Limerick Forum

Mcgrath Cup 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Great win and confidence boost for the footballers and you know what a nice medal for each of them to win especially since we don't win much silverware in football. Our lads should target a league title too another trophy for their efforts. We scored some beautiful points Danny Neville showing his talents, Seamus O'Carroll gave his man a real head-ache for the full match, Iain Corbett has grown into a real leader marking Ciaran Sheehan who is just back from Aussie rules having to be substituted. I was really impressed with Brian Fanning, Michael Donovan and Robert Childs too, something I wanted in the last few seasons was a strong midfield now with Tommy Childs, Tommy Griffin, Josh Ryan and Adrian Enright we look good in that department also If I was Billy Lee I ask Darragh Treacy to reconsider opting out for this season, he would be a good addition to have back.
There has being a massive improvement from what I saw against Westmeath last June, if we could get Jim Liston, Colm McSweeney, Stephen Cahill, Paul White, Killian Ryan and Cian Sheehan added to the panel it would strengthen the team further.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 601 - 14/01/2020 11:27:10    2259671

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "Great win and confidence boost for the footballers and you know what a nice medal for each of them to win especially since we don't win much silverware in football. Our lads should target a league title too another trophy for their efforts. We scored some beautiful points Danny Neville showing his talents, Seamus O'Carroll gave his man a real head-ache for the full match, Iain Corbett has grown into a real leader marking Ciaran Sheehan who is just back from Aussie rules having to be substituted. I was really impressed with Brian Fanning, Michael Donovan and Robert Childs too, something I wanted in the last few seasons was a strong midfield now with Tommy Childs, Tommy Griffin, Josh Ryan and Adrian Enright we look good in that department also If I was Billy Lee I ask Darragh Treacy to reconsider opting out for this season, he would be a good addition to have back.
There has being a massive improvement from what I saw against Westmeath last June, if we could get Jim Liston, Colm McSweeney, Stephen Cahill, Paul White, Killian Ryan and Cian Sheehan added to the panel it would strengthen the team further."
2 things I forgot to mention in my last post. I was delighted to see John Kiely running over to congratulate Billy Lee after the football match last Saturday fair play to him,it was nice to see. Second I must give credit where credit is due to the GAA I often criticise their ticket fees for games, but E15 for both games last Saturday was great value for money, i would like to see a few more double headers during the league.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 601 - 14/01/2020 15:48:30    2259730

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "2 things I forgot to mention in my last post. I was delighted to see John Kiely running over to congratulate Billy Lee after the football match last Saturday fair play to him,it was nice to see. Second I must give credit where credit is due to the GAA I often criticise their ticket fees for games, but E15 for both games last Saturday was great value for money, i would like to see a few more double headers during the league."
Seems to be alot less double headers in the last few years or maybe that's just my imagination

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 896 - 14/01/2020 20:21:47    2259807

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "2 things I forgot to mention in my last post. I was delighted to see John Kiely running over to congratulate Billy Lee after the football match last Saturday fair play to him,it was nice to see. Second I must give credit where credit is due to the GAA I often criticise their ticket fees for games, but E15 for both games last Saturday was great value for money, i would like to see a few more double headers during the league."
No double headers in the league this year, the only day both teams are at home footballers are playing London in Kilmallock and hurlers in the Gaelic Grounds v Galway. Could have easily had a double header that day. On at 12 and 2 so can't even go to both really

Alexis (Limerick) - Posts: 108 - 15/01/2020 13:27:57    2259976

Link

Replying To Alexis:  "No double headers in the league this year, the only day both teams are at home footballers are playing London in Kilmallock and hurlers in the Gaelic Grounds v Galway. Could have easily had a double header that day. On at 12 and 2 so can't even go to both really"
I'm sure it would have been much easier for the London lads too

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 896 - 15/01/2020 19:10:40    2260064

Link

Best of luck to Limerick footballers tomorrow evening against Waterford,would be nice to get a win and a good start in the league!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 395 - 24/01/2020 22:15:01    2262024

Link

Replying To ONdeDITCH:  "Best of luck to Limerick footballers tomorrow evening against Waterford,would be nice to get a win and a good start in the league!"
Another good win! Getting promotion will depend on getting points like this in tough away venues like Dungarvan.

football first (None) - Posts: 1145 - 25/01/2020 21:42:03    2262287

Link

Job done. first game is about dogging out a result. Espeically this time of year on the heavy pitches.

hamsterdean (Limerick) - Posts: 189 - 27/01/2020 11:33:54    2262836

Link

Replying To hamsterdean:  "Job done. first game is about dogging out a result. Espeically this time of year on the heavy pitches."
Where are you really from HD?
Too many people setting up fake usernames to get involved in rubbish arguments on the National forum.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 892 - 27/01/2020 15:36:08    2262932

Link

Replying To football first:  "Another good win! Getting promotion will depend on getting points like this in tough away venues like Dungarvan."
Tough away venues like Dungarvan is stretching things, this was on paper the easiest away game.
Away to Antrim -Carlow & Sligo will be the real tests and the 3 home games v London,Wexford & Wicklow are must wins to get out of Division 4.

OpenStand (Limerick) - Posts: 230 - 27/01/2020 15:53:43    2262940

Link

There's a Limerick Football thread opened here now!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 395 - 27/01/2020 21:14:57    2263040

Link