Louth Forum

Louth Minor Club Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To in_a_bind:  "I would disagree Sharpey with your "one man team" description. I thought the Martins had very good players at 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 14. Healy on the square was immense. The other younger players were just a small bit light but could play football. I'd expect the Martins will bring through quite a few of those players into senior ranks.

Gers probably shaded it for me because they appeared physically stronger but, giving the conditions, I thought both sides played well.

I hope final is as good as the semi-finals.

Ardee have a good forward line but Cooley choked off supply for large chunks of their semi-final. Gers are in 7th final in 10 years so tradition is on their side. Therefore, I would expect final to be fairly close."
How many of the Marys are minor again next year?

willyacomeon (Louth) - Posts: 44 - 06/10/2017 17:11:35    2053633

Link

Replying To willyacomeon:  "How many of the Marys are minor again next year?"
12 from all the players that where used the last day as far as I know

SM_HG (Louth) - Posts: 35 - 06/10/2017 18:56:25    2053652

Link

We need both these clubs as power bases in the county. Hope they can build on this years minors.
Some years ago Ardee minors were very strong but they had the pick from all clubs in the parish then.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1403 - 06/10/2017 21:16:58    2053669

Link

Gers will run Mary's close, Mary's can be up and down, on paper yes they should walk final, Cooley left semifinal behind them.
Finals you never no, I going with my gut feeling on a All Dundalk win next Sun minor+senior.
Gers/ Gaels.

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 150 - 09/10/2017 13:19:19    2054111

Link

Replying To Redzer_Brown:  "Gers will run Mary's close, Mary's can be up and down, on paper yes they should walk final, Cooley left semifinal behind them.
Finals you never no, I going with my gut feeling on a All Dundalk win next Sun minor+senior.
Gers/ Gaels."
You could be right Redzer_Brown..The Marys were hot favourites in yesterdays U16 final. They were all talking in Ardee of a 3 in a row but as we all know there is no sure thing in a championship final.
Senior final will be very very tight. Hard to call

sharpey (Louth) - Posts: 193 - 09/10/2017 15:18:14    2054152

Link

Replying To sharpey:  "You could be right Redzer_Brown..The Marys were hot favourites in yesterdays U16 final. They were all talking in Ardee of a 3 in a row but as we all know there is no sure thing in a championship final.
Senior final will be very very tight. Hard to call"
Wouldn't agree with saying the Mary's where 'hot favorites' in the u16 final bit of a one man team on Sunday. Their minors have 15 strong players never mind the quality on the bench. Hoping it'll be a classic but I think Mary's fowards are too hot to deal with.

Joey87 (Louth) - Posts: 44 - 10/10/2017 17:11:25    2054474

Link

Replying To Joey87:  "Wouldn't agree with saying the Mary's where 'hot favorites' in the u16 final bit of a one man team on Sunday. Their minors have 15 strong players never mind the quality on the bench. Hoping it'll be a classic but I think Mary's fowards are too hot to deal with."
Agreed, there was only a point or two between themselves and the Fechins earlier in the year!!

SM_HG (Louth) - Posts: 35 - 10/10/2017 17:40:54    2054482

Link