Louth Forum

Underage Players In The County

(Oldest Posts First)

Is there any sign of young underage lads coming through that could add a spark to the senior team in the next 5-10 years?

Joey87 (Louth) - Posts: 44 - 18/02/2018 23:12:26    2078172

Link

You would have to look at the 2017 county minor team for players coming through. The only problem there is what happens to them over the next 2 years as all they will have is club football and there is no guarantee they will get first team football with their clubs

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 22/02/2018 07:24:02    2079130

Link

Replying To itslouth:  "You would have to look at the 2017 county minor team for players coming through. The only problem there is what happens to them over the next 2 years as all they will have is club football and there is no guarantee they will get first team football with their clubs"
Hopefully there clubs will develop these players & introduce them into adult football. 4 off that Louth minor squad played for my club on Sunday I'd say it was the youngest team to take to the field last weekend & great to see these young lads getting on to a fairly strong senior team. Out of the 6 forwards we had 2 18yr olds 2 19yr olds a 20yr old & a 22yr old. Only 1 of these players is over 6 foot so I don't know if they will be looked at to play county level as they are not big physical players. But are all good club players. The future is bright club wise for us at the minute so hopefully we can turn it into trophies.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 27/02/2018 14:59:38    2080951

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Hopefully there clubs will develop these players & introduce them into adult football. 4 off that Louth minor squad played for my club on Sunday I'd say it was the youngest team to take to the field last weekend & great to see these young lads getting on to a fairly strong senior team. Out of the 6 forwards we had 2 18yr olds 2 19yr olds a 20yr old & a 22yr old. Only 1 of these players is over 6 foot so I don't know if they will be looked at to play county level as they are not big physical players. But are all good club players. The future is bright club wise for us at the minute so hopefully we can turn it into trophies."
Great example of hard work paying off. Wish the Mairtins all the best in their hunt for Joe this year

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 27/02/2018 17:04:32    2081003

Link