Kerry Forum

Rules and ref's

(Oldest Posts First)

So lads what do ye think of nobody having to answer for their actions in the AI final and at the same time Daren O'Sullivan gets a one match ban because he questioned why he was wrongfully been given a black card and neither the ref or the lines -man would answer him. I know been a ref is not an easy job but they make some serious blunders that can have big effects on games.

keepthemout (Kerry) - Posts: 34 - 27/09/2017 19:45:43    2051136

Link

Replying To MikeOConnor:  "So lads what do ye think of nobody having to answer for their actions in the AI final and at the same time Daren O'Sullivan gets a one match ban because he questioned why he was wrongfully been given a black card and neither the ref or the lines -man would answer him. I know been a ref is not an easy job but they make some serious blunders that can have big effects on games."
Ya mike I'm not one bit surprised to be honest, it's so easy for refs to feck us over coz nobody really likes bar a few here and there.

And poor darran took the brunt of someone else's foul.

And the GAA were never going to take action on the dubs players after they left James McCarthy Philip McMahon and McCauley away with the thuggery in the league final .

Not surprised at all.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7696 - 27/09/2017 22:33:33    2051188

Link

Replying To MikeOConnor:  "So lads what do ye think of nobody having to answer for their actions in the AI final and at the same time Daren O'Sullivan gets a one match ban because he questioned why he was wrongfully been given a black card and neither the ref or the lines -man would answer him. I know been a ref is not an easy job but they make some serious blunders that can have big effects on games."
If I was the CB I'd be telling Croke Park in no uncertain terms that if Gough is ever put on a Kerry match again, they'll be no team in green and gold out on the pitch.

Dublin are the darlings at the moment and they can do no wrong, even though they have engaged in behavior in major games that puts the Tyrone lads of the 2000s in the shade.

But with 20,000 on the Hill baying for your blood, what ref will stand up to it?

For the foreseeable future when we take the field against Dublin we will be playing them and the match officials.

Such is life, we will just have to get on with it.

Hopefully we will resist the temptation to descend to that level ourselves, although there has been a couple of incidents recently that I do not like to see from Kerry - Donaghy at the end of Mayo game being one. But then again that was a lose of temper more than a premeditated act.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 3935 - 28/09/2017 14:34:16    2051363

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "If I was the CB I'd be telling Croke Park in no uncertain terms that if Gough is ever put on a Kerry match again, they'll be no team in green and gold out on the pitch.

Dublin are the darlings at the moment and they can do no wrong, even though they have engaged in behavior in major games that puts the Tyrone lads of the 2000s in the shade.

But with 20,000 on the Hill baying for your blood, what ref will stand up to it?

For the foreseeable future when we take the field against Dublin we will be playing them and the match officials.

Such is life, we will just have to get on with it.

Hopefully we will resist the temptation to descend to that level ourselves, although there has been a couple of incidents recently that I do not like to see from Kerry - Donaghy at the end of Mayo game being one. But then again that was a lose of temper more than a premeditated act."
Unfortunately I have to agree Hermit regarding the ref's and I totally agree it should be Kerry men going out playing Kerry football, that's what happened in the replay against Mayo EF totally undermined the confidence of the players in what he did which was clearly seen by the keepers kick over the end line. All he had to was tell the players that they knew they let themselves down the first day and to go out and redeem themselves playing Kerry football and let Mayo worry about us, after all we played well below ourselves the first day yet it was Mayo who had to get the equalizing score, and give them 15 to 20 minutes to prove themselves I think Mayo were delighted saying (Jesus) their afraid of us and totally boosting Mayo's confidence.

keepthemout (Kerry) - Posts: 34 - 28/09/2017 16:56:57    2051403

Link

Lads when the county board .hadn't the balls to stand up for Paul Galvin in 2008 and Tomas and Paul again in 2010 when serving unbalanced suspensions well then I cannot see them suddenly stepping up to the mark and suddenly sticking up for the players - as bad a state as Cork football is in Frank Murphy would move heaven and earth to get the best for his players - surprisingly enough and I'm open to correction here - has any Up and coming Cork player been 'poached' by Uncle Tadgh

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 3394 - 28/09/2017 21:07:13    2051485

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads when the county board .hadn't the balls to stand up for Paul Galvin in 2008 and Tomas and Paul again in 2010 when serving unbalanced suspensions well then I cannot see them suddenly stepping up to the mark and suddenly sticking up for the players - as bad a state as Cork football is in Frank Murphy would move heaven and earth to get the best for his players - surprisingly enough and I'm open to correction here - has any Up and coming Cork player been 'poached' by Uncle Tadgh"
That's true horse, considering our standing in the GAA community we are poorly represented by our county board outside the county.

I see uncle Tadhg is after getting a job with the swans , hopefully that'll keep him away from our prised assets.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7696 - 28/09/2017 22:33:09    2051514

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads when the county board .hadn't the balls to stand up for Paul Galvin in 2008 and Tomas and Paul again in 2010 when serving unbalanced suspensions well then I cannot see them suddenly stepping up to the mark and suddenly sticking up for the players - as bad a state as Cork football is in Frank Murphy would move heaven and earth to get the best for his players - surprisingly enough and I'm open to correction here - has any Up and coming Cork player been 'poached' by Uncle Tadgh"
Not that I know Horse and yeah, the way Galvin was blagarded in 2008 was a disgrace. But saying that I come from the belief that you do the time for the crime, I've no problem with players accepting their punishment and I like the fact we are a county that accepts suspensions and just gets on with it.

But when you see the likes of the Dubs and Mayo using ever trick to try and get their lads off after serious incidents and employing lawyers to present the case, maybe we need to start being more belligerent in that regard too!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 3935 - 28/09/2017 22:52:36    2051521

Link

Actually just saw the bold Tadgh has been appointed a backroom coach for the Sydney Swans, maybe that means the days of leeching our young talent are done for a while!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 3935 - 28/09/2017 23:03:10    2051526

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Not that I know Horse and yeah, the way Galvin was blagarded in 2008 was a disgrace. But saying that I come from the belief that you do the time for the crime, I've no problem with players accepting their punishment and I like the fact we are a county that accepts suspensions and just gets on with it.

But when you see the likes of the Dubs and Mayo using ever trick to try and get their lads off after serious incidents and employing lawyers to present the case, maybe we need to start being more belligerent in that regard too!"
"Not that I know Horse and yeah, the way Galvin was blagarded in 2008 was a disgrace. But saying that I come from the belief that you do the time for the crime"

Yes you have a point but I would have to disagree with you .. ok as a coach and parent and being honest sometimes you are the more a father figure to the players the right example should be given that all foul play and untoward actions must be accounted for and Gaa like life one has to take responsibility and be accountable and serve the punishment etc.

However and here is the but part, again coaches and boards must stand up for their players, I'm a coach and I'd back any of my players and have done so, there would still be consequences and only recently I got a player off a local suspension but he ran the field the next time in training till he threw up, then he got up he ran some more, and more and more.. and was dropped for the next game..he was punished internally and everyone knew that all actions have consequences but one player being a tit should not have repercussions on a panel's ability to progress.

Going back to 2008 Galvin lost the plot yes, deserved a game suspension yes.. being cited for assault on an official excessive to say the least… remember he got 6 months initially..and he didn't lay a physical finger on the ref. We've seen eye gouging, nipple twists, fish hooks, rabbit punches and players grabbed by the throat.. all way way more serious… all go unpunished… my issue is consistence.. put it this way and I'd be thick stubborn.. if I was chairman in 2008 I'd say ok.. we're out and threaten to pull Kerry from the championship.. you telling me the Gaa wouldn't buckle to a championship without Kerry… would the premiership play a year without United… sometimes one has to take a stand externally while still uphold the values internally.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 3394 - 29/09/2017 09:02:00    2051576

Link