Louth Forum

Longford V Louth

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To bennypoor:  "We can't give up men that's a French mentality we're Irish we're louth and proud will find a way we have to find a man to get the best players out and an rich man to pump money into it start from the ground up we have record number's in schools and none of them want to play gaa why is this bloody darts seems to be more popular than gaa in this county at the moment it's a sad day for everyone"
I will give you 1 reason people don't want to play GAA.

Most started training Mid January to End Sept 39 weeks, training 3 times a week = 117 Training Sessions

Teams play 3/4 Winter League games, 11 League games and 3 to 5 Champ Games (usually)

Thats maximum 20 games compared to 117 training sessions!

DundalkGael (Louth) - Posts: 863 - 27/01/2020 13:22:30    2262874

Link

Have to agree with you in theory but in theory communism worked

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 386 - 27/01/2020 20:28:40    2263019

Link

Replying To DundalkGael:  "I will give you 1 reason people don't want to play GAA.

Most started training Mid January to End Sept 39 weeks, training 3 times a week = 117 Training Sessions

Teams play 3/4 Winter League games, 11 League games and 3 to 5 Champ Games (usually)

Thats maximum 20 games compared to 117 training sessions!"
Co Board were willing to put in more club games and proposed three options, keep leagues as they were last year, go with a "league-and-a -half" or a double round league, home and away, but clubs with county players were not for it. The reason being, more club games = more "Star" games. A committe has been set up now to analyse the season and try and come up with solutions. At least it is being looked at I suppose, different league structures/fixtures will be brought before delegates one would assume, once the committee come up with futher options. The next step should be a vote taken, you're never going to please everyone so no point in trying, what will benefit the majority of players should be the option taken.

SmallBoy (Louth) - Posts: 286 - 28/01/2020 13:06:37    2263184

Link