Louth Forum

Louth Minors!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Being honest I think the lads will be lucky to keep the result under a 6 or 7 point beating and that's not running them down just a reality check They got the easy side of the draw And only got 1 and two point wins over Laois Offaly and Wexford . Dublinhad a big win iver Longford but just a few points over Meath and Kildare and yet they destroyed Louth . Kerry minors may not be as physically strong as dublin but in my opinion are a better footballing side and I can only see one result ..... I hope I'm wrong

blueboy (Louth) - Posts: 327 - 03/08/2017 21:42:42    2028637

Link

Replying To blueboy:  "Being honest I think the lads will be lucky to keep the result under a 6 or 7 point beating and that's not running them down just a reality check They got the easy side of the draw And only got 1 and two point wins over Laois Offaly and Wexford . Dublinhad a big win iver Longford but just a few points over Meath and Kildare and yet they destroyed Louth . Kerry minors may not be as physically strong as dublin but in my opinion are a better footballing side and I can only see one result ..... I hope I'm wrong"
Kerry are going for the four in a row. No county has ever won four in a row at Minor so they will be out to make history. It's not the victories against Laois, Offaly and Wexford that impressed me. It was the Wee County's performance. They beat Laois after extra-time by two points. In both matches against Offaly and Wexford they were seven points down and they came back in both matches. In the Wexford match they were leading by five points only for Wexford to come back and level the match. Louth held their nerve to win. I know lads are disappointed with their performance against the Dubs and they will want to put that right against the Kingdom. Louth are in bonus territory now. It's their first time in the All Ireland quarter-finals. They have nothing to lose.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12109 - 04/08/2017 10:17:35    2028782

Link

Lads have nothing to lose, they very disappointed With dub result, but we let them win every kick out an on back foot all the time. Give it a good go, lose we lose, what this bunch has achieved is superb. Their attitude keep battling on.
Fingers crossed for Saturday bring on the kingdom

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 04/08/2017 13:02:31    2028885

Link

Best of luck to the Wee Minors today.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12109 - 05/08/2017 09:25:44    2029189

Link

Good luck lads. It's always great to play Kerry.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1361 - 05/08/2017 11:03:55    2029216

Link

Best of luck lads

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 05/08/2017 11:38:24    2029226

Link

Best of Luck to the Minor Team and Management today

Louth17 (Louth) - Posts: 42 - 05/08/2017 12:18:31    2029237

Link

From the base Louth are coming from which is a very low base, the progress made by Louth minors this year was very good. I can't help but feel tho that as an organisation, Louth GAA are light years behind and that organisation if not radically changed will let these Louth minors and the rest of the playing body in Louth down as they try to develop. Louth can never really look to compete on the big stage until it starts setting the right tone at the very top. Things that need to be put in place to set this tone are 1) A state of the art modern county ground which we can be proud of and young players / club players aspire to play on and supporters really look forward to going to games. 2) Certainty of club fixtures with the playing body including county players playing much more regularly with their clubs. Far to much down time in the club season which does nothing for improving overall standards and in fact results in the opposite. 3) Club coaching at underage level not anywhere near where it needs to be. I know volunteers are doing their best but needs more structure, direction and coordination from the top.

But to finish, great year by all involved in Louth minor setup and this achieved against the odds

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 95 - 06/08/2017 10:29:32    2029650

Link

From the base Louth are coming from which is a very low base, the progress made by Louth minors this year was very good. I can't help but feel tho that as an organisation, Louth GAA are light years behind and that organisation if not radically changed will let these Louth minors and the rest of the playing body in Louth down as they try to develop. Louth can never really look to compete on the big stage until it starts setting the right tone at the very top. Things that need to be put in place to set this tone are 1) A state of the art modern county ground which we can be proud of and young players / club players aspire to play on and supporters really look forward to going to games. 2) Certainty of club fixtures with the playing body including county players playing much more regularly with their clubs. Far to much down time in the club season which does nothing for improving overall standards and in fact results in the opposite. 3) Club coaching at underage level not anywhere near where it needs to be. I know volunteers are doing their best but needs more structure, direction and coordination from the top.

But to finish, great year by all involved in Louth minor setup and this achieved against the odds

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 95 - 06/08/2017 10:29:33    2029651

Link

Red2017, I agree with all of that.

Credit to the management for getting them competitive, organised and winning.

The Laois and Offaly games were exciting matches. Leinster GAA should be ashamed of their fixture scheduling for the Wexford match. Midweek game with those working having no chance of getting there. It was meant to be a cracker too.

But, the physical limitations of the team was exposed by Dublin and Kerry. No shame in that.

I hope that we will see these young lads come through to the senior panel in the coming years.

Well done to all.

in_a_bind (USA) - Posts: 61 - 06/08/2017 16:53:52    2029794

Link

I agree with the previous two posters in what they said. It was a great journey that brought them three great wins. Hopefully a few of them minors can make the step up to senior like Morgan, Callaghan, Keenan and Gallagher. The win down in Wexford was my highlight.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12109 - 09/08/2017 15:45:55    2031645

Link

Kerry minors are awesome as they showed in yesterday's annihilation of Derry by 24 points in the Final. In the whole of this year's campaign no team got closer to them than Louth, who were beaten by a margin of 9. This is something that Wayne and Shane and the whole squad should be very proud of and gives us hope for the future.

PedOGog (Louth) - Posts: 46 - 18/09/2017 15:06:48    2047508

Link

Came up with that stat yesterday myself great achievement, Kerry had not got the big wide space in portloise they had in croker. Dublin would not of beaten us by so much either if on a diff pitch. Croke park is huge players said.
It's lookin like Mary's minor title this year also.
Jocks goin find it very difficult lift their game now after their tragedy in club

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 18/09/2017 15:57:09    2047555

Link