Mayo Forum

Cillian O'Connor Injury

(Oldest Posts First)

Terrible to hear the news of Cillian O'Connor's injury. Unfortunately, he is going to miss the entire League. For a player in his early 20's he has had many injuries. Is it the "attention" he receives during the games that has caused his problems? I do not think it is the training as not many of the other mayo players have such problems. On the other hand, is it the amount of games he has played over the last few years?
Please do not take this the wrong way, as I do not want to see any players from Mayo or any other counties with serious injuries, but will it be a blessing in disguise for Mayo. Will his injury mean that Mayo will have to now experiment with some new forwards for the league.

Best of Luck with the recovery Cillian.

Giveitago (Mayo) - Posts: 79 - 11/11/2015 18:43:24    1806533

Link

This man has barely got a break from football, with county and club commitments on top of Sigerson last year and not to mention when was playing minor and under 21 for Mayo. With Ballintubber knocked out in the semi final this year, thankfully he has some downtime to recover and also have some time for himself.

I hope his injury trend does not reflect on his brother Diarmuid who is also non-stop kicking ball. Mayo minor, straight into Mayo under 21 and senior along with Sigerson with DCU and under 21 and senior football with Ballintubber.

There is only so much an athlete can handle, the question of player burnout is always raised in situations like these.

number_1 (Mayo) - Posts: 58 - 15/12/2015 16:43:22    1813040

Link