Louth Forum

League rules question

(Oldest Posts First)

trying to get clarity on a very important issue regarding the leagues "official rules".

the rules state that all league matches must be completed before the last league game is played ...the last league game must be played on the same date at the same time for all clubs in each division....

officially the last intermediate league game for all clubs is being played tomorrow 02/09/2017 ...BUT... the "moctas" have still to play in a back fixture league game against the "feckins" ... to my knowledge this game is not played or conceded so how is it possible to play the last game of the league ????....( which could be very important in deciding who gets promoted or relegated... through score difference etc )

rules are put in place to govern competitions to ensure there is no collusion or corruption and to ensure fair play for all participants ....
the CCC are employed to make sure competitions are played to the letter of the rules ....so how have they allowed this incredibly unfair situation to happen....are they just bending the rules to suit themselves....

as fare as i understand it rules cannot be changed by the CCC or ANY ONE PERSON NO MATTER HOW MUCH POWER HE THINKS HE HAS !!!!

dose anyone know of any rule or bylaw that can allow this situation to happen legitimately ???

dagunman (Louth) - Posts: 16 - 01/09/2017 14:26:01    2041602

Link

Replying To dagunman:  "trying to get clarity on a very important issue regarding the leagues "official rules".

the rules state that all league matches must be completed before the last league game is played ...the last league game must be played on the same date at the same time for all clubs in each division....

officially the last intermediate league game for all clubs is being played tomorrow 02/09/2017 ...BUT... the "moctas" have still to play in a back fixture league game against the "feckins" ... to my knowledge this game is not played or conceded so how is it possible to play the last game of the league ????....( which could be very important in deciding who gets promoted or relegated... through score difference etc )

rules are put in place to govern competitions to ensure there is no collusion or corruption and to ensure fair play for all participants ....
the CCC are employed to make sure competitions are played to the letter of the rules ....so how have they allowed this incredibly unfair situation to happen....are they just bending the rules to suit themselves....

as fare as i understand it rules cannot be changed by the CCC or ANY ONE PERSON NO MATTER HOW MUCH POWER HE THINKS HE HAS !!!!

dose anyone know of any rule or bylaw that can allow this situation to happen legitimately ???"
The game was conceded

LiathroidiMor (Louth) - Posts: 243 - 01/09/2017 15:32:39    2041630

Link

Just on your topic here. With league rules can someone explain then Newtown blues junior team. How come they can happily not travel to omeath or cooley or lordship for games but expect them to travel up to them. 3-4 times they havnt fielded with what sanctions put on them absolutely nothing. If a team fails to field for more than 3 games they should be automatically relegated

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 126 - 01/09/2017 15:35:57    2041632

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Just on your topic here. With league rules can someone explain then Newtown blues junior team. How come they can happily not travel to omeath or cooley or lordship for games but expect them to travel up to them. 3-4 times they havnt fielded with what sanctions put on them absolutely nothing. If a team fails to field for more than 3 games they should be automatically relegated"
Agree 100%

jolly (Louth) - Posts: 106 - 01/09/2017 15:55:49    2041638

Link

Replying To LiathroidiMor:  "The game was conceded"
that's peculiar because i know the people from st Mochtas as late as yesterday were adamant that they wanted to play the game and not give a walk over....

i wonder when they actually conceded the game or was it decided for them !!!!

dagunman (Louth) - Posts: 16 - 01/09/2017 17:23:16    2041660

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Just on your topic here. With league rules can someone explain then Newtown blues junior team. How come they can happily not travel to omeath or cooley or lordship for games but expect them to travel up to them. 3-4 times they havnt fielded with what sanctions put on them absolutely nothing. If a team fails to field for more than 3 games they should be automatically relegated"
Is there not a fine if teams give a walkover? Maybe I'm wrong.

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 331 - 01/09/2017 23:15:08    2041730

Link

3 games! If you dont turn up for one, you should get a final warning and then if it happens again you should be relegated or thrown out. Relegated automatically probably he beat with option of filling the remaining fixtures.

I've a question on the rules though. If 2 teams finish level it's goes to head to head, and if a draw between them? score difference. But say for example 3 teams finish level but one of the three had beaten the other two in the campaign, what happens? Does it still go to score difference?

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 02/09/2017 09:58:33    2041756

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "3 games! If you dont turn up for one, you should get a final warning and then if it happens again you should be relegated or thrown out. Relegated automatically probably he beat with option of filling the remaining fixtures.

I've a question on the rules though. If 2 teams finish level it's goes to head to head, and if a draw between them? score difference. But say for example 3 teams finish level but one of the three had beaten the other two in the campaign, what happens? Does it still go to score difference?"
I think it's score difference if more than two finish level. However if there are games conceded score differences can't count in deciding who is ahead in level situations. All games have been played so far in Division 1 but there were concessions in the other divisions. Might the Blues throw the game to Mattock to -night and cause more chaos?

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1362 - 02/09/2017 12:55:51    2041789

Link

Replying To jolly:  "Agree 100%"
Brides have just given Roche the points for tonight's game, disgraceful carry on . No respect for any other team involved in the league

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 03/09/2017 12:21:23    2042111

Link

Can someone please explain how the promotion playoffs work in the leagues ?

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 98 - 07/09/2017 22:42:01    2044015

Link

Replying To Red2017:  "Can someone please explain how the promotion playoffs work in the leagues ?"
Teams placed in positions 2nd 3rd & 4th in the lower division enter a 4 way play off with the the team that finished 2nd from bottom in the division above.
Team from the higher division plays 4th
2nd plays 3rd.
The 2 winners play in the play off final. Winner of that game will play in the higher division next season. 3 losing teams will be in the lower division.

Great_Mate (Louth) - Posts: 6 - 08/09/2017 09:10:07    2044053

Link

Replying To Gicker01:  "Brides have just given Roche the points for tonight's game, disgraceful carry on . No respect for any other team involved in the league"
3 games I think they conceded this year.that should be the end of this farce.not good enough.plus take into consideration Roche are playing championship this Sunday and would have wanted a competitive game to play to get prepared

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 08/09/2017 09:22:33    2044059

Link

Division 1/Division 2 Promotion Relegation Playoff:
Blue v Joes
Hunterstown v Finbarrs

Division 2/Division 3 Promotion Relegation Playoff:
Na Piarsaigh v Dunleer
Roche v Kevins

Division 3/Division 4 Promotion Relegation Playoff:
John Mitchells v Gers
Cooley v Marys

Division 4/Division 5 Promotion Relegation Playoff:
Cuchulainn Gaels v Glen Emmets
Joes/Fechins* v O'Mahoneys

*Joes & Fechins in Division 5 Promotion final, loser plays O'Mahoneys at home.

Division 5/Division 6 Promotion Relegation Playoff:
Dundalk YI v Annaghminnon
Kevins v Dowdallshill

sadam (Louth) - Posts: 149 - 08/09/2017 09:31:18    2044061

Link

Cheers !!

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 98 - 08/09/2017 12:20:31    2044142

Link

Replying To LiathroidiMor:  "The game was conceded"
The game was awarded by the CCC to St Fechins - there's a big difference in this than 'conceded'.

I've been told Mochtas offered 7 alternative dates to Fechins for the game to be played and every one of those 7 dates were unsuitable to them, knowing full well that last round had to take place on the 2nd Sept...disgusting attitude and behaviour by the Fechins in my opinion, what ever happened to helping another club fulfil a fixture after suffering an untimely death in their club?

Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of clubs getting relegated or in playoffs but the game should be declared void.

logic2010 (Louth) - Posts: 179 - 16/09/2017 18:21:10    2046477

Link

Replying To logic2010:  "The game was awarded by the CCC to St Fechins - there's a big difference in this than 'conceded'.

I've been told Mochtas offered 7 alternative dates to Fechins for the game to be played and every one of those 7 dates were unsuitable to them, knowing full well that last round had to take place on the 2nd Sept...disgusting attitude and behaviour by the Fechins in my opinion, what ever happened to helping another club fulfil a fixture after suffering an untimely death in their club?

Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of clubs getting relegated or in playoffs but the game should be declared void."
Not the greatest club to accommodate any requests, but find, if true, their actions to be disappointing. Given the circumstances they should have been able to accommodate the request

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 16/09/2017 18:32:42    2046481

Link

Replying To logic2010:  "The game was awarded by the CCC to St Fechins - there's a big difference in this than 'conceded'.

Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of clubs getting relegated or in playoffs but the game should be declared void."
Not the greatest club to accommodate any requests, but find, if true, their actions to be disappointing. Given the circumstances they should have been able to accommodate the request

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 16/09/2017 18:53:29    2046483

Link

Replying To Gicker01:  "Not the greatest club to accommodate any requests, but find, if true, their actions to be disappointing. Given the circumstances they should have been able to accommodate the request"
Fully confirmed - game was never conceded by Mochtas but what could they do when every single date they offered was turned down before final round of fixtures had to be played??

CCC should have stepped in and fixed the fixture as that stage tomensure the integrity of the other teams in the league, mochtas certainly weren't to blame for the incident and concession of game...Fechins need to take a long hard look at themselves.

logic2010 (Louth) - Posts: 179 - 16/09/2017 19:27:53    2046498

Link