Ladies Forum

How much of 250k do we get

(Oldest Posts First)

I am just wondering how muck of 250k will go to ladies football/hurling. I think we should get our own national stadium developed for ladies games.

bluearmy (Dublin) - 19/02/2010 15:24:25    567092

Link

I think in fairness when certain county teams are having to pay to keep the team going, a portion of 250k could be better spent than on a national stadium.

Maroonie (Westmeath) - 03/03/2010 12:45:48    577863

Link

Ladies football should do a deal with the IRFU & FAI to have their finals played at the AVIVA Stadium.

Atmosphere would be much better with 25,000 in a 50K capacity stadium rather than same amount in a 85K stadium. The crowd would be bigger also as extra people would go for the novelty of seeing the new stadium.

Yes the pitch size would be smaller but ladies football should be played on a smaller pitch anyway.

dingle1 (Clare) - 05/03/2010 09:55:12    579748

Link

I agree with you Dingle 1 Ladies finals would be way better at the AVIVA stadium, the only worry is the size of the pitch, width would be fine, but length is quite a bit below the minimum, I am sure IRFU or FAI would not charge nearly as much as what GAA charge.

arranbanner (Galway) - 05/03/2010 11:11:12    579815

Link

It would be crazy to move to AVIVA stadium. The pitch was designed NOT to accommodate Gaelic games (the old "ban" in reverse) so would be way too small for ladies football and camogie. Anyhow, the FAI and IRFU would probably charge a fortune for access. Why leave the best stadium in the country for one with no history or relevance to our games? We might as well play the all-ireland final in Tallaght stadium altogether...

football first (None) - 09/03/2010 09:16:58    582824

Link

Every Player dreams of playing in Croke park... Givin the chance you couldnt take that away from them! Its not every year most teams get as far as the Final.

Final_Whistle (Donegal) - 25/04/2010 11:52:13    628285

Link

No way should the finals be moved to the Aviva stadium, I think more games should be played in Croker. I know it's disheartening being in a stadium so empty but its a huge deal playing in Croker and so few girls get the chance.

Fotball (Wicklow) - 10/05/2010 17:50:51    642888

Link

well i think county ladies should be allowed to play on there own county feild! in our part of the wods, we dont :(
things need to be sorted!

The_Dude (Down) - 24/05/2010 19:07:29    657112

Link

Why would ye want a national stadium when ye wouldnt fill half a stand in croke park on final day, would ye be realistic, ya cant build a national stadium when the crowds dont follow, it makes no sense. I think the all ireland final should be in some place like banagher where there is a small stand that will be filled by the supporters. Having it in croke park just because men do kills the atmosphere, the place does be empty.

inoyerright (Tipperary) - 01/10/2010 13:03:39    788252

Link

Ask any of the girls that has played there if they would change where the game was played, i dont think they would change one minute of there time in croke park. Playing in an empty croke is better than playing in any soccer or rugby pitch. When you start playing football and watching all irelands men or ladies you dream of playing in the head quarters and i think if that is taking away from the ladies its a massive step back.

MrGAA1 (Donegal) - 14/10/2010 17:29:43    796724

Link

MrGAA1, I think if you are going to promote ladies, the first thing we need to do is create an atmosphere at games and there never is one. Playing in croker is only a way of trying to keep on a par with men and this is exactly what is killing the game. The goals need to be made smaller too as the game looks rediculous when we see balls going in over ladies heads from 40 yards. I think ladies should also wear the new style tight fit gear like men do, all this promotes the game. Overall, the pitches need to be made samller and the grounds, biggest ground on offer should be max 10 thousand. Women have to realise that their sports will always be at a smaller scale and realising this in the long run will lead to promoting the game, it will cut its links with feminism

mmmmmmmm (Galway) - 15/10/2010 09:21:25    797020

Link