Louth Forum

2007 could have been our year

(Oldest Posts First)

Looking at tipp, their in the semi.
And I wouldn't rule them out against Tyrone, they won't fear them as they played at u21 level and had tight games. Mayo wouldn't be bet by tipp but Mayo v Tyrone be very close.

Anyways, if you look at this link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

You need a bit of luck with the draw you get(tipp got Derry while Westmeath had to play Mayo!) so granted round 1 and 2 of qualifiers, we won our games and it wasn't a big deal

we ran cork really close in round 3 like we weren't hanging on to their coattails, but if you look who they played afterwards , we would have fancied Sligo in the quarter and Meath in a semi. (There was no round 4 qualifiers)
Probably put up a better showing in the final too than cork did
just a thought I had when I seen tipp

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 01/08/2016 16:52:33    1893611

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Looking at tipp, their in the semi.
And I wouldn't rule them out against Tyrone, they won't fear them as they played at u21 level and had tight games. Mayo wouldn't be bet by tipp but Mayo v Tyrone be very close.

You need a bit of luck with the draw you get(tipp got Derry while Westmeath had to play Mayo!) so granted round 1 and 2 of qualifiers, we won our games and it wasn't a big deal

we ran cork really close in round 3 like we weren't hanging on to their coattails, but if you look who they played afterwards , we would have fancied Sligo in the quarter and Meath in a semi. (There was no round 4 qualifiers)
just a thought I had when I seen tipp"
2010 was our year. Wee should of won Leinster. Wee would of played Kildare in the quarter-final and Down in the semi-final and Cork in the final. It would be like 1957 all over again.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12140 - 01/08/2016 18:40:25    1893681

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Looking at tipp, their in the semi.

just a thought I had when I seen tipp"
Should have could have Frederick but Louth never does it............
its not a bad coincidence or poor management decisions............ its the product we produce cant do it because our players dont need to when staking ther place on the team.............which is exactly why we see Tipp making a breakthrough at Senior now because they did do it at underage..........

herewe38 (Louth) - Posts: 506 - 01/08/2016 19:50:00    1893721

Link