Tipperary Forum

Kilkenny tactics

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Kilkenny are way ahead.............FULL STOP

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1533 - 06/09/2011 20:54:29    1028705

Link

Sammythebull I think your being very disrespectful towards tipp we played poor on Sunday that's it,I would'nt go writing us off just yet.

Tipperary Abu 2012!

Premiermad (Tipperary) - Posts: 16 - 07/09/2011 08:49:15    1028824

Link

I was disappointed with Tipp last Sunday,they didn't seem as 'up' for it as KK and their first touch was off.It took Tipp almost 16 minutes to score while the Cats scored 5 in that time boosting their confidence as they went along.Tipp were playing catch-up for the rest of the game and could never get back on terms.I thought KK did look tired at the end.If Tommy Walsh was sent off ( as he should have been) who knows what way it would have gone.
Don't mind Sammy lads hes just winding ye.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3039 - 07/09/2011 09:57:58    1028870

Link

from looking at the game last sunday i thought a few mistakes made by management.leaving john o keeffee on sheflin,the taking off of shane mc grath and conor o mahony,couldn,t figure these out.on the day possibly kelly should have been replaced.i know ye only lost by 4 pints and didn,t play well but maybe management paniced.i was hoping ye,d win.it really puts us here miles behind both counties.

hectork (Limerick) - Posts: 1049 - 08/09/2011 15:15:41    1029932

Link

lads kilkenny hit ye like a train head on kelly and corbett never got going. a class show by kilkenny of guts and determination from the throw in.

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 08/09/2011 17:23:00    1030076

Link

yes, a disappointing result all round. While Management state that they were fit, I am sure they were fit but I have heard a few people saying that the training lacked the intensity of last year. If that is the trend going forward, then we may be looking at a team where time will pass them by without any more AI honours, which is even a bigger concern, considering (apart from last years U21 title) Tipp have not produced any serious minor teams since the 2-in-a-row.

Another disappointing aspect is the the turn-out for the home-coming, which I felt was embarrasing for the team and for the county in general. I am living outside Tipp and have a lot of people expressing disappointment about the fact that the fans would turn out en-force when we got the victory but seemed to abandon them for when they lost, which is when the team needs the most support.

A final issue for me is the fact that while a number of players did not turn up on the day, I felt the backs should have gotten more credit for the work they put in. when mid-field and the forwards were not playing (except for Bonner and O'Brien), it meant that the backs were always under severe pressure for the whole 70 minutes. Everyone is saying KK should have bet us by more, surely that was becasue the backs stuck to the task atb hand as best they could, and nnot from any lack of kller instinct from the KK, who played like the licves depended on it (which we were also lacking for the entire 70 minutes)?

Loyal tipp fan (Tipperary) - Posts: 51 - 11/09/2011 18:23:06    1031838

Link

Have a read of Denis Walsh in the Sunday Times today - a very balanced well written piece I think.My reflection of the game is that KK just got that run on ye at the start and Tipp were always playing catch-up then.Despite being so outplayed in most sectors of the field Tipp were only beaten by 4 points so i wouldn't be too despondant.

kennyd (Mayo) - Posts: 2 - 11/09/2011 21:24:23    1032097

Link