Louth Forum

Division 2 League 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Frederick:  "people very ill informed here.
Mochtas did not give walkover.
I cant remember why original game was refixed but it couldnt be played the weekend gone by as a member of their junior winning team that also got to leinster junior final passed away and was buried on sat(RIP). and theyve championship against collon this weekend so they couldnt play during this week or would be very unfair to ask them to."
Completely agree. Serious lack of respect from those who decide the fixtures. I understand that nobody wants to see the seaason finished unnecessarily late but can we not use common sense sometimes and realise that there are more important things at work. The game was originally fixed for Saturday or Sunday I think but could not be played due to the bereavement. Refixing it for Tuesday means that the Mocs have to play on Tuesday and use most of Thursdays session recovering. Poor preparation for a Championship QF wouldn't you say? Bit of cop on and play the game some other time I think.

breakingball22 (Louth) - Posts: 394 - 18/08/2017 10:39:38    2035027

Link

Last round of games and still plenty to play for! Naps or dyi to get relegated with the other one to go to the division 3 playoff! Can the naps pull another survival miracle out of the bag!

I think the playoffs are sorted at the top with the Joes hunterstown and probably barrs who have a chance of winning the league! They nearly got relegated last year in the playoff! Surely the brides will keep their foot on the gas and be too strong for them....but who knows!!

Lineballref (Louth) - Posts: 30 - 28/08/2017 18:14:55    2039508

Link

Won't matter who finished bottom in this division cause both young Ireland's and na piarsaigh will be playing div 3 next year,Roche will easily beat either of these in a playoff.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 28/08/2017 20:13:17    2039587

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Won't matter who finished bottom in this division cause both young Ireland's and na piarsaigh will be playing div 3 next year,Roche will easily beat either of these in a playoff."
It's a few years since the division 3 team bet the division 2 team in this playoff! It's a big step! Everyone thought Roche would walk the playoff final last year and they lost! It will be a dog fight with not much between them!

Lineballref (Louth) - Posts: 30 - 28/08/2017 21:05:59    2039614

Link

Yea I'd fancy DYI to go down but not so much naps, it'll be a close game with them, they tend to be dogged. Don't be surprised to see Kevin's bet this weekend and beat naps and Roche v Kevin's in promotion decider.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 29/08/2017 02:44:58    2039778

Link

Yea hunterstown, Joes should beat mochtas with nothing to play for although look at barrs, that could have been costly.joes hunts and losers of other game. It will be tight brides wil not fancy going to togher, big home crowd should be there and they'll be dreaming of a double.
I do think brides will get the result required to go up. It's a joke what's happening with their team in div 3 though.
Play offs be interesting. If blues are ther you'd expect them to stay up. Gers could play Joes twice in two weeks also.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 29/08/2017 02:51:20    2039781

Link

Replying To Lineballref:  "It's a few years since the division 3 team bet the division 2 team in this playoff! It's a big step! Everyone thought Roche would walk the playoff final last year and they lost! It will be a dog fight with not much between them!"
Big difference between the finbarrs and young Ireland's or na piarsaigh they've both been terrible all year!! Roche are way better.

gooch13 (Louth) - Posts: 656 - 29/08/2017 06:58:16    2039793

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Big difference between the finbarrs and young Ireland's or na piarsaigh they've both been terrible all year!! Roche are way better."
Is this the same Roche that lost to the Martins B team?.

LiathroidiMor (Louth) - Posts: 243 - 29/08/2017 10:13:18    2039886

Link

Be an interesting weekend, Irelanders may get result at the Fechins and Na Piarsaigh could get a result at the O'Connells. So its still very hard to call. I see Na Piarsaigh have given the O'Mahoneys a walk over in Division 5 tonight obviously resting their players for the weekend.

gaellu (Louth) - Posts: 182 - 29/08/2017 10:20:06    2039894

Link

Replying To gooch13:  "Big difference between the finbarrs and young Ireland's or na piarsaigh they've both been terrible all year!! Roche are way better."
Big difference between div 2 and 3 too! Roche are playing well, but against much weaker teams.

Naps but up a big score against the Fechins in the relegation playoff, and I'd expect DYI to have a few players back by the time the playoff comes around (if they get in to it).

I can see it being a very close game.

redz (Louth) - Posts: 35 - 29/08/2017 10:22:27    2039898

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Yea hunterstown, Joes should beat mochtas with nothing to play for although look at barrs, that could have been costly.joes hunts and losers of other game. It will be tight brides wil not fancy going to togher, big home crowd should be there and they'll be dreaming of a double.
I do think brides will get the result required to go up. It's a joke what's happening with their team in div 3 though.
Play offs be interesting. If blues are ther you'd expect them to stay up. Gers could play Joes twice in two weeks also."
Frederick wat do u mean it a joke wat happening there division 3 team?

truelouthfan (Louth) - Posts: 165 - 29/08/2017 14:35:43    2040113

Link

Replying To truelouthfan:  "Frederick wat do u mean it a joke wat happening there division 3 team?"
Giving walkovers. Obviously putting all their resources into the 1st team at the min. But earlier they were fielding a decent second string and got enough points to stay up and now they are forfeiting games with no punishment.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 29/08/2017 17:04:28    2040248

Link

Play off final between div2/3 been a close game last few years I believe, didn't glens and plunketts play 2 years ago and then Roche lost out last year, always tighter than it may seem on paper !

Louthforsam (Louth) - Posts: 57 - 30/08/2017 14:04:31    2040743

Link

Roche and the Barrs was close alright last year 1-11 to 0-12 if memory serves me right. Roche had a bad day at the office and ended up fighting with each other. They look alot more together this year and are racking up outrageous scores. While the Barrs are competing to win Div 2 outright and are still in contention for senior championship. Maybe there is not be that big of a skill gap between Div 3 and 2

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 30/08/2017 18:01:38    2040841

Link