Westmeath Forum

Club Championships - Football 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To upyabhoy:  "
Replying To kevinno.8:  "SFC G1
Tyrellspass V Athlone - Athlone +5 (Without Egan + Gonoud will struggle this year)

Shamrocks V Garrycastle - Draw (Should be the game of the weekend IMO, GCastle have momentum but Shamrock will want to prove last year wasn't a fluke, terrible away jersey out of Shamrocks, BLUE??)

St.Lomans V The Downs - St Lomans + 2 (Should have enough, however, wouldn't be surprised if The Downs run them close)

SFC G2
Kinnegad V Killucan - (Kinnegad won last night +11)

Shandonagh V Castledaly - Shandonagh +5 ("The time is now for Shandonagh", however, we've read that before!)

St.Marys V Rosemount - Rosemount +3 (Hard to see anything but a win for Rosemount after strong league, but the Bridge can and have surprised in the past)

IFC G1
Milltownpass V Milltown - Milltownpass + 2 (Should be a great game, Milltownpass are a very strong inter team and will look to go one step further than last year)

Caulry V Moate - Caulry +1 (Haven't a clue, Caurly to shade it?)

Tang V Maryland - Tang + 10 (Tang should beat them of the field! Hold Martin and McCormack and Tang should cruise)

IFC G2
Kilbeggan V St.Malachys - (St Malachys won last night +7)

Multyfarnham V Tubberclare - (Multy won last night +10)

Bunbrosna V Ballymore - Bun +2 (This game should suit Bun)"
Fairly off with the predictions there Kevinno.8"
Where were your predictions?

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 15/07/2019 13:34:58    2211346

Link

Replying To iarmhi_an_mhaith:  "I heard some people saying that too, although I don't remember him being sent off vs Lomans. Greene and Heneghan were both sent off though, and they were both suspended last night. Garrycastle looked impressive regardless."
Yeah they looked very good. Always looked like winning the game, which is more impressive when you consider that they got eaten alive on kickouts. Would not be surprised to see them taking 10 point from 10 in the group stages. After that it's harder to call as other teams could start to peak at the right time, like Shamrocks did last year.

jamsie (Westmeath) - Posts: 234 - 15/07/2019 14:04:17    2211363

Link

Replying To upyabhoy:  "
Replying To kevinno.8:  "SFC G1
Tyrellspass V Athlone - Athlone +5 (Without Egan + Gonoud will struggle this year)

Shamrocks V Garrycastle - Draw (Should be the game of the weekend IMO, GCastle have momentum but Shamrock will want to prove last year wasn't a fluke, terrible away jersey out of Shamrocks, BLUE??)

St.Lomans V The Downs - St Lomans + 2 (Should have enough, however, wouldn't be surprised if The Downs run them close)

SFC G2
Kinnegad V Killucan - (Kinnegad won last night +11)

Shandonagh V Castledaly - Shandonagh +5 ("The time is now for Shandonagh", however, we've read that before!)

St.Marys V Rosemount - Rosemount +3 (Hard to see anything but a win for Rosemount after strong league, but the Bridge can and have surprised in the past)

IFC G1
Milltownpass V Milltown - Milltownpass + 2 (Should be a great game, Milltownpass are a very strong inter team and will look to go one step further than last year)

Caulry V Moate - Caulry +1 (Haven't a clue, Caurly to shade it?)

Tang V Maryland - Tang + 10 (Tang should beat them of the field! Hold Martin and McCormack and Tang should cruise)

IFC G2
Kilbeggan V St.Malachys - (St Malachys won last night +7)

Multyfarnham V Tubberclare - (Multy won last night +10)

Bunbrosna V Ballymore - Bun +2 (This game should suit Bun)"
Fairly off with the predictions there Kevinno.8"
In fairness he was the first to point out his own pitfalls.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to their opinions without anyone else belittling them.

Ferrett (Westmeath) - Posts: 45 - 15/07/2019 14:25:34    2211374

Link

Replying To Vemo:  "Good to see the junior getting some coverage"
Just start a new thread for junior football without having the need to leave petty comments

(nothing against junior championship - some interesting results, just sick of the negativity on this forum)

Ferrett (Westmeath) - Posts: 45 - 15/07/2019 14:29:15    2211375

Link

Replying To Ferrett:  "Just start a new thread for junior football without having the need to leave petty comments

(nothing against junior championship - some interesting results, just sick of the negativity on this forum)"
Is Luke Loughlin playing for his club ?

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 477 - 15/07/2019 15:04:06    2211395

Link

Just wondering what is the panic in playing the 2nd round games midweek on the 23rd 24th July. Very hard on players working and also dual players. Think it would have been ok to have midweek games towards the shake up of championship.

nearlymadeit (Westmeath) - Posts: 66 - 15/07/2019 17:06:02    2211463

Link

Replying To nearlymadeit:  "Just wondering what is the panic in playing the 2nd round games midweek on the 23rd 24th July. Very hard on players working and also dual players. Think it would have been ok to have midweek games towards the shake up of championship."
It's crazy really. Lads shouldn't have to take a half day from work to partake in an amateur sport. 6.45pm throw ins when you're working in Dublin is just not on. Midweek games at 1/4 final stage if needed would be preferable as you could have them in floodlit pitches Kinnegad, Lomans, Tubberclair and Athlone and have throw in at 8pm. But only if they were really stuck.

Andy_Capp (Westmeath) - Posts: 248 - 15/07/2019 18:06:40    2211497

Link

Replying To martyW:  "few surprises this weekend with wins for Maryland and Moate the biggest surprise results for me. Great wins for them over 2 of the favourites. Milltown looking good and continuing their good form in that group.

Most the senior games went as expected with the margin of victory in some games the most surprising. Great results for Tyrellspass and Shandonagh especially while I was surprised how easily Garrycastle won with Dessie sitting up in Croker while they were playing, strange I thought but dont think its the first time he's picked RTE over the club.

On initial viewing it looks like Athlone and The Downs to finish in bottom 2 of group with 2 from Rosemount, Shandonagh or Kinnegad to go up from group 2"
was in cusack saturday; marvelous conditions for both games. Shandonagh were impressive in their first outing at senior championship level; midfield and full forward line very impressive; the 2 boyle brothers, coyne with scully in midfield dominating. thought the lomans/downs game would be a lot tighter; had to pinch myself again the fact john i mahony is involved with the downs ( has his work cut out for him); loughlin carrying that team. still, i would imagine o mahony will bring his mojo so woukd not right off the downs yet

Rossieruan (Westmeath) - Posts: 72 - 15/07/2019 18:57:57    2211533

Link

Replying To Temple56:  "I heard at the game on Saturday night that Dessie was suspended for the 1st round after picking up a red card after the semi final last year against St.Lomans"
You heard right Temple56. Dessie was not eligible to play on Saturday. I'm not sure what MartyW is on about when he implies that Dessie has previously put RTE before his club. The only games Dessie has ever missed with his club was when he has been injured, and he is now in his 22nd year playing senior championship with Garrycastle.

midlands (Westmeath) - Posts: 38 - 15/07/2019 20:54:01    2211598

Link

Replying To Rossieruan:  "was in cusack saturday; marvelous conditions for both games. Shandonagh were impressive in their first outing at senior championship level; midfield and full forward line very impressive; the 2 boyle brothers, coyne with scully in midfield dominating. thought the lomans/downs game would be a lot tighter; had to pinch myself again the fact john i mahony is involved with the downs ( has his work cut out for him); loughlin carrying that team. still, i would imagine o mahony will bring his mojo so woukd not right off the downs yet"
Glad to see Loughlin was playing. Great to watch.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 477 - 15/07/2019 21:57:01    2211637

Link

Replying To midlands:  "You heard right Temple56. Dessie was not eligible to play on Saturday. I'm not sure what MartyW is on about when he implies that Dessie has previously put RTE before his club. The only games Dessie has ever missed with his club was when he has been injured, and he is now in his 22nd year playing senior championship with Garrycastle."
Well said and even if he did choose RTE He would be well entitled to. He is 40 and owes noting to his club. I'd only be sour about such a think if I was jealous. Fair play. Also not surprised t pass won they are and have always been a championship team.

Paddyfla19 (Westmeath) - Posts: 104 - 15/07/2019 23:00:14    2211674

Link