Louth Forum

Louth V Roscommon

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gooch13:  "Absolutely embarrassing again today this team is the worst this county has seen in years forward line is pathetic. Carlow are dead Certs to beat us now."
Nice reasonable reaction there Goochi Gang way to keep things in context.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 27/02/2018 08:31:04    2080831

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Nice reasonable reaction there Goochi Gang way to keep things in context."
No point painting over the cracks ballbag we're really struggling at the minute on and off the field!!

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 27/02/2018 10:29:14    2080858

Link

Replying To joej:  "Just to put things in context. Ollie will provide the dates and what div we were in but about 4 or 5 years ago we beat Galway in Drogheda in the league and i remember it was snowing. Not sure what year and i think we were in div 3. Look at Galway now and look at Louth. Galways main man that day was Sean Armstrong, very pacey winger. We never seem to kick on, when will we get our day in the sun. My fear is we that have already had it in July 2010."
Joe wee played Galway three years in a row all in Division two and we are unbeaten against the Tribesmen. In 2012 wee drew with them in Salthill. 2013 is the match that you were on about. Wee won that match by six points in Drogheda. In 2014 wee also played them in Drogheda and that match ended in a draw.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 27/02/2018 11:26:35    2080872

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "No point painting over the cracks ballbag we're really struggling at the minute on and off the field!!"
Jaysus on and off the field?
I would have said we're improving. Coaching & Games Development in our County is definitely on the up and up. I think the minor teams run last year and the number of young guys making the transition to senior set up is a testament to this. This is far from perfect but it's definitely improving. The coaching structures in clubs is also improving drastically Blues, Mary's, Kevin's, Glen Emmets, St Feichins, Naomh Mairtin, Roche Emmets, Geraldine's and Dundalk Gaels are all an exemplary example of this. The other clubs in the county have seen what these clubs have done and are now trying to emulate this. I imagine we are going to start seeing a lot more home grown in house management at adult level due to the huge effort from Louth gaa in coach education. Club facilities are improving around the county also. The GAA is trying to encourage clubs to reaffirm their position in communities and many clubs in Louth are doing. Darver like it or loath it allows us to get alot of fixtures played when lights or good drainage is needed. Fair enough the county grounds is in a bad way but it has become a poison chalice that no one wants to go near as there is clearly a bigger problem than just gaa club versus county rumours.
We really have to be more realistic and controlled in our expectations. Going hell for leather and all passion is great but there has to be some type of realistic approach. Behind it there must be calculation and patience.
If you want to spend your days staring and giving out about a crack fair enough but don't try and convince everyone else you are right when the foundations of the wall are sound and there is a lovely mural being painted.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 27/02/2018 11:35:07    2080875

Link

Roscommon were connacht champions last year, should have beaten Mayo. How many of their underage teams have challenge for minor and u21 titles. They got their house in order a long time ago. Cork a dision 1 team last year. Probably under achieving by their standards. A lot of you have lost the run of yourselves. The fact Louth made it into Division 2 is a great achievement and a step in the right direction. When is the last time (before last year) have we produced a notable underage team of a high standard. You reap what you sew and we are only sewing properly now. Give it time and allow Louth to continue to grow. Should have beaten Down, could have beaten Cavan on a different day.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 27/02/2018 12:55:18    2080904

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Jaysus on and off the field?
I would have said we're improving. Coaching & Games Development in our County is definitely on the up and up. I think the minor teams run last year and the number of young guys making the transition to senior set up is a testament to this. This is far from perfect but it's definitely improving. The coaching structures in clubs is also improving drastically Blues, Mary's, Kevin's, Glen Emmets, St Feichins, Naomh Mairtin, Roche Emmets, Geraldine's and Dundalk Gaels are all an exemplary example of this. The other clubs in the county have seen what these clubs have done and are now trying to emulate this. I imagine we are going to start seeing a lot more home grown in house management at adult level due to the huge effort from Louth gaa in coach education. Club facilities are improving around the county also. The GAA is trying to encourage clubs to reaffirm their position in communities and many clubs in Louth are doing. Darver like it or loath it allows us to get alot of fixtures played when lights or good drainage is needed. Fair enough the county grounds is in a bad way but it has become a poison chalice that no one wants to go near as there is clearly a bigger problem than just gaa club versus county rumours.
We really have to be more realistic and controlled in our expectations. Going hell for leather and all passion is great but there has to be some type of realistic approach. Behind it there must be calculation and patience.
If you want to spend your days staring and giving out about a crack fair enough but don't try and convince everyone else you are right when the foundations of the wall are sound and there is a lovely mural being painted."
Aw sure everything is just wonderful in this county we are winning all around us at underage and we have a county ground to be so proud of.Please don't make me sick with your positivity it's embarrasing!!

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 27/02/2018 14:32:02    2080939

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Aw sure everything is just wonderful in this county we are winning all around us at underage and we have a county ground to be so proud of.Please don't make me sick with your positivity it's embarrasing!!"
Gooch can I ask you what enjoyment do you get out of the GAA? If it's giving out and arguing a point its OK just say it.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 27/02/2018 17:26:05    2081012

Link

Replying To joej:  "Just to put things in context. Ollie will provide the dates and what div we were in but about 4 or 5 years ago we beat Galway in Drogheda in the league and i remember it was snowing. Not sure what year and i think we were in div 3. Look at Galway now and look at Louth. Galways main man that day was Sean Armstrong, very pacey winger. We never seem to kick on, when will we get our day in the sun. My fear is we that have already had it in July 2010."
Joe, Galway won an All Ireland minor title in 2007 and were beaten in the final in 2016. They won U21 All Irelands in 2011 and 2013 and were beaten in the final in 2017. That's three underage All Irelands won and two more final appearances in the last ten years. That's the difference.

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5081 - 27/02/2018 17:40:56    2081018

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Gooch can I ask you what enjoyment do you get out of the GAA? If it's giving out and arguing a point its OK just say it."
I enjoy my club football where there is no politics at the top table & run by genuine decent people and the whole committee and players row in together but in this county set up it's all about who ya are and what ya know!!

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 27/02/2018 18:52:46    2081052

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "I enjoy my club football where there is no politics at the top table & run by genuine decent people and the whole committee and players row in together but in this county set up it's all about who ya are and what ya know!!"
I know no one bar our county board rep and I know nothing in general. I still enjoy county. You seem to have the classic us versus them mentality around the GAA especially in Louth. How do you propose the county competitions or teams run if the administrators don't volunteer there time?
People say the gaa is no longer a democratic organisation but I think it is. Its just the majority of its members can't be arsed versing themselves in the rules and its just easier to give out about the people who do. I can't wait until my baba child's are grown so I can get more involved in my clubs admin and hopefully the county some day. I'm sure I can count on your vote Goochi Gang.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 27/02/2018 19:36:27    2081066

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "I know no one bar our county board rep and I know nothing in general. I still enjoy county. You seem to have the classic us versus them mentality around the GAA especially in Louth. How do you propose the county competitions or teams run if the administrators don't volunteer there time?
People say the gaa is no longer a democratic organisation but I think it is. Its just the majority of its members can't be arsed versing themselves in the rules and its just easier to give out about the people who do. I can't wait until my baba child's are grown so I can get more involved in my clubs admin and hopefully the county some day. I'm sure I can count on your vote Goochi Gang."
Ye off course il be the first to vote ya in cos u seem to write plenty of essays on here so I'm sure the county board could make use of ya in some capacity!!

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 27/02/2018 21:42:00    2081104

Link