Louth Forum

Paddy Clarke RIP

(Oldest Posts First)

I was saddened to read of the passing of Paddy Clarke at the weekend. One of the greatest manager/coaches to have come out of Louth. I read that he won five senior county championships in five different counties which is an incredible achievement. Won a B All-Ireland and National League Div 2 with Louth also. Colm Nally gave a poingant and beautiful tribute on LMFM Sunday saying "When you think about what inspiration means, it means breathing life into something. Paddy breathed life into the most mundane tasks." It must have been an inspiration to play under him and his record speaks for itself. Condolences to his family, may he rest in Peace.

SmallBoy (Louth) - Posts: 286 - 13/11/2018 10:39:37    2150914

Link

Replying To SmallBoy:  "I was saddened to read of the passing of Paddy Clarke at the weekend. One of the greatest manager/coaches to have come out of Louth. I read that he won five senior county championships in five different counties which is an incredible achievement. Won a B All-Ireland and National League Div 2 with Louth also. Colm Nally gave a poingant and beautiful tribute on LMFM Sunday saying "When you think about what inspiration means, it means breathing life into something. Paddy breathed life into the most mundane tasks." It must have been an inspiration to play under him and his record speaks for itself. Condolences to his family, may he rest in Peace."
RIP Paddy. his period in charge of Louth was very enjoyable and he was unlucky not to do a bit better with us in Leinster.

his club managerial achievements are legendary. here in Louth he won Joe Wards with Stabannon and Collon.

his brother Malachy kept goal for Louth in the Eighties for a short time.

moresthepity (Louth) - Posts: 223 - 13/11/2018 13:49:43    2150951

Link

Rest in Peace Paddy. He was a true Gael who knew his stuff. He was some manager and his record speaks for itself. He was manger of the Louth team when Louth defeated the reigning All Ireland Champions Kerry on their home patch at the start of 2000/2001 National League.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 13/11/2018 23:55:36    2151050

Link