Louth Forum

Championship Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

As today unfolds and the more people I talk to regarding the facilities yesterday the more I am baffled as to how this decision was reached spoke to 4 different people who also visited or are connected to the Oraghaillys all of whom can not understand why the games were not played, facilities were damp underfoot with no more rain falling would be drying out during the day .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 132 - 14/10/2019 14:33:58    2243416

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "As today unfolds and the more people I talk to regarding the facilities yesterday the more I am baffled as to how this decision was reached spoke to 4 different people who also visited or are connected to the Oraghaillys all of whom can not understand why the games were not played, facilities were damp underfoot with no more rain falling would be drying out during the day ."
I have seen photos on social media of the pitch and bank area. No issues bank looked fine, I did go to Gaels and Blues final 2017 a terrible day and stood by the bank no problems again.
I think in my opinion it was called over because they were worried about low attendance, so money talked

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 98 - 14/10/2019 15:21:55    2243435

Link

Replying To PointRoad:  "I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for this....
What if it was a draw"
The replay was going to be in 2 weeks after the Final if a draw (Martins were informed of this by county board)

DundalkGael (Louth) - Posts: 849 - 15/10/2019 11:22:13    2243650

Link

What's plan B for weekend, have Co Board looked at the weather for week ahead. Is the same goin to happen at 11.50 again sun morning

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 15/10/2019 12:25:53    2243665

Link

Replying To DundalkGael:  "The replay was going to be in 2 weeks after the Final if a draw (Martins were informed of this by county board)"
That just does not make sense replays are normally always 1 week after

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 98 - 15/10/2019 13:32:33    2243689

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "County Ground as it should be. Parking is not an issue silly to think it is. Great facility with a super area for a cup of Tea/coffee or a pint before and after the match. The pitch in Drogheda will be fine and JP must of played in some bogs over the years ashes 20+ years trying to win a cship looking forward to a great game Martins the form team but the Blues have got there bad performance out of the way expect it to go down to the wire with the Martins just pipping the blues ."
If it had been fixed for Ardee, Haggardstown, Dromiskin, Dowdallshill or Clans it would be over now. All of them bar Haggardstown have successfully hosted county finals. Any of these in Plan B?
Hopefully JP and Mick have only a week longer to wait for their senior medals.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1375 - 17/10/2019 10:48:49    2244039

Link

Replying To 19616609:  "If it had been fixed for Ardee, Haggardstown, Dromiskin, Dowdallshill or Clans it would be over now. All of them bar Haggardstown have successfully hosted county finals. Any of these in Plan B?
Hopefully JP and Mick have only a week longer to wait for their senior medals."
From a spectators point of view Clans Dhill Dromiskin would be a hard to watch the game on the flat and limited seating, great facilities but when there's a crowd you would struggle to see the game. Ardee has some construction work taking place which rules them out great venue and would be ideal if you don't mind a long walk to the ground parking is limited. Stabannon has the best pitch in the county but parking on a wet day would be dangerous coped very well with big matches this year but on a wet day the field they use for parking couldn't be an option limited seating. Dunleer is a brilliant venue all spectators' looking down on the pitch parking isn't too bad either but again limited seating, Drogheda is the only venue where parking is not a problem seeing the game is not a problem seating caters for 960 you might get wet feet on the bank but fail to prepare then prepare to well you know the rest. Hopefully the County will get its new ground and JP will get his medal and the County board will have learned its lesson that our officers are not good enough and need to step aside for some new blood to bring us forward. Roll on Sunday up the !!!!s .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 132 - 17/10/2019 12:46:40    2244058

Link

Replying To PointRoad:  "That just does not make sense replays are normally always 1 week after"
The last senior final that went to a replay in 2011 there was a two a week gap. The first Blues and Pat's match was in Drawda and then the replay was in D,Hill on the bank holiday Sunday of that year.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12129 - 17/10/2019 13:22:49    2244064

Link

Replying To Redzer_Brown:  "What's plan B for weekend, have Co Board looked at the weather for week ahead. Is the same goin to happen at 11.50 again sun morning"
They will probably play it Darver mid week.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12129 - 17/10/2019 13:27:52    2244065

Link