Wicklow Forum

New Football Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Agree with a lot of the points here. Free taker is a must at this level. Is Seanie Furlong supposed to be coming back this year? To be fair he would definitely sort the majority of frees on that side. Would provide experience to a team with lots of promising young talent too. I thought Cian O'Sullivan did very well when he came on. Both goals were avoidable but it's only day one and I'm sure they will learn from that.

Dreamer (Wicklow) - Posts: 28 - 11/12/2019 11:04:34    2254261

Link

I didn't see the game against Carlow but looking at the scoreline, eight points won't win many games any time of year. That is roughly one point every eight minutes. Forward play has been a problem in recent years, I think out top scorer in last years league was mark jackson, our keeper, that says it all. I agree there is some talent in this area so hopefully davy can develop and integrate some of these players. I agree cian o'Sullivan is a bit small and light for this level but with some way may develop. It is going to take some time, another good test at the weekend against kildare. Working towards the league and challenging for promotion.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1092 - 11/12/2019 14:03:23    2254293

Link