Kerry Forum

Club Championchips

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "How is Barry Mahoney getting on Kerry 15?"
I think he means competing for a place on the panel / squad....thankfully the Kerry forwards can nearly pick itself for next few years... Stephen O Brien, Sean O'Shea, Paul Geaney and David Clifford are dead carts....should be serious competition between a lot of lads for the two spots....
I tell you what.... with the advanced mark rule coming could we see a return of a certain "Star"from Tralee.... it was like the rule was made for him.....

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 66 - 18/11/2019 12:46:16    2250127

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "I think he means competing for a place on the panel / squad....thankfully the Kerry forwards can nearly pick itself for next few years... Stephen O Brien, Sean O'Shea, Paul Geaney and David Clifford are dead carts....should be serious competition between a lot of lads for the two spots....
I tell you what.... with the advanced mark rule coming could we see a return of a certain "Star"from Tralee.... it was like the rule was made for him....."
I don't know about Star coming back to be honest, I was listening to bits of their game yesterday and Star seemed to be breaking a lot of ball.

I hope Brosnan and Paud Clifford get a shot at the league, PK will have a full deck to deal with for the league 2020.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 11004 - 18/11/2019 14:36:54    2250162

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "I think he means competing for a place on the panel / squad....thankfully the Kerry forwards can nearly pick itself for next few years... Stephen O Brien, Sean O'Shea, Paul Geaney and David Clifford are dead carts....should be serious competition between a lot of lads for the two spots....
I tell you what.... with the advanced mark rule coming could we see a return of a certain "Star"from Tralee.... it was like the rule was made for him....."
From what I'm hearing from a few Stacks men Star is lucky to be starting for Stacks these days.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 514 - 18/11/2019 18:48:14    2250221

Link

Ah lads and no offense but we have to be looking forward and definitely not backwards, any player that walks away and was struggling a bit before departing cannot be a realistic contender for a comeback, not the way the game has gone over the last few years.

We have a savage forward line and the offensive mark is a mark, the ball or catch doesn't have to be up high, or the spectacular catch. He have physical ball winners, DC, Geaney, Seanie etc are all ball winners and can win independent ball - the key is the ball in, we have to work and perfect this from our perspective.

From.a defensive point of view we have have to get our forwards and midfielders to position themselves in a position that puts the opposition under pressure kicking the ball in.

It's about getting the balance right and playing to our strengths

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 18/11/2019 19:47:20    2250234

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ah lads and no offense but we have to be looking forward and definitely not backwards, any player that walks away and was struggling a bit before departing cannot be a realistic contender for a comeback, not the way the game has gone over the last few years.

We have a savage forward line and the offensive mark is a mark, the ball or catch doesn't have to be up high, or the spectacular catch. He have physical ball winners, DC, Geaney, Seanie etc are all ball winners and can win independent ball - the key is the ball in, we have to work and perfect this from our perspective.

From.a defensive point of view we have have to get our forwards and midfielders to position themselves in a position that puts the opposition under pressure kicking the ball in.

It's about getting the balance right and playing to our strengths"
Could you imagine if we still had galvin and darragh picking passes for us next year.

gallarus14 (Kerry) - Posts: 117 - 18/11/2019 20:58:56    2250241

Link

Can you imagine Darragh with the midfield mark and Tommy and Donaghy with the offensive Mark

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 18/11/2019 22:34:02    2250251

Link

Sorry lads was away last few days. Very poor showing by Stacks. Not that fair on them sitting around wondering if they were going to play or not. Nemo showed very well regardless. Don't know how far they will fair against rest of teams left. Who do Nemo play now, is it Connacht champs or what?

NorthKerryMan (USA) - Posts: 22 - 19/11/2019 11:51:06    2250309

Link

Replying To NorthKerryMan:  "Sorry lads was away last few days. Very poor showing by Stacks. Not that fair on them sitting around wondering if they were going to play or not. Nemo showed very well regardless. Don't know how far they will fair against rest of teams left. Who do Nemo play now, is it Connacht champs or what?"
Totally forgot about Clonmel lads, jumped the gun on that one.

NorthKerryMan (USA) - Posts: 22 - 19/11/2019 11:57:16    2250311

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Can you imagine Darragh with the midfield mark and Tommy and Donaghy with the offensive Mark"
Yeah that would be unreal, darragh could have used that mark back in the 00s

gallarus14 (Kerry) - Posts: 117 - 19/11/2019 20:04:06    2250391

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well Horse so realistically it will be BallyD and Senan's semi so and you would think that's the real NK final for 2019.
Are Desmonds doing much?"
Well trimmed today Hermit, can have no complaints what so ever, Tarbert by far the better side, looked fresh , hungry and eager unlike us who looked aged and had mileage up on the legs.

Well now so it's Senans vs Tarbert and Brosna and Ballyduff. At this stage I wouldn't hazard a guess, gotta love NK for the sheer inconsistency and unpredictability of it. On any given day the long grass can shuffle with the waiting team and were the bookies can be stung by the underdog.

Best to luck to Tarbert, it would be great to see a change of the guard

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 23/11/2019 16:57:35    2251003

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Well trimmed today Hermit, can have no complaints what so ever, Tarbert by far the better side, looked fresh , hungry and eager unlike us who looked aged and had mileage up on the legs.

Well now so it's Senans vs Tarbert and Brosna and Ballyduff. At this stage I wouldn't hazard a guess, gotta love NK for the sheer inconsistency and unpredictability of it. On any given day the long grass can shuffle with the waiting team and were the bookies can be stung by the underdog.

Best to luck to Tarbert, it would be great to see a change of the guard"
Brosna and BallyD have to do it all again Horse, surprised by the Tarbert result, I heard it wasn't a great game. They'll be a tough challenge for Senan's now in 2 weeks.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5563 - 24/11/2019 20:05:31    2251169

Link

Didn't make it Hermit to either game, my brother in law was there he wasn't too complimentary to our esteemed NK board, no scoreboard working and then no adequate team sheets available for either game, he did say that the game today was exiting but hard to call the replay winners. Tarbert have been bubbling and have added a few from their underage ranks, Mike Heaphy is a fine solid centre back at 20 odd years as is young Langan on the wing. They have a nice blend and will give Senans enough of it and wouldn't bet against them.

I talk it both semi finals will be next weekend with one Sat and one Sunday. I wish the board would play a doubleheader and make one good evening if it and get the venue and match accessories right.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4635 - 24/11/2019 21:22:58    2251189

Link