Leitrim Forum

Leitrim U-20'S

(Oldest Posts First)

Does anyone know if the sligo game has been rescheduled , and I am just wondering where lecturer250 has gone this year , reading back the forum after every game last year including the Roscommon game he lambasted the management for poorly prepared players ( the only team we have had in last 10 years to have a real go at rossies ) , Obviously lecturer250 had a hidden agenda . This year so far the u-20's have been humiliated in 2 games with players leaving the set up and not a word ... so if lecturer250 is indeed a concerned supporter why now all the silence ... obviously using this as a platform for his own gain within the county ... you reap what u sow , majority of those players are underage again so where is the progression. I was told Terry Hyland is named manager is this true ? Is he on sideline for them and why is this going so unnoticed after all the negative comments last year when we were at least competitive in all games

Peircep (UK) - Posts: 13 - 24/01/2020 10:43:02    2261896

Link

Semi final this weekend against Galway. Any updates on team, chances etc

creelhim (Leitrim) - Posts: 2 - 11/02/2020 15:27:02    2267078

Link

Very poor today against Galway, looked like managenent had decided we could not win it, so played very defensive...thus the few times we did get the ball up to Oisin, he had no support, we were cleaned out at midfield yet noghing was done to rectify this.....Donal Casey was outstanding, but overall it was a bad day

lonelylad (Leitrim) - Posts: 17 - 22/02/2020 20:10:14    2269063

Link

Replying To lonelylad:  "Very poor today against Galway, looked like managenent had decided we could not win it, so played very defensive...thus the few times we did get the ball up to Oisin, he had no support, we were cleaned out at midfield yet noghing was done to rectify this.....Donal Casey was outstanding, but overall it was a bad day"
Cheers for the sum up. I was enroute to it last week driving like a mad man in desperate weather when it was called off at the 11th hour... and I thought of young lads who would have left west galway early that morning.
Disappointing result..especially the choice of defensive play. Hope we right things tomorrow

Mugatay (Leitrim) - Posts: 84 - 22/02/2020 20:49:13    2269077

Link

Would have to again question progression at underage level, investment in underage and a lot of other things. If they never trained and just played the fixture they couldn't do any worse.
What have our 3 full time coaches added to this set up and what exactly are they doing? Are we anymore competitive now than we were 5 years ago at any level?

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 291 - 24/02/2020 07:46:11    2269564

Link

Feeble excuses trotted out for this performance. This team had plenty of talent but weren't given the backing and this result was inevitable. I don't blame the players one bit. It was obvious what the mindset was. Get it over with and spin the same auld bull to the observer. Fail to prepare.....

ThePowerhouse (Leitrim) - Posts: 24 - 26/02/2020 14:41:20    2270319

Link