Monaghan Forum

New Players

(Oldest Posts First)

Any word on new players for the county or whos deserving of a call-up?

supernova (Monaghan) - Posts: 7 - 17/11/2016 16:34:57    1935128

Link

Replying To supernova:  "Any word on new players for the county or whos deserving of a call-up?"
Any truth to that young Toome lad getting a call up? I've never seen a more natural corner forward in Monaghan since Mansey.

Iamlegion666 (Monaghan) - Posts: 285 - 20/11/2016 16:26:33    1935579

Link

Yes was over at the training - some new players in the panel - They include Michael Bannigan , James Wilson , Niall Kerins, Stephen mc cabe , mikey murnaghan , dessie ward - Some have left - danil yankee , jinsky . g doogan , john mc carron

New players all young fellas and wont have much impact in 2017 - more long term additions I would imagine

FrankAnnyalla (Monaghan) - Posts: 317 - 21/11/2016 10:35:03    1935703

Link

Replying To FrankAnnyalla:  "Yes was over at the training - some new players in the panel - They include Michael Bannigan , James Wilson , Niall Kerins, Stephen mc cabe , mikey murnaghan , dessie ward - Some have left - danil yankee , jinsky . g doogan , john mc carron

New players all young fellas and wont have much impact in 2017 - more long term additions I would imagine"
Good to hear about the fresh faces, would disagree about Dessie Ward not being ready yet, I think he is just what we need playing in our half forward line this year. Too much emphasis on defensive work rate in our half forward line not enough thought of the attacking attributes a player can bring. Seen him play in the league final and he wouldn't look out of place in the county starting 15 come May. Time for a slightly different approach if we are going to make the next step, too many small men in the engine room of this team grand for Clones but hasn't got it done in Croke Park.

CurlyFingers (Monaghan) - Posts: 47 - 22/11/2016 18:40:08    1936060

Link

It would be brilliant to have a fully fit Christopher McGunniess,Barry McGinn,and Jack McCarron.......these are top players that we badly need in our forward line along with Conor McCarthy and Conor McManus we would be a serious outfit next season..........Dessie Ward is another great talent that needs game time in Division1................

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1345 - 22/11/2016 18:58:52    1936070

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "It would be brilliant to have a fully fit Christopher McGunniess,Barry McGinn,and Jack McCarron.......these are top players that we badly need in our forward line along with Conor McCarthy and Conor McManus we would be a serious outfit next season..........Dessie Ward is another great talent that needs game time in Division1................"
Any idea how long McGinn and McCarron will be out for? Both had surgery towards the end of the club season. Jack is a serious talent but his injury profile does not make for good reading, would be great to see him get a season injury free. A very strong forward line with subs to come in if used correctly! Here's hoping 2017 brings an attack minded Monaghan team challenging beyond the August Bank holiday weekend!

CurlyFingers (Monaghan) - Posts: 47 - 23/11/2016 18:56:10    1936304

Link

Not a new player but it's good to see Owen Lennon involved with the county set up.

PolicemanFox (Monaghan) - Posts: 53 - 01/12/2016 13:50:46    1937800

Link

Great to see Eoin Lennon involved with county team. He is a real leader and will strengthen the back room team along with Colin McAree. Great to see these lads getting high level experience, hopefully it will stand to them...maybe either of them will be a future Monaghan senior football manager?

T1000 (Monaghan) - Posts: 59 - 03/12/2016 18:57:39    1938181

Link

I see there was no Monaghan Players on the Ulster Interprovincial Squad.. was this a decision made by our management to pull our players out of it ? or does Pete McGrath not rate our players?

Farney (Monaghan) - Posts: 704 - 09/12/2016 10:23:25    1939198

Link

Replying To Farney:  "I see there was no Monaghan Players on the Ulster Interprovincial Squad.. was this a decision made by our management to pull our players out of it ? or does Pete McGrath not rate our players?"
Wouldn't worry about it, I,d say the players didn't bother with it.

blueman1903 (Cavan) - Posts: 705 - 09/12/2016 19:05:21    1939311

Link