Louth Forum

Minor Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ScrappyDoo2:  "Shane Matthews Played Up to u12s with Baile Talun - while he was still U10s. Dean Played all his Juvenile Football with Baile Talun also. The Jacksons , along with Jonathan and Cian Commins, Conor Hennessy, Darragh McCoy all started out with the Seans. Gavin Douglas and Aaron Kerley played for the Seans before being poached by the Marys. When Jonathan Commins left along with the Jacksons a number of years ago he took 6 other players with them to the Marys. Conor Hennesssy lives 6 miles from Ardee so he shouldnt be playing with the Marys ."
Tristan Knowles and Adam Garvey are but another 2 players that Started with Hunterstown and got poached by the Marys ..... Richard Rogers another. Johnny McMahon played U8s up to U12s with the Seans before the Marys came Knocking. Robert McHugh was living in Louth Village/Tallanstown and playing for the Marys....Where is he now . In recent times Niall Sharkey, Neil Kerr, Dion Conlon and Finn Duffy(who lives closer to carrick than Ardee) were all approached by the Mary McDermott Rangers... . I was told this by the people involved. Can whoever is claiming that the Marys dont poach players please cop themselves on. The unofficial Poaching Policy has been in place for years and everyone knows its there

ScrappyDoo2 (Louth) - Posts: 10 - 30/10/2018 14:01:33    2148732

Link

Replying To ScrappyDoo2:  "Shane Matthews Played Up to u12s with Baile Talun - while he was still U10s. Dean Played all his Juvenile Football with Baile Talun also. The Jacksons , along with Jonathan and Cian Commins, Conor Hennessy, Darragh McCoy all started out with the Seans. Gavin Douglas and Aaron Kerley played for the Seans before being poached by the Marys. When Jonathan Commins left along with the Jacksons a number of years ago he took 6 other players with them to the Marys. Conor Hennesssy lives 6 miles from Ardee so he shouldnt be playing with the Marys ."
The Rangers/Rovers are also in the process in trying to convince Tommy Durnin(A westerns Player) that if he transfers to them this winter he has a chance of winning a Senior Championship.... If you dont believe that ask Tommy yourself ... They have him hounded ...

ScrappyDoo2 (Louth) - Posts: 10 - 30/10/2018 14:09:58    2148735

Link

Replying To ScrappyDoo2:  "The Rangers/Rovers are also in the process in trying to convince Tommy Durnin(A westerns Player) that if he transfers to them this winter he has a chance of winning a Senior Championship.... If you dont believe that ask Tommy yourself ... They have him hounded ..."
The Blues do it in Drogheda, so why not.

St Josephs won Joe Ward partly due to Martin Farrelly joining them from Dunleer

SOM done it in Louth signing 2 Nixons, (Fishers also orginally a Roche man)

Louth County Board are at fault for allowing all the transfers

DundalkGael (Louth) - Posts: 852 - 30/10/2018 19:38:18    2148788

Link

Are they good enough to do 3 in a row next year?
Whats the odds on The Marys doing 3 in a row at Minor and The Blues doing 3 in a row at Senior next year.
I think the last team to do 3 in a row at minor was the Roche teams from the early 90's, Would that be right Ollie??

Starbar (Louth) - Posts: 4 - 31/10/2018 15:35:08    2148900

Link

Replying To Starbar:  "Are they good enough to do 3 in a row next year?
Whats the odds on The Marys doing 3 in a row at Minor and The Blues doing 3 in a row at Senior next year.
I think the last team to do 3 in a row at minor was the Roche teams from the early 90's, Would that be right Ollie??"
With a name like that you must have Drawda connections? Yes Roche were the last minor team to do a three in a row. From 91 to 93.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12140 - 01/11/2018 10:43:06    2148994

Link

Replying To ScrappyDoo2:  "Tristan Knowles and Adam Garvey are but another 2 players that Started with Hunterstown and got poached by the Marys ..... Richard Rogers another. Johnny McMahon played U8s up to U12s with the Seans before the Marys came Knocking. Robert McHugh was living in Louth Village/Tallanstown and playing for the Marys....Where is he now . In recent times Niall Sharkey, Neil Kerr, Dion Conlon and Finn Duffy(who lives closer to carrick than Ardee) were all approached by the Mary McDermott Rangers... . I was told this by the people involved. Can whoever is claiming that the Marys dont poach players please cop themselves on. The unofficial Poaching Policy has been in place for years and everyone knows its there"
It's funny how they poached them but won't allow them to leave then, some players above mentioned are looking to get out too supposedly like Knowles and the Matthews brothers and the Binghams but were told no and now haven't a team to kick ball with.

Louthman18 (Louth) - Posts: 8 - 01/11/2018 18:25:28    2149146

Link

Replying To Louthman18:  "It's funny how they poached them but won't allow them to leave then, some players above mentioned are looking to get out too supposedly like Knowles and the Matthews brothers and the Binghams but were told no and now haven't a team to kick ball with."
And why do they want to leave??

SM_HG (Louth) - Posts: 33 - 02/11/2018 09:29:35    2149223

Link

Before I start, I am most definitely not a Mary's man but I think a lot of the comments on here towards them are unfair. Every club trys to bring players in so why criticise a few teams (Mary's, Blues) for it. I am not a person who is anti transfers, I am pro transfers. Players transfer for a variety of reasons. You can't come on here and complain that a player transfers and then welcome a player transferring to your club.

hit_them_hard (Louth) - Posts: 140 - 04/11/2018 16:41:13    2149502

Link

# medal chasers, gone are the days of playing for the love of club and community. Parents have a huge part to play also. They age we live in is all about win, win, win at all cost. And because of the fragile nature of todays youngsters, losing is not an option in case they get depressed and start crying.

sandyBeach (Louth) - Posts: 267 - 05/11/2018 09:28:57    2149592

Link

Replying To sandyBeach:  "# medal chasers, gone are the days of playing for the love of club and community. Parents have a huge part to play also. They age we live in is all about win, win, win at all cost. And because of the fragile nature of todays youngsters, losing is not an option in case they get depressed and start crying."
O Raghs are littered with transfers. There'd be no Intermediate Championship or Division 2 medal without them. They are all about win win win.

Itsme (Louth) - Posts: 401 - 05/11/2018 10:31:25    2149603

Link

Replying To sandyBeach:  "# medal chasers, gone are the days of playing for the love of club and community. Parents have a huge part to play also. They age we live in is all about win, win, win at all cost. And because of the fragile nature of todays youngsters, losing is not an option in case they get depressed and start crying."
Totally agree.
GAA all about community and if winning comes to this it can mean nothing,this is what happens in slicer
.Louth GAA is in a poor condition as it is but if they keep sanctioning these transfers you will see a lot of clubs closing.
There are a lot of clubs on there knees and it's sad to see

As mentioned earlier it's pure wrong to have numerous players passing by there local clubs who nurtured them and then left in search of glory

pd73 (Louth) - Posts: 317 - 05/11/2018 11:37:01    2149619

Link

I see that the annual juvenile amalgamation fest is down for consideration tonight at the minor board meeting - in view of the considerable recent discussion around the "new" Senior competition it will be interesting to see what view the minor board adopts around same
The majority of the underage amalgamations are pretty well set in stone such as Mattock/Hunterstown and O'Connells/Stabannon & Mitchels
Last year the Mochtas from memory had an eclectic mix of partners in the different grades and got all the way to the minor final with Brides - now entering Senior themselves will they go it alone, look to align with Brides again or possibly someone else
The strangest combination being mooted at minor level is an amalgamation of Kevins and Dreadnots both strong Division 1 teams at this age level over the last number of years - in fact at under 14 level 4 years ago the Dreadnots did everything bar beat a very strong Ardee team who are themselves attempting a 3 in a row this year at minor
Should be an interesting minor championship being the last at U18 level

Boyneman (Louth) - Posts: 5 - 21/01/2019 15:23:18    2158669

Link

Not sure if there is any substance but two big Town teams (Dundalk) and one other just outside of town looking to join forces at u16 level.. very frustrating for stand alone teams. And yes Minor teams looking to circle the wagons to pinch some silverware.

wrongball (Louth) - Posts: 12 - 21/01/2019 22:31:47    2158785

Link

So the amalgamation's at Minor have been sorted and the proposed amalgamation between Clogher and Kevins has been refused which is understandable. I heard that a last minute request for 4 Stabannon players be allowed to play with St Marys Ardee as they have no minor team I assume oconnells ,Mitchells are not fielding which is there usual amalagamtion any thoughts surely this is not through.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 145 - 08/03/2019 09:08:41    2171002

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "So the amalgamation's at Minor have been sorted and the proposed amalgamation between Clogher and Kevins has been refused which is understandable. I heard that a last minute request for 4 Stabannon players be allowed to play with St Marys Ardee as they have no minor team I assume oconnells ,Mitchells are not fielding which is there usual amalagamtion any thoughts surely this is not through."
N08CUTN - unbelievable as it may sound it is true as correspondence re same came through via e mail yesterday from minor board requesting the "opinions" of the other clubs on the matter by 5 this evening
How it could be even contemplated is beyond me, to add further to Ardee's "grab" of players in the region, adding to a team going for 3 in a row minors and a team that (open to correction) has won every league and championship -bar one (including Féile) since they entered competitive football
Surely there must be 15/20 players in your aforementioned clubs between the ages of 16 and 18 that could at least play in Division 3 (can apparently be reduced to 11 a side per minor board regulations!)

Boyneman (Louth) - Posts: 5 - 08/03/2019 10:32:14    2171028

Link

It's not worth talking about. The way louth Football is being run is a joke. Total overhaul coming in 8 months time

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 08/03/2019 23:37:55    2171180

Link