Clare Forum

Cusack Park redevelpment

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

just want to ask what exactly was done to cusack park as i was in the farover stand but the stand across the way looked as if wasnt touched just painted.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 666 - 21/03/2016 18:06:02    1836510

Link

Ennis will always be a dump.... crap pitch, development was a joke... press box with a wall blocking the pitch... would love to know who gave the green light for that

Cultec1 (Limerick) - Posts: 61 - 30/03/2016 14:35:37    1839272

Link

its a lovely hurling pitch but the stadium itself it not great. ask most hurlers and they will tell you the pitch there is good. you sound bitter cultec, still sore over last weeks result?

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 905 - 31/03/2016 09:04:14    1839507

Link

Maybe not a great stadium but two teams on the up. Priorities are right

Banner.Abu (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 31/03/2016 14:56:38    1839682

Link

well said banner.abu

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 905 - 31/03/2016 17:12:43    1839774

Link

Hey guys. Is there any leads as to where the 2 million allocated to the new stand is gone or has that cash trail gone cold? Maybe theres something in the Panama files..

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 912 - 06/04/2016 16:56:42    1842734

Link

Well it certainly wasnt spent on the updating the scoreboard.

ZUL10 (Clare) - Posts: 521 - 06/04/2016 19:00:51    1842792

Link

People here dont seem to understand that 2 million is a very small budget to work with it terms of renovating part of a stadium. Compare that to the 74 million budget for pairc i chaoimh. Everythings adds up very fast, the new access up to the the stand, the new seating (which no 1 seems to have complimented) new dressing rooms, toilets and turnstiles, along with a few more bits. You can easily see how 2 million can be spent. In sick of all this nonsence, 2 million was a very small budget and anyone who doenst understand that shouls not be commenting!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1749 - 08/04/2016 08:42:12    1843308

Link

I understand 2 million isnt 74 million. The 2 million should not have been spent if the result is a sub standard stand. The seats are a joke. No leg room...if someone wants to get up then everyone has to move and not just stand up. The journalists perch is awfull as commented on by various journos. I havent had the pleasure of using the washroom facilities but i have used the ones behind the town end at the league final and they are a disgrace.. there was a leaking pipe in the roof on one corner and the stench..
Its just that fans demand value for money. If a job isnt going to measure up to a ceryain standard then dont do it and save up or just turn it into a terrace

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 912 - 08/04/2016 11:35:07    1843385

Link

I understand 2 million isnt 74 million. The 2 million should not have been spent if the result is a sub standard stand. The seats are a joke. No leg room...if someone wants to get up then everyone has to move and not just stand up. The journalists perch is awfull as commented on by various journos. I havent had the pleasure of using the washroom facilities but i have used the ones behind the town end at the league final and they are a disgrace.. there was a leaking pipe in the roof on one corner and the stench..
Its just that fans demand value for money. If a job isnt going to measure up to a ceryain standard then dont do it and save up or just turn it into a terrace

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts:3

I would agree with you Bloodyban Clare have won 3 all Ireland hurling titles (senior) 3 21s 2 Munster minors 2 Intermediate all Ireland in last 25 years and we have a County Grounds that befits a progressive Club at best.

The late great Brendan Vaughan put in place a structure to provide a decent stadium in 1981 (for its time) or so 34/35 years and since then nothing has been done to improve it until now and its a poor enough job lets be honost we have full time people on our Board so cant see why people are jumping to defend them. If you into Cusack Park there are hangers on swanning around there as if they owned the GAA

Wexford have only won i All Ireland in that time and have a lovely Wexford Park
We should make an arrangement with Limerick County Board and have our home Championship matched there it would be a short journey for most Clare Supporters instead of going to Thurles or Cork when its finished

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 333 - 08/04/2016 12:18:26    1843416

Link

Obviously we would all like to have a much better stadium, but the fact is that the money just wasnt there.. The place needed a revamp and despite what people say it has improved a lot. Its blatantly obvious that there is so much more work that could have been done to really improve the venue but the cash just wasnt there..
County board had a decision to make regarding whether to spend money on cusack park or caherlohan. At the end of the day the improvements are adequate but what we now have is a top class training facility for all our county team. And i for 1 am pleased the money was used to complete this project rather than throwing a few more million at cusack park..

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1749 - 08/04/2016 14:01:12    1843479

Link

I see your point 'Hurlingexpert'. Its very valid. And I agree with you too 'Clooney'. This trekking down to Thurles for Clare and Limerick is not on in 2016.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 912 - 08/04/2016 18:14:49    1843596

Link

Guys just wondering how 2 million was spent renovating Cusack Park. I love the setting and atmospheric ambiance. However there aren't enough toilets..It's not tarmaced around the back of the shed side. The seated stand is pretty poor aswell. The men's toilets were cordoned off at the tulla road end on Sunday too..

PeggyShippen (Limerick) - Posts: 300 - 19/06/2018 13:31:06    2113056

Link

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "Guys just wondering how 2 million was spent renovating Cusack Park. I love the setting and atmospheric ambiance. However there aren't enough toilets..It's not tarmaced around the back of the shed side. The seated stand is pretty poor aswell. The men's toilets were cordoned off at the tulla road end on Sunday too.."
I have no idea. It looks like it needs another 5 million to get it up to scratch. To be honest, there were rumors in 05-07 that a developer was going to acquire the Stadium for apartments and we would get a new county ground outside of ennis. That would have been great but the GFC put an end to this. Pity really as they would be better off knocking Cusack Park and rebuilding from scratch.

I saw a tweet the other day from someone at the match who asked for a cup of tea and was told they had to unplug the kettle as it was tripping other electrics in the stadium. Hahaha. Classic Irish GAA

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1927 - 21/06/2018 02:10:32    2113485

Link

Any news on when the Cusack Park development is starting? I hear they are going to upgrade the seated stand. I was there last year for the Limerick match and the poor result was compounded by being wedged in those tiny seats. It 'll be a lovely ground when the upgrade is done.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 912 - 14/02/2019 11:50:33    2165281

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Any news on when the Cusack Park development is starting? I hear they are going to upgrade the seated stand. I was there last year for the Limerick match and the poor result was compounded by being wedged in those tiny seats. It 'll be a lovely ground when the upgrade is done."
Id say its as good as it will get Lovely Town great vibe on match day but grounds are really not much better than many Club grounds sold land back in the day and also to Aldi so really stuck with it it you are sitting down and drop something off your lap like a programme unless you are abut 3 you cant get it back until full time

We would be as well having an arrangement with Pairc Na Gael for our home Championship matches although i hate the Stand there as well

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 333 - 15/02/2019 16:15:28    2165529

Link