clubs playing 1 club is crazy. Something for everyone to learn from.

heavyheart19 (Wicklow) - Posts: 48 - 02/12/2019 14:35:08    2252712

Link

Replying To heavyheart19:  "As expected the group team Kilavenney won easily yesterday. A poor game. Greystones deserve credit for battling all the way. Some harsh calls on them at big moments in the game too. The pick of 5 clubs playing 1 club is crazy. Something for everyone to learn from."
One would think a lesson would be learned. I'm almost certain it won't!

Bridalceoil (Wicklow) - Posts: 109 - 02/12/2019 15:14:50    2252723

Link

Lets hope that what seems like an obvious problem can be addressed and rectified in advance of a championship at this level in 2020.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1092 - 02/12/2019 15:31:32    2252726

Link

I think it would be unfair to issue credit solely to one team. Let us not forget the population of Greystones is fairly close to 20,000.

Dreamer (Wicklow) - Posts: 28 - 02/12/2019 18:49:59    2252758

Link

I think it would be unfair to issue credit solely to one team. Let us not forget the population of Greystones is fairly close to 20,000.

Dreamer (Wicklow) - Posts: 28 - 02/12/2019 18:58:24    2252760

Link

Replying To Dreamer:  "I think it would be unfair to issue credit solely to one team. Let us not forget the population of Greystones is fairly close to 20,000."
Change the record DREAMER. Send on that cup you had for the club winners too. Tinahely deserve it for having such a large helping of their own fine young players on the group team. You are confusing everybody with your posts.

heavyheart19 (Wicklow) - Posts: 48 - 02/12/2019 21:42:47    2252813

Link

Replying To heavyheart19:  "Change the record DREAMER. Send on that cup you had for the club winners too. Tinahely deserve it for having such a large helping of their own fine young players on the group team. You are confusing everybody with your posts."
Maybe that's the idea. Is Dreamer a plant by the status quo ?. Seems remarkably comfortable with the current set up. All we need is faith - and luv probably - and all will be rosy. Be winning Leinsters shortly with lots of faith and positivity. Love that word. Positivity. Sorry to appear flippant Dreamer, it's just that I have seen it all before, many times. Back in the day I was you, chastising all and sundry for being negative. See where that got me. There is only one constant in this county. No prizes for guessing what it is. Action is badly required from the clubs. Like I said previously, I await the upcoming convention with interest. And by the way, I am fully behind Davy Burke, and Kevin O'Brien and for that matter the current senior panel. Any shortcomings are absolutely not in any way the fault of the players - unless any of those who won't make themselves for selection.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 223 - 02/12/2019 22:21:02    2252822

Link

As another year draws to a close, I think there are grounds for optimism. I think the appointment of Davy Burke at senior level and Kevin O'Brien at u20 level are two good appointments; managers that will help us get on the right foot. I would be concerned (as I have outlined for the last number of years) about the standard of club football in the county. OK, Dunalvin got to the semi final of the leinster intermediate championship and st. pats were unlucky to lose to portlaoise in the senior but overall the standard of players in the county at club level is average. The basic skills are below what I have seen in other counties as is the conditioning of some of the players. Gaelic football is largely about strength, speed and skills in moving the ball to designated shooters, I don't think the players in the county are near that level at the moment. I don't expect much to change at congress. I believe it will be much the same. After all, we resist change and moving with the times hugely in the county which is probably our biggest problem; people wanting to maintain the status quo and resisting badly needed change. Anyway, there are two O'Byrne cup games for the senior footballers before christmas; will be interesting to see the makeup of the team.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1092 - 03/12/2019 08:12:46    2252857

Link