Louth Forum

Division 3 League 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To croker16:  "Yes I agree not a bad idea at all. I like it. That could be a runner. I know this is div 3 based but what's your opinion on the championship structure also? A change need too perhaps?"
The championship structure dosnt worry me too much. I reckon if we sort the leagues out and get all first teams back competing in fair, consistent leagues then they will be better set up to compete come championship. I enjoyed the open draw element this year, fair play to Stabannon for proposing this. I wouldn't be in favour of knee jerk reactions based on poor year, as we said before clubs go through cycles.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 30/08/2017 08:38:44    2040570

Link

Replying To croker16:  "Totally agree with all your points for sure. You make very valid points about it and to be fair you know your stuff...All my question is how can team like Dowaldshill improve when they are getting hammered every game in div 3?? That's all I'm asking? If I was playing football still I wouldn't be able to play every week getting bet by 25 plus points on a weekly basis!

I agree the structures are bad etc but that's he way it is at the minute and until it's changed what can you do?"
That's a hard one to answer without sounding preachy but I think everyone involved knows the answer, you get out what you put in. That dosnt just fall down on the players, in some clubs the players are the hardest workers but are let down by committee in terms of equipment, facilities, management, representation/communication with county board, underage structures etc. and vice versa for other clubs. Obviously when a good group of players and club members come around together, who thrive to work hard to compete and better their communities the results will come. In the meantime lads have to keep pulling on the jerseys or lining the pitch for the pride of their club and community. More often than not this is hard for everyone but we must persevere for the thoughts of the future members of our individual communities / clubs and in respect of the same hard work the people in our communities have done in the past for us.
Ah lord, that's awful preachy for a lad who was never a great footballer or dosnt come from what's seen as a great club (best club around). I can wrap this up by bringing it back to my original point, if we can restructure the leagues so that they are competitive, consistent and fair for every club in the county that's the main thing. I am in favour of the 4 Division suggestion but evening reverting back to the old system would be better than what we currently have. After that there is some things that could be done to our bylaws, at admin level and with coaching that could help improve the standard of football in our county as a whole but they're will be one common denominator with all of this, hard work. I hope you'll keep the shovel tipping for your club Croker.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 30/08/2017 09:33:16    2040596

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "The championship structure dosnt worry me too much. I reckon if we sort the leagues out and get all first teams back competing in fair, consistent leagues then they will be better set up to compete come championship. I enjoyed the open draw element this year, fair play to Stabannon for proposing this. I wouldn't be in favour of knee jerk reactions based on poor year, as we said before clubs go through cycles."
Yeah that's true competitive leagues is what everyone wants to see. I agree with you on the open draw for the 1/4 finals it was good not knowing who was going to play who unlike other years!

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 344 - 30/08/2017 10:35:20    2040627

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "That's a hard one to answer without sounding preachy but I think everyone involved knows the answer, you get out what you put in. That dosnt just fall down on the players, in some clubs the players are the hardest workers but are let down by committee in terms of equipment, facilities, management, representation/communication with county board, underage structures etc. and vice versa for other clubs. Obviously when a good group of players and club members come around together, who thrive to work hard to compete and better their communities the results will come. In the meantime lads have to keep pulling on the jerseys or lining the pitch for the pride of their club and community. More often than not this is hard for everyone but we must persevere for the thoughts of the future members of our individual communities / clubs and in respect of the same hard work the people in our communities have done in the past for us.
Ah lord, that's awful preachy for a lad who was never a great footballer or dosnt come from what's seen as a great club (best club around). I can wrap this up by bringing it back to my original point, if we can restructure the leagues so that they are competitive, consistent and fair for every club in the county that's the main thing. I am in favour of the 4 Division suggestion but evening reverting back to the old system would be better than what we currently have. After that there is some things that could be done to our bylaws, at admin level and with coaching that could help improve the standard of football in our county as a whole but they're will be one common denominator with all of this, hard work. I hope you'll keep the shovel tipping for your club Croker."
Hard to argue with any of those points you made my friend. Very well thought out in fairness. It's hard when only the players are the hardest working in a club. I'm not saying every club is like that but some are. We all want to see our club scene progress and hopefully that will filter to county level. That's our ultimate goal at the end of the day to have a good strong club scene.

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 344 - 30/08/2017 10:40:11    2040630

Link

Brides seconds give roche a walkover on last game of the year. Fair enough they won division 2 yesterday great to see but this is a joke.

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 03/09/2017 12:11:34    2042106

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Brides seconds give roche a walkover on last game of the year. Fair enough they won division 2 yesterday great to see but this is a joke."
Disgraceful and total lack of respect to other teams still involved

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 76 - 03/09/2017 12:32:35    2042115

Link

It is a disgrace but what will the punishment be. Clubs voted this in surely clubs will have to stand up and vote it out this year not have it continue this way for a few years and lose a lot of lads from the game

jayjayc (Louth) - Posts: 29 - 03/09/2017 13:11:54    2042128

Link

it very obvious that they do not want be in division 3 so hey should be allowed go back to division 4 if thats what they want. this is total nonsense what is happening.

gogogaa (Louth) - Posts: 14 - 03/09/2017 14:37:59    2042154

Link

Is it true that the brides gave 4 walkovers in the league if so that's an absolute disgrace. I'm all for making the league more competitive and such but now the mitchels are in a playoff that in theroy they don't deserve to be in. If the county board had any sense the brides should be put down. Everyone is a critic here but say this was the Cuchulainn Gaels or nick's that didn't field for 3 or 4 gameso. Everyone would be out for there blood. Brides r a big club great to see them winnin division 2 but they can't run a second team successfully in division 3

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 03/09/2017 22:30:04    2042356

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Is it true that the brides gave 4 walkovers in the league if so that's an absolute disgrace. I'm all for making the league more competitive and such but now the mitchels are in a playoff that in theroy they don't deserve to be in. If the county board had any sense the brides should be put down. Everyone is a critic here but say this was the Cuchulainn Gaels or nick's that didn't field for 3 or 4 gameso. Everyone would be out for there blood. Brides r a big club great to see them winnin division 2 but they can't run a second team successfully in division 3"
Brides have to be automatically put down and the Mitchels get to stay in division 3.If not it a complete farce

pd73 (Louth) - Posts: 317 - 03/09/2017 22:55:20    2042367

Link

Replying To pd73:  "Brides have to be automatically put down and the Mitchels get to stay in division 3.If not it a complete farce"
agree with all been said, I have also heard from a very good source that the brtides have asked the county board to go back to division 4 as they don't want to be in division 3 and division 1. County board has to do the right thing here. keep mitchells up and allow dowdalshill play the relegation game.

gogogaa (Louth) - Posts: 14 - 04/09/2017 08:00:49    2042411

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Is it true that the brides gave 4 walkovers in the league if so that's an absolute disgrace. I'm all for making the league more competitive and such but now the mitchels are in a playoff that in theroy they don't deserve to be in. If the county board had any sense the brides should be put down. Everyone is a critic here but say this was the Cuchulainn Gaels or nick's that didn't field for 3 or 4 gameso. Everyone would be out for there blood. Brides r a big club great to see them winnin division 2 but they can't run a second team successfully in division 3"
Very true, makes a mockery of clubs that go to the effort of trying to field every game. Also don't forget the other clubs that have handed walkovers to teams as well

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 76 - 04/09/2017 08:05:26    2042412

Link

Lads Totally agree that walk overs should be SUVERELY punished, But In Reality Brides and its unfortunate that brides getting all the stick,They are now in div 1 and that was one of there main aims all year, Its again totally unfair to ask are core group of lads to play a div 3 game 24hrs before or in this case 24hrs after a Div 2 game, Can anyone tell me and it will happen sometime in the future that take st Brides say they were relegated from div 2 can u have 2 teams in div 3?, I Cant understand why they could not leave it Div 4A,B & C and if the nicks wolf tones anniminnion etc choose wat league they want to play.

truelouthfan (Louth) - Posts: 165 - 04/09/2017 12:33:32    2042519

Link

Glad to hear brides asked to be put down, but they should've been anyways
Congrats on winning the league
To the poster who said let weaker clubs pick the league to start from, how would you fill the division 3 places, you would have to have second teams from bigger populated. Clubs, in fairness martins done great job this year.
Also 2 teams from same club can't be in same div.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 04/09/2017 16:48:45    2042611

Link

Roche Emmets 2-5 Na Piarsaigh 0-9
Division 2 football next year for Roche. Congratulations to them. Some reward for a season that promised so much.
This should help them in their quest to win the Junior Championship next year.

Whitey_Toppskin (Louth) - Posts: 60 - 22/09/2017 09:28:11    2049246

Link

Replying To Whitey_Toppskin:  "Roche Emmets 2-5 Na Piarsaigh 0-9
Division 2 football next year for Roche. Congratulations to them. Some reward for a season that promised so much.
This should help them in their quest to win the Junior Championship next year."
Bit of an anti climax though. going up through a playoff. No trophy won..They will be back down next year

sharpey (Louth) - Posts: 193 - 22/09/2017 15:39:12    2049378

Link

Replying To sharpey:  "Bit of an anti climax though. going up through a playoff. No trophy won..They will be back down next year"
Bit harsh, I'd say their main goal at the start of the year was to be playing Division 2 next year so job done well done. The only thing that separated Glyde and Roche in the league this year was the Jocks. The Jocks team that bet Roche was stronger than the one that faced Glyde and most of the other division 3 teams throughout the year. With a few players on the field who will be featuring in the SFC semi next weekend. So if the fixtures had to have fell the other way round and the jocks had to have been resting lads on the Roche night and not on the Glyde night, Roche would have topped the league. If the older members of the Roche panel stick around long enough to let their good underage structure bear fruit then I imagine they will be an intermediate team in the years to come.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 23/09/2017 10:08:08    2049521

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Bit harsh, I'd say their main goal at the start of the year was to be playing Division 2 next year so job done well done. The only thing that separated Glyde and Roche in the league this year was the Jocks. The Jocks team that bet Roche was stronger than the one that faced Glyde and most of the other division 3 teams throughout the year. With a few players on the field who will be featuring in the SFC semi next weekend. So if the fixtures had to have fell the other way round and the jocks had to have been resting lads on the Roche night and not on the Glyde night, Roche would have topped the league. If the older members of the Roche panel stick around long enough to let their good underage structure bear fruit then I imagine they will be an intermediate team in the years to come."
I don't think if the roles were reversed that Glyde would have been beaten by the Martins. Too much experience coupled will their ruthless streak would have seen them over the line.

breakingball22 (Louth) - Posts: 401 - 23/09/2017 11:00:15    2049537

Link

Replying To breakingball22:  "I don't think if the roles were reversed that Glyde would have been beaten by the Martins. Too much experience coupled will their ruthless streak would have seen them over the line."
Really you don't think cause Roche have similar experience in Kevin Callaghan, O'Hare, Quigley and O'Connell having being involved with grades of intercounty teams over the years. They also have a Louth minor who's a nice footballer. Throw in the Cartys and other lads I'd definitely call them an experienced team. Roche also had a greater points difference across the league so if anything they are more rootless. They took a speed hobble this year after having the foot to the floor all year. This culminated in a catatonic display against Glyde in the JFC Semi final but to their credit they regrouped and gained promotion via the hard road. Let's face it if any junior team has to go up against senior footballers it's a pointless competition.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 23/09/2017 13:13:39    2049568

Link