Westmeath Forum

Intermediate Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To kevinno.8:  "Shandonagh are clear favourites and rightly so with what they have achieved in this championship. However, anything can happen on county final day. St. Marys are similar to Shan in many ways and have impressed with wins against Malachys, Tang and in the replay against Bun. Two young teams. It will go down to who handles the pressure better on the day as it is a relatively new situation for both sets of players."
Finals are there to be won!!

kevinno.8 (Meath) - Posts: 23 - 24/10/2017 10:01:53    2057448

Link

Replying To JohnyDuncan:  "Shandonagh's too loose!"
you were right, Shandonagh were too loose! The marking was terrible.

stonemadbeany (USA) - Posts: 375 - 25/10/2017 11:05:16    2057790

Link

Wow the CB and fixtures committee just might and i mean might get some credit.
First year ever i have seen the hardest working best teams get to the finals and the teams that have bad management and structures get relegated. my point is the junior final 2 best teams get too final and after a second go at it the underdog but the best prepared and best managed won. Inter the 2 best teams got to final the team that was best managed but underdog won. Senior the 2 best teams in the final so lets see who is the best prepared. Relegation inter Finea were badly organised badly managed even though they have the players you dont put it in you dont get good management you get nothing. Senior Caulry have the players to get out of the group and still found themselves in relegation because of bad management bad set up.
So for the first year the structure brought the best and the worst out and its great that if you get good management and right attitude you will get what you deserve as multi and Rochfortbridge showed.
Keep this format its a very good system.

Paulknows (Westmeath) - Posts: 114 - 25/10/2017 12:51:37    2057840

Link

Replying To Paulknows:  "Wow the CB and fixtures committee just might and i mean might get some credit.
First year ever i have seen the hardest working best teams get to the finals and the teams that have bad management and structures get relegated. my point is the junior final 2 best teams get too final and after a second go at it the underdog but the best prepared and best managed won. Inter the 2 best teams got to final the team that was best managed but underdog won. Senior the 2 best teams in the final so lets see who is the best prepared. Relegation inter Finea were badly organised badly managed even though they have the players you dont put it in you dont get good management you get nothing. Senior Caulry have the players to get out of the group and still found themselves in relegation because of bad management bad set up.
So for the first year the structure brought the best and the worst out and its great that if you get good management and right attitude you will get what you deserve as multi and Rochfortbridge showed.
Keep this format its a very good system."
Have to agree best championship in many many years even though the football hasn't been magic at least the best teams came good.

Djkray (Dublin) - Posts: 152 - 25/10/2017 14:55:41    2057894

Link

Replying To Paulknows:  "Wow the CB and fixtures committee just might and i mean might get some credit.
So you are saying that the caulry and finea management are not up to it ?

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 95 - 26/10/2017 19:02:06    2058316

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "So you are saying that the caulry and finea management are not up to it ?"
Well I actually was making the point that this years format brought the best and worst out in Teams. Yes I believe Caulry are better than that and finea the same. So either management were poor or the players didnt put it in but either way the team who is least organised or badly presented or set up go down. The most organised which is management's job are the ones that reach the top. That in my oppinion are the facts. I am not a blame the manager every time kind of person but with relegation you get plenty of chances to survive and if you dont there is something wrong and who does that come down too.

Paulknows (Westmeath) - Posts: 114 - 26/10/2017 19:28:57    2058326

Link

Replying To Paulknows:  "Well I actually was making the point that this years format brought the best and worst out in Teams. Yes I believe Caulry are better than that and finea the same. So either management were poor or the players didnt put it in but either way the team who is least organised or badly presented or set up go down. The most organised which is management's job are the ones that reach the top. That in my oppinion are the facts. I am not a blame the manager every time kind of person but with relegation you get plenty of chances to survive and if you dont there is something wrong and who does that come down too."
Bit harsh a lot has to come down to the players , finea for example didn't bother after winning the junior , caulry were very close in all games

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 95 - 26/10/2017 20:34:35    2058362

Link

You've got to be kidding me? You're actually Guna blame management for every team that gets relegated at any level? Caulry were always Guna struggle at senior this year with a lot of players away and a good few big players injured. Gordon McDonnell has been involved with county u21 panel for the last few years and is meant to be very good. Finea from the two games I went to this year had 16 and 18 togged out for them,and when I asked a supporter the second day why the low numbers he said they were getting 7/8 at training all year..Plus Finea has three hurling clubs in the area and after winning a championship last year the majority of lads seemed to throw the lot in with the hurlers this year..
While saying that I do agree that Ian Bradley has done fantastic work with R'bridge Over the last three years

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 30 - 26/10/2017 21:57:42    2058402

Link

Replying To Paulknows:  "Well I actually was making the point that this years format brought the best and worst out in Teams. Yes I believe Caulry are better than that and finea the same. So either management were poor or the players didnt put it in but either way the team who is least organised or badly presented or set up go down. The most organised which is management's job are the ones that reach the top. That in my oppinion are the facts. I am not a blame the manager every time kind of person but with relegation you get plenty of chances to survive and if you dont there is something wrong and who does that come down too."
But what has all that got to do with the CB and fixtures? The best teams will generally got to the final and the weakest get's relegated.

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 27/10/2017 10:13:38    2058493

Link

Replying To Meridian:  "But what has all that got to do with the CB and fixtures? The best teams will generally got to the final and the weakest get's relegated."
I think there is a confusion here between the best teams and the best managers ,Luke Dempsey has a great managerial cv but apart from his great work with westmeath most of the clubs he has been with would be expected to win a county title,the same for example alan mangan at tyrellspass it is difficult to gage if he is any good or not because a team with ger egan,jamie gonoud ,the glennons and so on would be at least expected to get to a semi final minimum every year,how would these managers do with finea or caulry.There is also the other side of the coin where good management teams can push a team above where they realistically are and this is a better gage for management teams,tyrellspass and lomans getting to a final is not really down to great management.

footiemad (Westmeath) - Posts: 733 - 27/10/2017 11:21:28    2058516

Link

Best of luck to st marys in the semi final of leinster in wexford today

Mattyreilly (Westmeath) - Posts: 88 - 11/11/2017 09:38:00    2061696

Link