Kerry Forum

Kerry Juniors 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Well, i know we have a big match in 2 weeks time to worry about first but, i was looking over the Kerry Junior Teams of past few Years. 4 of the starting team (Morley, Foley, Crowley and Adrian Spillane) and one of subs (Killian) on Sunday played in and won All Ireland Junior Teams in past few years. It shows that it is a very productive stepping stone to the senior team and fair play to Kerry GAA for treating the competition and teams seriously.

So next Years Junior Team should be very important to bring on young players, who should we be expecting to be on it and using the competition as a spring board ?

John Mark Foley and Donal O'Sullivan from Kilgarvan spring to mind for me.........

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 66 - 04/09/2019 19:50:06    2232858

Link

We have to give a lot of credit here to both Tim Murphy and Pat Sullivan. A conscious decision was made for the juniors to be an U23 team therefore bridging the game between minor, U20 and Senior by Sullivan.

In fairness our current chair has seen the benefits and carried on the set up. Liam Kearney, Mike Breen etc are others like Barry Mahoney can excel with the juniors and progress both S&C wise and developed into intercounty set ups.

Picking the correct Junior and U20 is imperative in this regard.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 04/09/2019 20:42:56    2232870

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "Well, i know we have a big match in 2 weeks time to worry about first but, i was looking over the Kerry Junior Teams of past few Years. 4 of the starting team (Morley, Foley, Crowley and Adrian Spillane) and one of subs (Killian) on Sunday played in and won All Ireland Junior Teams in past few years. It shows that it is a very productive stepping stone to the senior team and fair play to Kerry GAA for treating the competition and teams seriously.

So next Years Junior Team should be very important to bring on young players, who should we be expecting to be on it and using the competition as a spring board ?

John Mark Foley and Donal O'Sullivan from Kilgarvan spring to mind for me........."
Niall Donoghue, Paul O Shea ,Sean O Leary , other Ò Beaglaíoch Adam O Donoghue minor goalie of this year some of potential players

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 04/09/2019 21:10:04    2232874

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Niall Donoghue, Paul O Shea ,Sean O Leary , other Ò Beaglaíoch Adam O Donoghue minor goalie of this year some of potential players"
The problem with the likes of Paul O'Shea, Ruaidhri O'Beaglaoich, Devon Burns, Donal O'Sullivan etc. is that all of them will be involved with the u20s and both competitions run around the same time. John Mark Foley was on the junior team that won our 5th title in a row this year. He is probably the most promising player from this year Juniors along with maybe Mike Breen.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 514 - 05/09/2019 18:11:02    2233114

Link

ITT have just announced Star will join them as joint manager for next year's Sigerson Cup campaign

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5563 - 05/09/2019 20:13:09    2233136

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "The problem with the likes of Paul O'Shea, Ruaidhri O'Beaglaoich, Devon Burns, Donal O'Sullivan etc. is that all of them will be involved with the u20s and both competitions run around the same time. John Mark Foley was on the junior team that won our 5th title in a row this year. He is probably the most promising player from this year Juniors along with maybe Mike Breen."
John Mark foley was really promising at minors, heard he had a pile of injuries, hope he's in training with the senior squad as we need to develop a few midfield options.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11004 - 05/09/2019 21:10:03    2233149

Link

For second Thursday in a row I have watched a Feale Rangers team decimated in a county championship game this time U20 East Kerry tore them asunder With exception of Barry O Mahony Feale Rangers did not seem to have another player approximating county standard Dara Lyne looks a good prospect good hands good vision Gemill or is it Gamill, his Legion club mate at centre back very good size again an issue but he is courageous and intelligent Quite frankly football seems dead north of Tralee. East Kerry drawing on those wonderful St Brendan's Hogan Cup teams have cornered underage football I was told tonight to watch out for a young lad named Talbot from Fossa Paul,O'Shea, Daragh Rahilly and young O Grady were others to impress but the poverty of the opposition tempers the judgement

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 05/09/2019 22:25:17    2233163

Link

I tipped Quirke for the role of Junior coach a few pages back- good luck to him in Laois but a serious loss to Kerry. Hope he gains experience up there but being a Kerry GDA is working for Laois a conflict of interest.

Leinster championship will be interesting, Quirke, Paul and Jack all coaching teams

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 12/09/2019 23:01:23    2234901

Link

Lads has this managerial role been settled yet for 2020

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 30/09/2019 22:38:23    2240477

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads has this managerial role been settled yet for 2020"
I the county board are meeting this month to put forward nominations for our juniors and U20s managerial vacancies horse.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11004 - 01/10/2019 09:43:30    2240531

Link