Louth Forum

Fixtures Forum

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gooch13:  "Totally agree with you,they can make the league competitive on any day but only when they choose to.Cant have teams dictating when to play games and when to put out strong teams.All Leagues should revert back to the old system with no such thing as 2 'star' games also,every team should have every player available to them in every league & championship game it's only fair and gives every team a chance of competing."
I wonder will the new intercounty structure allow us the option of doing away with star games. I think we have to go back to the old way before we lose any clubs.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 29/10/2017 10:15:15    2058918

Link

What about slipting them into 3 divisions of 9 and div4 with 10??
Div1
Marys
Gers
Pats
Blues
Jocks
Dreadnots
Geals
O'mahonys
Collon
Div2
Cooley
Kilkerley
Clans
Brides
Hunterstown
O'connells
Rats
Finbarrs
Joes
Div3
Fechins
Mochtas
Glen emmets
Irelanders
Naps
Plunkets
Gylde
Roche
Kevins
Div4
Dunleer
Stabannan
Westerns
Seans
Mals
Mitchels
Dhill
Tones
Nicks
Cgeals

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 345 - 29/10/2017 10:24:19    2058920

Link

Replying To bennypoor:  "What about slipting them into 3 divisions of 9 and div4 with 10??
Div1
Marys
Gers
Pats
Blues
Jocks
Dreadnots
Geals
O'mahonys
Collon
Div2
Cooley
Kilkerley
Clans
Brides
Hunterstown
O'connells
Rats
Finbarrs
Joes
Div3
Fechins
Mochtas
Glen emmets
Irelanders
Naps
Plunkets
Gylde
Roche
Kevins
Div4
Dunleer
Stabannan
Westerns
Seans
Mals
Mitchels
Dhill
Tones
Nicks
Cgeals"
Yeah benny I think it's coming clear going that way is the actual solution. I'd include Annaghminnon in Div 4 also hopefully they'd want to be there. Problem is it would be unfair to bring a change like this as a motion this year to come straight in. All clubs need to be given fair chance of avoiding drops. So important thing is to get it back to the old way straight away this year to avoid anymore serious damage to Louth football then hash out and bring in this solution down the line.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 29/10/2017 11:35:38    2058926

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Yeah benny I think it's coming clear going that way is the actual solution. I'd include Annaghminnon in Div 4 also hopefully they'd want to be there. Problem is it would be unfair to bring a change like this as a motion this year to come straight in. All clubs need to be given fair chance of avoiding drops. So important thing is to get it back to the old way straight away this year to avoid anymore serious damage to Louth football then hash out and bring in this solution down the line."
Yeah I agree with you maybe it is a bit down the line but them divisions look alot more competitive forgot Ann rovers hopefully they would come up to n push another team or two further up the divisions

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 345 - 29/10/2017 14:05:59    2058945

Link

Well according to people who wer at the forum changes cannot happen for this coming season due alotta of paper work to change rules so any changes will be for the year after next.So next season will be the same again im afraid.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 30/10/2017 00:50:46    2059044

Link

Well according to people who wer at the forum changes cannot happen for this coming season due alotta of paper work to change rules so any changes will be for the year after next.So next season will be the same again im afraid.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 30/10/2017 08:59:07    2059060

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Well according to people who wer at the forum changes cannot happen for this coming season due alotta of paper work to change rules so any changes will be for the year after next.So next season will be the same again im afraid."
Surely if a motion goes in to return Division 1,2 & 3 to first teams only. That also covers where the second teams in Division 3 currently go and the clubs vote it in that would be it. Not that much paper work there not even that awkward of motion.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 30/10/2017 21:40:04    2059177

Link

Well I was told by a man at the meeting that the chairman said nothing can change for this coming season as it would all need to be written up and then voted on.Whatever changes that are decided will be for the following season.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 30/10/2017 23:33:04    2059192

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Well I was told by a man at the meeting that the chairman said nothing can change for this coming season as it would all need to be written up and then voted on.Whatever changes that are decided will be for the following season."
I just rang one of our lads that was at the meeting and he said the chairman never said that. He said the CCC actually acknowledged that the problem could be fixed by reverting back to the old way.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 31/10/2017 09:41:25    2059224

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "I just rang one of our lads that was at the meeting and he said the chairman never said that. He said the CCC actually acknowledged that the problem could be fixed by reverting back to the old way."
Well three you lads have different stories already typical louth.Suppose we'all soon find out but I have a feeling nothing will happen next season anyway

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 31/10/2017 10:55:41    2059240

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Well three you lads have different stories already typical louth.Suppose we'all soon find out but I have a feeling nothing will happen next season anyway"
Yeah a bit of selective hearing me thinks. Our boy is on the road with this game a long time the way he sees it is going back to the old way makes feck all of a difference to the majority of clubs in Louth but staying this way even for another year does major damage to a few clubs. Really if it makes no real difference for a club now they should vote in favour of the clubs it is effecting.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 31/10/2017 11:55:48    2059261

Link

Why keep changing the league structures to try and solve a so called problem. heard that last thursday night at the forum when the league structures discussion was over and it was time to move onto the U17 and 18 for next year. all the clubs (Div 3) that were making noise about the league structures left. shows you all that they are worried about is themselves and underage does not matter. leave the leagues alone and make them sort there underage out and then they would not have any problems

sharpey (Louth) - Posts: 189 - 31/10/2017 15:55:23    2059318

Link

Replying To sharpey:  "Why keep changing the league structures to try and solve a so called problem. heard that last thursday night at the forum when the league structures discussion was over and it was time to move onto the U17 and 18 for next year. all the clubs (Div 3) that were making noise about the league structures left. shows you all that they are worried about is themselves and underage does not matter. leave the leagues alone and make them sort there underage out and then they would not have any problems"
We have to change the structures back because we created a bigger problem trying to solve the original one. If people arnt big enough to admit they got it wrong and clubs close because of this it will be something I will never be able to stomach. Especially once the inconsistency that ruined Division 3&4 spreads onto Division 2, this will happen and we have to make changes then when it's too late.
It's funny you say all the Div 3 clubs left when it was a division 3 club representative that filled me in on the u17/18/21 discussion. Are you sure they all left and that no one from a division 2 or 1 club left? I doubt it very much if some of the division 3 clubs representatives left it was probably out of pure frustration with the situation which is an imminent threat to their club's existence.
Two of the four clubs who say these structures are closing them field all their underage teams as sole clubs with no amalgamations and play Div 2 minor league. I don't think their underage structures are the worst in the county.
Instead of trying to belittle and abuse the clubs who are speaking out and trying to support change, why don't you tell us why the new structure works better for your club?

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 31/10/2017 16:39:45    2059333

Link

Not right singling out the Div 3 clubs solely as the attendences dropped for the underage discussion. I'd say a good 60% of the room left. That is across the board, from senior down to junior.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 31/10/2017 16:46:21    2059335

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "We have to change the structures back because we created a bigger problem trying to solve the original one. If people arnt big enough to admit they got it wrong and clubs close because of this it will be something I will never be able to stomach. Especially once the inconsistency that ruined Division 3&4 spreads onto Division 2, this will happen and we have to make changes then when it's too late.
It's funny you say all the Div 3 clubs left when it was a division 3 club representative that filled me in on the u17/18/21 discussion. Are you sure they all left and that no one from a division 2 or 1 club left? I doubt it very much if some of the division 3 clubs representatives left it was probably out of pure frustration with the situation which is an imminent threat to their club's existence.
Two of the four clubs who say these structures are closing them field all their underage teams as sole clubs with no amalgamations and play Div 2 minor league. I don't think their underage structures are the worst in the county.
Instead of trying to belittle and abuse the clubs who are speaking out and trying to support change, why don't you tell us why the new structure works better for your club?"
Apologies, Just saying what I heard and I am not picking on Div 3 clubs

If the league structures were to be changed again. Is that just not kicking the can down the road..The biggest single problem in Louth at the moment and its being ignored is underage football. If i hear someone saying again that underage is fine i will crack up.
Here we are in November and underage competitions are still running. It takes 9 months to run a division with 8 teams in it. I know the excuse that the minor leagues were delayed as Louth minors had a decent run in the championship. But that is a lame excuse to take the blame away from the real problem and I hate blaming administration but thats where the problem is. most clubs went 12 weeks without a game in the leagues. Kerry won the all ireland minor and their competitions are over a long time now.

why cannot the problems in underage football not be fixed...Maybe the senior ccc should run underage aswell as hats off to them all competitions were run well

sharpey (Louth) - Posts: 189 - 01/11/2017 09:56:52    2059444

Link

Replying To sharpey:  "Apologies, Just saying what I heard and I am not picking on Div 3 clubs

If the league structures were to be changed again. Is that just not kicking the can down the road..The biggest single problem in Louth at the moment and its being ignored is underage football. If i hear someone saying again that underage is fine i will crack up.
Here we are in November and underage competitions are still running. It takes 9 months to run a division with 8 teams in it. I know the excuse that the minor leagues were delayed as Louth minors had a decent run in the championship. But that is a lame excuse to take the blame away from the real problem and I hate blaming administration but thats where the problem is. most clubs went 12 weeks without a game in the leagues. Kerry won the all ireland minor and their competitions are over a long time now.

why cannot the problems in underage football not be fixed...Maybe the senior ccc should run underage aswell as hats off to them all competitions were run well"
I fully appreciate you are passionate about the state of our underage competitions, and rightly so. However you have to appreciate its a separate problem to the adult league structures. Both are equally important but as I said the fact we are risking losing clubs and players straight away we need to do something. Some of the clubs who are at a great risk are the ones who have sorted their underage structures out so it is particularly unfair to leave them in this dismal situation.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 01/11/2017 10:33:22    2059455

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "I fully appreciate you are passionate about the state of our underage competitions, and rightly so. However you have to appreciate its a separate problem to the adult league structures. Both are equally important but as I said the fact we are risking losing clubs and players straight away we need to do something. Some of the clubs who are at a great risk are the ones who have sorted their underage structures out so it is particularly unfair to leave them in this dismal situation."
fully agree.. but that just puts everything on the long finger regarding underage..

Why cannot a committee be put in place to review all aspects of louth gaa, clubs and competitions. some clubs need help. Some clubs are striving and have their structures in great order.
whether you change competitions structures or not the same big problem will still be there. if you look back before the league structures were changed the sole clubs who play in divisions 4, 5 and 6 now were still getting heavy defeats and sometimes giving walkovers..what has changed since then for these clubs. we all know there is a problem but we are just papering over the cracks by changing our leagues again.
we have a lot of clubs who don't want to have an underage team in division 1 leagues, they are happy to hang around the lower divisions.
Are we afraid to face up to the problem

As i said in an earlier post. "We are only kicking the can down the road"

sharpey (Louth) - Posts: 189 - 01/11/2017 11:42:01    2059477

Link