Monaghan Forum

New league proposals

(Oldest Posts First)

Can anyone here give a heads up on the new league proposals that are being debated currently?

star10 (Monaghan) - Posts: 31 - 10/11/2015 12:00:17    1805875

Link

Junior is being split into two I heard

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 650 - 10/11/2015 18:43:13    1806116

Link

Theres noting wrong with our leagues,yes there is teams that yo yo up and down from senior to junior but that cant be helped its been happening for years.

A few changes would be ok but be warned, major changes to our leagues could see us end up like Cavan, whos leagues are desperate altogether and that would take that sharpness and toughness out of our football.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 11/11/2015 12:58:49    1806372

Link

Any links to any of the proposals? Not much wrong with the leagues in my opinion. Maybe the introduction of an extra competition during the summer that has NO county players (anyone on the extended panel) at any stage for the club players?

Monaghan08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 12/11/2015 13:31:02    1806777

Link

Senior also being split in two ,
Personally I think it would give teams a good chance to win some silverware, imagine training year in year out and not getting anything at the end of the year, yes if your good enough to win it you should but it gives teams who don't win much an opportunity

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 650 - 12/11/2015 17:30:47    1806870

Link

I'm some respects it good that some teams don't take a hiding all season after going Senior, so in that sense its more balanced. To be in the top 8 (Senior A) you have to win 8-16 (Senior B) which would mean you'd probably be a better team going up than the teams that are going up with the current format. However, in Intermediate (16-24), most teams would be confident of not being relegated to Junior (24-30) and it would take the competitive edge out of their season and competition. The junior division would competitive as they would all be about even and would consider having a chance every year of going up. All of this would really mean 4 divisions and therefore less games which would suit the county board when it comes to the county Senior team and Star games, which could go as a result.

drumlinbelt (Monaghan) - Posts: 179 - 13/11/2015 14:41:41    1807079

Link

I heard the plan is that Senior and Intermediate will consist of 12 teams each and Junior will only have 6. The only reason this is being changed is because of the county boards obsession with the county team. Senior and intermediate teams will play each other once which means teams will only have 11 league games all year which is farcical. This is only happening so the county board won't have to listen to clubs crying about star games. Teams will still have no football in June/July and championships will still be run off when the county board doesn't need the county players. Once again the 22 clubs involved in the top two divisions are being shafted or more to the point (22*25) 550 players are being shafted. Monaghan has one of the best league structures around and this format could be the start of the end of club football in Monaghan. Big business, Croke Park and the county board only care about the elite and this format gives them free reign without having to worry about the paupers.

ipodshuffle (Monaghan) - Posts: 3 - 14/11/2015 09:02:01    1807183

Link

Some laughable posts on here. There are NO changes made to the structures of club football in Monaghan. What we have currently is a discussion document with four distinct proposals for club competitions going forward. Indeed one of these 4 proposals is to make no change to the current structures. It is open to every club in the county to discuss the proposals and decide which is the best. It is also open to the clubs to come up with proposals outside of the 4 sample ones. Representatives of all the clubs will then come together (inside the next week I think)and democratically decide on structures for club football best suited to club AND county players next year and into the future.To suggest that the county board are only interested in the county team is wrong. The county board (the county management committee as they are now known) is made up of representatives of ALL the clubs in Monaghan and it is in everyone's interest that club and county players get the best possible structures for all

decco (Monaghan) - Posts: 43 - 14/11/2015 10:06:25    1807195

Link