Louth Forum

Milestones:

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To S.M:  "Is that signing copies of the book in the black Bull Ollie? ps Thats a hell of a starting XV!"
It sure is S.M. I am signing copies tomorrow in the Bull straight after the Louth match. The great Paddy Keenan will be my special guest.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 24/02/2018 20:08:34    2079756

Link

My god Ollie I thought you would at least have it in a Louth GAA bar ?

Do you not know we were shafted West of Marleys Lane, Stameen, Five Oaks, Beaubec (The Black Bull!) and Wheaton Hall before they were even built? Something to do with a shady catchment deal done by Louth County Board with Meath in 1979 and passed by Leinster council in 1986..... its only whispered about these days but it is a fact alright

Not one for a table quiz Ollie but one nonetheless , you should have it in Ollies isn't it fitting haha

S.M (Louth) - Posts: 88 - 27/02/2018 16:05:52    2080978

Link

Replying To S.M:  "My god Ollie I thought you would at least have it in a Louth GAA bar ?

Do you not know we were shafted West of Marleys Lane, Stameen, Five Oaks, Beaubec (The Black Bull!) and Wheaton Hall before they were even built? Something to do with a shady catchment deal done by Louth County Board with Meath in 1979 and passed by Leinster council in 1986..... its only whispered about these days but it is a fact alright

Not one for a table quiz Ollie but one nonetheless , you should have it in Ollies isn't it fitting haha"
Ah yeah I should have it in Ollies alright. A good Tones pub.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 27/02/2018 17:25:41    2081011

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "Ah yeah I should have it in Ollies alright. A good Tones pub."
You could always go hard at it and go the Weavers if you don't want to put up with that crowd!

S.M (Louth) - Posts: 88 - 28/02/2018 08:45:42    2081156

Link

Replying To S.M:  "You could always go hard at it and go the Weavers if you don't want to put up with that crowd!"
Ah big Tom won't let me in to the Weavers when he is on the door so to keep everyone happy I would have it in Ollies for the Tones heads, in the Thatch for the Nicks heads , in Garvey's for the Blues heads, in Foley's for the Plunkett's lads and last but not least in the GAA Grounds Clubhouse for the Super Rats.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 28/02/2018 15:54:07    2081259

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "Ah big Tom won't let me in to the Weavers when he is on the door so to keep everyone happy I would have it in Ollies for the Tones heads, in the Thatch for the Nicks heads , in Garvey's for the Blues heads, in Foley's for the Plunkett's lads and last but not least in the GAA Grounds Clubhouse for the Super Rats."
Ollie good man leave the Black Bull for the Dubliners and the ColmCilles folk until the full history of the Louth landgrab of 79 is finally put out in the open to us peasants....

That land grab is like the hidden history of the Leinster council... Vedic texts... no written minutes available :O.... It's gas

S.M (Louth) - Posts: 88 - 02/03/2018 22:37:10    2081646

Link

Replying To S.M:  "Ollie good man leave the Black Bull for the Dubliners and the ColmCilles folk until the full history of the Louth landgrab of 79 is finally put out in the open to us peasants....

That land grab is like the hidden history of the Leinster council... Vedic texts... no written minutes available :O.... It's gas"
Ah at least the Bull is on Wee County ground and likes to welcome everyone in to it. This includes locals and strangers (Dubs and Cilles heads).

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 03/03/2018 13:01:10    2081688

Link